Mina Favorites

• Birds perched on the roof inside a Mina tent.
    Birds perched on the roof inside a Mina...
    by Muarrij
    Jamarat by night
    by DunaKal

Best Rated Favorites in Mina

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

At Al Jamarat

by DunaKal Written Jan 16, 2006

Jamarat by night

Favorite thing: I insisted to go to the three Jamarat to stone the devil(there isnt really a devil there as some ignorant Muslims might think)it`s only a symbolic action....

Anyways,on the first night my husband and I among few others waited until midnight and the crowed was a lot less...I had only seven pebbles with me,but I needed 21,and my husband had none,and he also needed 21 pebbles!

Fondest memory: I did my ritual with the first seven pebbles,but then I tried to look for some more on the ground,not finding any at sight....then I noticed a young Saudi man with a bottle half full with pebbles,I asked him if he can spare some for me....he looked at me and said "you seem like a mate at Al Mokaramoon camp"
    I nodded my head in an agreement.we both counted the bebbles he had and they were 21 !!!
    so I shared them with my husband,and then at the last pilar,again I didn`t have any more...then I spotted a pebble on the ground,as I wanted to reach for it,a lady(I noticed the Malasian flag on her shirt)reached to prevent me from nealing down on the ground...and gave me 7 pebbles,that she could spare!
    I thanked her deeply " Trimakase,Trimakase"!

I will always have trust in Allah(God)!!!

• Religious Travel

• Muarrij's Profile Photo

Peace through acknowledgement

by Muarrij Updated Apr 4, 2007
    Birds perched on the roof inside a Mina tent.

Favorite thing: Mina is only really visited during the Hajj season for a few days by about 2 million people all at the same time. You would think that such a small area would get quite congested during this time, but no, you still feel at peace. Why?
    There is nothing really to stress you out and everyone is at peace.
    No Internet connection, limited mobile coverage and no other mod cons like TV, media to distract etc.

You start to appreciate the simpler and more natural things in life, like real people, as opposed to virtual ones.

Fondest memory: I enjoyed my time in Mina, because I felt the healthiest here probably due to the lifestyle.
    I remember particularly the small birds that flew into our tents through out the day especially in the mornings, they would sing to us. I would imagine each tent had its own song!

They would usually perch high up on the tent roof racks and sometimes swoop down when the tents were a little more empty to nibble on left over crumbs etc.

• Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Mina

Comments

Mina Favorites

Reviews and photos of Mina favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mina sightseeing.