Mecca Favorites

by imran8852

Most Recent Favorites in Mecca

• in Mecca

by tjanjua Written Aug 20, 2008

Favorite thing: Jazak Allah Br Fayez. You have provided very useful and helpful information.
    The biggest challenge remains finding a decent hotel with reasonable price. We are not looking for a 5-star hotel but a decent place where we can sleep, otherwise most of the time will be spent in Haram inshallah. We have a place to stay for one day when we get there and then we are hoping to find a decent place nearby inshallah. Allah Kareem.
    Feel free to add more suggestions. Thank you.
    Tanweer

Jabal Thur One Of The Historical Sites

The View Of Jabal Thur From Afar

Favorite thing: There’s a cave in this mountain where Muhammad s.a.w and his dear friend Abu Bakr took refuge from the pagans of Mecca who tried to kill them. They stayed in the cave for three days before migrating to Medina. Jabal Thur is about 5km from Masjidil Haram. It takes about 2hrs to climb up the mountain.

Fondest memory: Words Are Not Enough To Describe My Feelings.

• Desert

Umm Al-Joud Kiswa Factory

by imran8852 Updated Jun 7, 2007

Favorite thing: Visit The 'Kiswa' (The Drape Of The Kaabah) Factory If You Have The Opportunity To Do So. Here You Will Have The Privilege To Witness How The Beautiful 'Kiswa' Was Made. The 'Kiswa' is pure silk and the beautiful calligraphy of the Holy Quran was embroidered from gold thread.

Fondest memory: No Words Are Adequate Enough To Describe My Feeling About The Fondest Memories Of Mecca.

• Adventure Travel

• imran8852's Profile Photo

Streets Of Mecca During Hajj Season.

by imran8852 Updated Jun 7, 2007

Favorite thing: This Is A Picture Of Pilgrims Making Their Way Back Home After Prayers During Hajj Season.
    Along The Way Home, You Can Also Visit Shops And Restaurants.

• Adventure Travel

• Muarrij's Profile Photo

The place where great things happened!

by Muarrij Updated May 29, 2007

The Kaabah, at mid day.

Favorite thing: The Kaabah in Makkah is one of the most spectacular places in the world.

Not just from the spiritual aspect, but when you see so many millions of people , all in sync and all there for one reason your mind just cant handle it.

Its not unusual to breakdon when you first see this place. Its truely moving.

Fondest memory: There is a saying that once you visit the Kaabah your soul will want to return time and time again. There is just something amazing about this place that makes you want to come again and again.

You feel at peace with yourself and the world when you are in the Harem. It is indeed a unique sanctuary.

I miss the Kaabah, like the deserts miss the rain.

My son`s first Umra

by DunaKal Written Oct 5, 2006

My kids

Favorite thing: Although most muslim people take their kids to the grand mosque in makka at early age..
    My husband and I always thought that my son is a bit(well not a bit,,maybe a lot) hyper active and might get lost from us at the crowd.
    This year 2006 I thought he`s old enough,after all he`s 8 years old.so I went and bought him the whilte cloth to preform Umra.

We went to Makkah in the afternoon on a Ramadan weekend,and boy I made a mistake,the mosque was so crowded,he barely could breath.at first he was excited and was counting the times we circled the Kaaba(The black building in the middle of the mosque),

By the end of the Umra he was out of breath,but his cheeks and lips were so red because of the hot weather.looked rather cute I must add.

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

People from all over the globe!

by DunaKal Updated Jan 24, 2006

Turkish signs in Makka

Favorite thing: In Makkah you get to inter-act with other people from all over the world,when standing inline next to each other to pray at Makka`s mosque,the rich,the poor,the white and the black all standing together.
    Makkah`s Mosque(Al Masjid Al Haram) can accupy about 2.000.000 people or more at once,,,it is huge!

Fondest memory: In all the times I went to Makkah`s mosque or as we call it (Al-Masjid Al-haraam)i remember the time I first took my seven years old daughter to preform Umrah with me,it was her first time to fast in Ramadan(the month of fasting to all Muslims)she was quite excited about it(tired though)but very excited knowing that she will be greatly rewarded from Allah.
    The other time I remember is going at the mosque but not in Ramadan month and it was a lot less crowded,I got the chance to kiss the Noble Rock(we don`t worship the rock itself but it is believed by Muslims that is a piece of heaven).It`s called the black rock(Al Hajar Al Aswad).

SIMPLE LIFE

Major Ramlee & Kamal

Favorite thing: Trying so many times scan, scan, scan...the photo still green. Desert Mountain look like
    Tropical Mountain...every thing is green. Taken in Mina (not Aminah ), the gentelman wearing *Rayban* is Major Ramlee..Hah ha ! Next to him..the Great KAMAL Khan. My first Haj...May 31,1993.

What is in the plastic bag buddy ? My I'ntl Passport, tooth brush , mineral water and wallet. That all ? Yes, that all, easy eh doing Haj ! You didn't believe me, asked Mr RIZ KHAN from CNN.

At last, the wizard's hand come down to help. By his help this photo not so green eh !! Thank you DesertRat for your contribution for this page.

ENTERANCE VISA

VISA

Favorite thing: PHOTO : ORDINARY VISA FOR UMRAH'/ZIARAH'(TOUR).

See the differance from the top pic....this is a visa for tour only. The visa issued on our ordinary International's Passport. From the past experianced, the Embassy won't issued any visa for tour if the period / season for Hajj are closing to each other. This is to avoid the tourist overstayed and too crowded at one time.....2,000,000 are too many at one time.

GATES OF MASJIDIL-HARAM

JUMA'AT PRAYER

Favorite thing: Photo : One of the gates of the Holy Haram in Mecca.

The most sacred land for the Islamic world is the land of AL HARAMA in the Arabian Peninsula. The city of Mecca located AL KAABA' and AL MASJID AL HARAM. About it the book of ALLAH ( QURAAN ) says:

* The first house built for the sake of mankind is that which is situated at Mecca. It is a place full of blessings and the source of guidence for the universe. It has conspicuous signs and one of them is Muqam -e- Ibrahim. Who so ever entered it, is guaranteed his security and it is obliging on the people to go for the pilgrimage of the house provided he can go safely to it, and whosoever denies it then he must know that ALLAH does not stand in need of anything from His creations *

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Aziziya Tunnel

by Pakistaniguy Updated Apr 19, 2004

Coming out of the Aziziya Tunnel on Al-Hadda Road.

Favorite thing: Unfortunately the Al-Hadda market was closed and i couldn't find any internet cafe over there. Now we had to go back from the same tunnel to my hotel which was very close to Haram.

Fondest memory: It was nice to see good infrastructure in different cities of Saudi Arabia.

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

The Famous Aziziya Tunnel

by Pakistaniguy Updated Apr 19, 2004

The Tunnel from Inside.

Favorite thing: After completing my Umrah and prayers, i wanted to log on to the Virtual Tourist from Makkah. so, i got into a taxi infront of my Saraya hotel. I told the taxi driver to take my to Hadda Market (which was told to me by Hotel Receptionist) where i can use internet.

Fondest memory: He drove on Al-Hadda Road and we were soon in this large tunnel called Aziziya. It was nice to see Tunnels outside Europe (especially Switzerland where they have so many tunnels). I think this was my first experience being in such a large tunnel outside Europe. I am not sure how long it was but for sure it was around 4-5 kms.

• Architecture

Rush for the prayers

by DunaKal Updated Aug 24, 2003

People going to prayers

Favorite thing: Here is a picture showing people going for the Asr prayers(afternoon).
    As I was crossing the street to get to the holy mosque I noticed a group of 6 children with their tutor (maybe father)rushing to the mosque,,their ages were about from 5 to 10 years old,they looked so cute,,I just wished I could have snaped a shot of them,,but I also had to watch for the traffic ;-)

Most mosques in Makkah and Jeddah have learning session of the Noble Quran after the Asr prayers for the young men mostly.

Fondest memory: Watching the young ones praying,and sometimes falling asleep while kneeling down.

Psst,,see that lady in the black,,that`s my mom holding the hand of my daughter ;-)

• Study Abroad

• fkompani's Profile Photo

Masjid-Al-Haraam

by fkompani Updated Dec 1, 2002

Masjid Al Haram

Favorite thing: Masjid-Al-Haraam is the first place to go

Fondest memory: Sitting in Masjedolharaam, I was looking at those who where praying. Some were walking around Ka'be some were saying their prayers some were just sitting there and children were running and playing. Different races of people white & black doing the same thing, together in peace. It looked to me like a big house, my house and theirs. A place where everyone can experience peace and happiness, can feel being in love and be loved, a real love, and that was amasing.

PHOTO : VISA FOR...

by AliJoe Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing:

PHOTO : VISA FOR HAJJI....

This is visa for Hajji....issued by Embassy of Royal Saudi of Arabia. They issue a special passport, good for one way...just doing a Hajji only not for other purpose. By doing this method
    the Saudi Government able to control visitors during the peak season in Mecca & Madinah....for the ordinary Muslim traveller not for Hajji...checking will be done regularly, normaly their 'Tour visa' will be expired before Hajji's Season. Saudi's Jail are really unpleasent according from one of source. So, becareful, don't get caught !!

Instant Answers: Mecca

Comments

Mecca Favorites

Reviews and photos of Mecca favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mecca sightseeing.