Medina Favorites

• imran8852's Profile Photo

Nabawi Mosque

by imran8852 Updated Jun 7, 2007

Masjid Nabawi At Night.

Favorite thing: Although Visiting The prophet's Mosque Has No Connection With The Hajj Or Umrah Rituals , We Felt It Is Our Obligation As Muslim To Visit The Prophet's Grave And Mosque As A Token Of Our Love And Appreciation To Him When We Are In Saudi Arabia. Unlike Masjidil Haram Which Open 24hrs , The Nabawi Mosque Close after Isya' And Re-open Again Around 3.00 a.m Just Before Dawn For The Next Prayer.

Fondest memory: No Words Can Really Describe My Feelings.

• Religious Travel

• imran8852's Profile Photo

Dzul Hulaifah Mosque

by imran8852 Written Jun 4, 2007

Me & My Family At Dzul Hulaifah

Favorite thing: Dzul Hulaifah Mosque or Syajarah Mosque also more commonly known as Abyar Ali about 410km north of Mecca and about 10km from Nabawi Mosque can accommodates more than 5000 people. Here is one of the places the pilgrims come to put on their ‘Ihram’ for Hajj or Umrah if they are already in Medina.

Fondest memory: No Words Can Really Describe My Feelings.

• Religious Travel

• fkompani's Profile Photo

Men in Ihram, Shajara mosque

by fkompani Updated Sep 29, 2002

Shajarah Mosque

Favorite thing: This is where we started our jurney towards mecca. We went to the state of IHRAM [u can look at my mecca page for explanations about Hajj, and Ihram if u want to] here in shajarah mosque, and then moved towards Masjid-al-Haram, Mecca. That was one of the greatest days in my life. All the way I was thinking and telling myself, "I'm going to see it, I'm going to see Kaaba, I'm really going to be there".

Fondest memory: It was funny somehow, not to be allowed to order others, to look in the mirror and other things, difficult, too. But I liked it. I was a different person, a better one I guess when I was in the state of Ihram. :)

• AliJoe's Profile Photo

Again inside view of the Holy...

by AliJoe Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: Again inside view of the Holy Haram in Medina. The same activities, Praying,
    Learning, Teaching, Reading the Holy Qura'an, Discussing and Sleeping (lol), this poor man woke up early....0230
    in the morning to catch the first prayer ' AL-Fajr' at 0315 in the morning.

• AliJoe's Profile Photo

Mount Uhud, in the centre is a...

by AliJoe Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: Mount Uhud, in the centre is a graves of the Shuhada of Uhud. According to the Islamic Historians, the' Uhud War ' took a lot of life to defend Medina and outskirt.....may be like ' Battle of ALAMO' or ' Battle of GETTYSBURG' I guess !! (lol).

Riaz-ul-Janna in the...

Favorite thing:
    Riaz-ul-Janna in the Prophet's Mosque in Medina. According to Islamic Historian, this place built up by date's tree and frond at the first place by P. Muhammad during HIS first move to Madina from Mecca .Later on
    slow and steady this Mosque had been refurbish and extend by the first Khaliph ( Saidina Abu Bakar AlSidqe ).
    This 'Mehrab' had been built the by last Khaliph from Ottoman Dynisty (Istanbul, Turkey).

• nartjies's Profile Photo

miracles of madinah

by nartjies Written Sep 8, 2002

Fondest memory: (a)The sweet sound of the Quran being read by the imaam during taraweah which leaves you in an unexplainable trance, that softens your heart and brings tears to your eyes.

(b)The aura of tranquility and serenity that surrounds the Prophet's Mosque and pulled me closer to Allah.

(c)The soft taste of the fresh dates at the break of fast accompanied by the pure zam zam water.

(d)Different parts of the world seen in different faces that left me stunned with the fact that there is such a diverse community in such a small parameter. And the smiles on these faces that open up a whole new world of communication.

(e)The walk back after salaat(prayer) when the crowds are immense and you tend to shuffle along.

(f)The warmth and generosity of the people that live there. They would hand out bowls of soup or veges or pink milk from these massive pots at sehri(before sunrise).

(g)Having been served first at the post office even though there was this long queue simply because I was a woman. There are separate queues for men and women wherever one goes and the queue for men usually stretches beyond the entrance.

(h)And the most fondest memory would be the time i spent all alone at Rowdal-Jannah! It was a miracle and a long story because usually there are hundreds of people wanting to pray in this tiny area. I guess every moment of being in Madinah was a sheer miracle...

• fkompani's Profile Photo

Free your mind and be a real...

by fkompani Updated Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Free your mind and be a real pilgrim. Medina is a holy city and the most important activity there is praying. I loved to spend most of my time in MasjedalNabi praying, reading Holy Quran and also religious poetry.

Fondest memory: I really miss the peace and happiness that I used to feel there. Any moment I spent there was filled with joy. It seemed that I had left all my fears and anxiety back there in my hometown and was given happines instead.

• S_J_Miller's General Tip

by S_J_Miller Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: Visiting the park in Medina.
    Medina is spelled many different ways.
    Medina, Medinah, Al Madinah.
    They are all the same beautiful place.
    When I visited Saudi, it was in November so the weather wasn't to bad. But I did have my winter clothing along just in case.

• Sala' Mountain

by arabian10 Written Oct 6, 2005
    Sala' Mountain

Favorite thing: The versant of Sala' Mountain, where was the leading center where built AL-Fateh Mosque, and appear in the photo Abu Bakr AL-Saddeeq Mosque, Ali bin Abi Taleb Mosque and Salman AL-Farsi Mosque.

• AliJoe's Profile Photo

Inside view of the Holy Haram...

by AliJoe Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: Inside view of the Holy Haram in Medina. Learning, Teaching, Discussing and Reading Holy Qura'an. This
    Mosque will be close at 2400 hrs. Guarded by unarmed and armed guards.

• S_J_Miller's General Tip

by S_J_Miller Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: Medina and all its splendor. This city and its maginficence will definately make you want to return.

Instant Answers: Medina

Comments

Medina Favorites

Reviews and photos of Medina favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Medina sightseeing.