Women Only, Jiddah

Know about this? Rate It!

• Women Only
  • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Thanaa Addas: Custom made Abayas

by DunaKal Written Sep 22, 2005

My Abaya 2005

This lady owns a place at her home for making Abayas to your own choice and taste.
    I love working with this lady,she is professional and up to date with the international market.
    She brings exotic cloths from India,China,Egypt and Morocco to add it to her Abayas.
    Uses the best materials and has good prices for custom made Abayas(as it may go up to 3000-5000SR per Abaya and veil in some other shops).
    The prices at her shops ranges from 700SR to 1200SR max.

Here is my latest 2005 Abaya,I got the inner lining material as a gift from my uncle last Eid,and I had no clue what to with it(as I dont make any custom made casual dresses)yet I loved the colours of it.so I took it to Thanaa and requested her to be creative.

The Abaya is inspired this time by the Japanese Kimono,see the sleeves.
    but it has a little ribbon in the front to knot ;-)
    isnt it cute :-D

What to buy: Mainly she custom make Abayas that matches the head scarves.
    the shop has also many ready made Abayas,and many head scarves and viels.

What to pay: 700-1200 to a set of Abaya and a veil.

• Women's Travel
    • Religious Travel

• TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo

Jacques Dessange: time for a fine-tune?

by TomorrowsAngel Updated May 30, 2004

jacques dessange

This is my favourite beauty salon here in Jeddah. Most of the clients and people working there are Arab (with a few Philipinos). So its really cool to go get something done and you end up meeting interesting people and then have fun trying to communicate with a mixture of pigeon English, French and Arabic.

What to buy: I've had waxing done here last year. And this year got foils done and a manicure. The massages are supposed to be good also.

What to pay: from SR80 for a hair treatment, up to SR1500 for a whole day of VIP treatment

• Business Travel