Places to eat in Saudi Arabia

Most Viewed Restaurants in Saudi Arabia

Kudu: Kudu must be Arabic for Philadelphia

by american_tourister Written Jan 21, 2010

Kudu is a Saudi owned and operated chain of fast food restaurants that caters to the Sauid palate. It has some American style food but delivered Saudi style. They have good egg based breakfast food which is unusual in KSA as most fast food places only open for lunch.

Favorite Dish: I like the beef melt sub sandwich. It is very much like a Philadelphia Cheese Steak but without that Philly flair.

Herfy's: The Amercian NW in Saudi Arabia

by american_tourister Written Apr 4, 2008

Good eats. Never ate there until I came here. I actually had to go on the internet to find out they are from Washington State.

Favorite Dish: The fried chicken is pretty dog gone good. It reminds me of Chirch's chicken in Texas.

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

Starbucks: OMG! They are here too!

by american_tourister Written Mar 31, 2008

Oh my god! Starbucks is here in force! There is one every time I turn around it seems. The one I took the picture of is in Dammam. I see them in Jubail, Khobar, and Dammam. Man oh man, when NASA gets to Mars they will find one there too.

Favorite Dish: Cafe Latte Venti

• martheus's Profile Photo

11 a: great food & lovely view

by martheus Updated Apr 16, 2007

11 A is on the 11th floor of Al Faisaliah Tower. When you walk in you will never know how great the view was. you can see the whole Riyadh City. My wife and i were surprised when we found out that the Chef is a Filipino. The food was great.The waiters was so attentive eventhough they are so busy.

Favorite Dish: i love the famous kebab and the steamed hammour

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

Restaurant Almuhaya: oasis in the middle of the desert

by jorgejuansanchez Written Oct 16, 2006

This restaurant in Hafar al Baten is open 24 hours a day and constitutes a crossroads point for the travellers going to Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain or Al Riyad.
    They will serve you tea and food, and you can sleep in the carpets, for free, and use the showers.

Favorite Dish: as above

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Ramadan`s Kunafah

by DunaKal Written Oct 25, 2005

A must try dessert is the Kunafah,although it`s widely known in all the Arab region(Egypt,Lebanon,Syria,,ect)where usually it`s filled with either fresh creamor Cheese,
    but here in Saudi it`s filled with cream & Banana`s.
    Here is one that I personally baked for a Ramadan feast.

Favorite Dish: If you buy it from a shop it`s sold by the kilo.

Pattaya Chain Of Restaurant: Thai and Chinese Cuisine

by clws Written Sep 12, 2005

Great tasting food that you can order for take out, or go in and dine. They have a large menu with a very nice variety. You can't go wrong with this restaurant

Favorite Dish: Their fried spring rolls, because they are dfferent than any I have ever had. They have a little more spices added to them, giving them a different flavor. The Thai Fried Rice with chicken is really tasty and full of flavor. Add to that the Chicken w/ cashew nuts, and it is a veryf filling and great meal. A little pricier than some of the other restaurants of it's type, but for the different taste, we go for it.

The Grill: A Taste of Tandoori and Chinese

by clws Written Sep 12, 2005

The Grill is a small restaurant we usually order take out from. We have eaten inside once, and it is a nice cozy place. I would suggest reserving a table on a weekend night though, because the restaurant fiils up fast, and most people do reserve. They offer large portions, so you will be bringing some home with you if there aren't many of you. We like to order different things and share, which is finde here. They bring it out and offer plates to take what you want of each. I have enjoyed everything I have tried here.

Favorite Dish: Mixed Springroll, Vegetable Haka Noodles, and Hunan Chicken are my favorites. They are very generous with the spring roll, and 2 people can share for an appetizer. They sweet and sour dipping sauce sets it off really well. The haka noodles are flavorful and the hunan chicken is spiced up just right.

Kan Restaurant: Quick, Fast, and Good

by clws Written Sep 12, 2005

Kan Restaurant is the place to go if you want to pick something up or have it delivered. They offer large portions and their food is really tasty. Sometimes a little on the greasy side, as it is grilled and deep fried foods. But good never the less. Sometimes you are just in the mood for something like this!

Favorite Dish: Favorite? Wow? We buy some of this and some of that and have a bit of a buffet! So I will go with what we get, because I love all of it! They have wonderful cheese labana bread! I love it and can not stop at one piece! Their shish kabab (lamb) is seasoned well and really hits the spot! Bhe Bar-B Q Chicken is wonderful also, it has a wonderful wood smoked taste to it that we love. We ordered once and ended up with some fried shrimp somehow and ever since then, that has been added to our order! It is batter dipped and nice and crisp on the outside!

Chili's: If you are missing a bit of the USA

by clws Written Sep 12, 2005

Chili's is a well known restaurant in the USA that offers a little bit of a South west flavor and variety of dishes. They have a very similar menu as the USA does at this location. It is a great place to take the family for a nice meal. They offer a children's menu and the employee's are really friendly.

Favorite Dish: I love the Crispy Chicken Salad with its tangy ginger and sesame dressing. The almonds and the mandarin oranges really add to this salad as well.
    If I am not in the mood for a salad, I like to get the Monterey Chicken with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. It is marinated and basted in a really tasty bbq sauce and topped with bacon (beef bacon here) cheese, and tomatoes.

• clws's Profile Photo

Le Gondola: Delicious Italian at its finest!

by clws Written Sep 12, 2005

I love this place! My husband took my children and me here for my 36th birthday in August. It was my first time going there and it was wonderful. It is a little more upscale than your typical sit down restaurant. Nice decor, and tasty food. It would be a really nice place for a romantic dinner with the decor and the lighting. They bring out bread and olives while you wait for your entree's. They have two kinds of bread in the basket and they are both wonderful. As well as the olives. They are marinated and very delicious. They offer a couple of dipping sauces you can use for the olives and the bread. This was my children's favorite part of the meal! They do not have children's items on the menu, but are more than willing to divide an entree up for smaller children for you. My husband ordered a dish that had several kinds of pasta on it. It was a sampler of sorts and every one of them were really good. I ordered the lasagna and it was wonderful. I'm not too much on lasagna at restaurants, preferring it from home, but I have to say, this was some of the best lasagna I have ever eaten! We will be going back!

Favorite Dish: I shared the sampler of different pasta's with my husband and the lasagna. All of it was really good. I have to say though, that the lasagna was my favorite. It was some of the best lasagna I have ever had. Just the right amount of everything!

• iwys's Profile Photo

Silver Tower Restauant: The best Oriental restaurant in the E. Province

by iwys Written Nov 1, 2004

The Thursday and Friday night buffets at the Silver Tower Restaurant are probably about as good as fine dining gets in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.

The buffet consists of a variety of Chinese, Japanese and Korean dishes: Peking duck, teriyaki, tempura, kim chee etc.

I must have been to this restaurant at least a dozen times, but in the end I stopped going because of the msg in the food. If you like an Oriental feast, Silver Tower is great; if you are into health food, it's not.

Favorite Dish: Korean vegetarian hors d'oevres, sashimi and Peking duck.

• TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo

everywhere: matabbak

by TomorrowsAngel Written Aug 30, 2004

Matabbak is unleavened bread filled with vegetables, meat or fruit, usually held together with egg.

Favorite Dish: You buy it off the street. And only pay 2-3SR per serving. One serving is about the size of a dinner plate and cut into small pieces.

• AliJoe's Profile Photo

TIHAMA Restaurant

by AliJoe Updated Jun 26, 2004

TIHAMA Restaurant, belong to Abha Inter Continental Hotel. One of the two restaurant that offers various styles and cuisines. Arabic, Asian, European and other Western delicacies are on the buffet table or the A la Cate menu. Can say every meal is a new experiance.

• kenyneo's Profile Photo

Lefana: Exotic dish from the Babylon

by kenyneo Written Jun 13, 2004

Huh needless to say this is the finale of my 3 pic series of my Babylon outing ....and here you go

Favorite Dish: Well it has got to be the Iraqi kebab and the Iranian kebab ....the Iraqi kebab taste so cool ..though the kebab is still a kebab but kebab with so much soupy gravy ..now this is first time ....( it actually makes eating kebab easier coz it a little dry for me lol )

the gravy is like yougurty type and not thick so you can lap it clean like me ....

Side dishes -

fhul ( a gravy of mashed nuts , no they are not coarse but very smooth and creamy , top with a little olive oild )

thuum ( a garlic sauce , but nobody beats the thuum from Abu Nawas restaurant I can assure you )

Err at the top you see a so called Iranian kebab , but I guess I just couldnt tell the difference and it looks pretty much the same , maybe my taste bud was spoiled by the Iraqi kebab. Lesson learned well , dont put 2 neighbours who are not on talking terms together lol !!

I am a big fan of Abu Nawas thuum.

Saudi Arabia Hotels

7 Reviews - 15 Photos
Najran Hotels
10 Reviews - 18 Photos

Instant Answers: Saudi Arabia

Comments

Saudi Arabia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saudi Arabia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saudi Arabia sightseeing.
Map of Saudi Arabia