Latakia Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Latakia

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

Queen Cafe, Riviera Hotel Restaurant: interesting wall decor

by uglyscot Updated May 27, 2010

The Riviera Hotel's restaurant serves lunch and dinner, or tea and coffee, or there is a bar.
    The service is excellent and the food is very good.
    The menu offered is usually steak and fench fries and/or rice, beef escalope, chicken escalope or steak.
    In the evening we used to order toasted cheese sandwiches and a plate of cucumber and mint.
    Tax is included .

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed all but particularly the chicken escalope with french fries and boiled vegetables. There is also. beef escalope or steak or fish available. Sometimes there is rice available too.

• Business Travel
    • Seniors

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

Bahja Restaurant: great food

by uglyscot Written May 25, 2010

remains of the meal

This seafood restaurant offers you the choice of fish - frozen.
    For those who don't want fish there is the choice of grilled chicken, for example,. Salad and mezze is also on offer.
    The restaueant is clean and service is good. It was off-season when we were there so cannot comment on the normal atmosphere as we were the only diners.

Favorite Dish: The grilled chicken was excellent.

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• iwys's Profile Photo

Dolphin Restaurant: fish by the sea

by iwys Updated Mar 13, 2007

The Dolphin Restaurant has a great location on top of a cliff overlooking the fishing harbour and the Mediterranean. There is an open-air terrace from which you can watch people fishing on the rocks below.

When I was there lunch-time, however, they only served deep-fried fish. They only use the grill in the evenings. Anyway, I wouldn't go there during the day in summertime. Eating in the humidity is very uncomfortable. I was soaked in sweat by the time I left.

As well as seafood, they also serve all of the usual Syrian dishes, like mezze, kebabs and shish tawouk. Beer is served.

• Trains

• iwys's Profile Photo

Last Station Restaurant: airconditioned

by iwys Updated Mar 13, 2007

The great thing for me about the Last Station Restaurant was that it was somewhere cool to escape from the heat for a while and have a drink. The food and service are good too.

I had baba ganouj and "special chicken" with a bottle of Barada beer and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Work Abroad

• goranvul's Profile Photo

Stop 5: Tasty, but don't let them charge you more

by goranvul Updated Nov 28, 2006

I am writing this from an internet cafe next to the restaurant, after having a delicious meal. The problem is that they always try to charge you at least 20-25% more that they should. I did not complain yesterday, but today I came along to a good extent just to argue about the price if they try to rip me off again. Actually, the prices are clearly stated in the menu you are given, and the price list is also next to the entrance. My bill today should have been exactly 200 SP, but the guy wrote 265 SP. I asked him how come, and he told me to wait for a moment, then after probably having consulted his boss, he got back to me and said that the prices in the menu were old. Then I asked "why don't you correct them? As a guest, I expect to pay what you state in the menu and the price list you have outside." Then he said "ok ok", and reduced the price to 215 SP right away, still being unable to let ME decide about the tip. Anyway, I left them 225 SP, and went out hearing them saying "sorry", to my big surprise.
    This problem is present almost everywhere is Syria, but even more in the middle and south of the country. You must be very precautious, otherwise you are ripped off easily.

Favorite Dish: Hummus

Restaurant with view over Qala'at Salah Ad-din

by MalenaN Updated Sep 3, 2004

On the road between al-Haffa and Qala'at Salah ad-Din there is a restaurant with a nice view. The castle looks close but walking the serpentine road down and up it is not.
    I had shish kebab (chicken or lamb) with a meet that was too dry.
    As soon as the meet arrived to the table so did the wasps. But the staff brought some smoking coffee powder and the wasps disapeared for a while.

Restaurant Al Assafiri

by MalenaN Updated Sep 3, 2004

Restaurant Al-Assafiri is situated along the Cornishe in Latakia. Before going to Ugarit we had lunch here and it was a good lunch. For three shish tavuk (chicken), a big sallad, bread and two big bottles of water we paid 565 SP. The chicken meat was very good and tasty.

Olabi Coffee

by MalenaN Updated Sep 3, 2004

One morning we had breakfast at Olabi Coffee, just of Sharia Baghdad.
    Coffee and chocolate croissant was very good and costed 35 SP. Here you can also find muffins and cakes. There was no fruitjuices during the summer.

Stop 5

With Ugarit cola

With Morgan and Katjalin from France I went to the restaurant Stop 5. The customers there were foreigners or young Syrians. I had a shrimp pizza which was very tasty and a 7-up (two years before there were no 7-ups in Syria but the name was cher-up). With tip I paid 150 SP.

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

Al-Havana: Excellent cheap food

by chrisvandenbroucke Written Mar 22, 2004

No menu: we have everything they said. I.g. chicken (300 / 2 pp) - fish 300 pp / kebab 150)

We had chcicken with humus, rice and beer.
    Lot of food and very good. We each had two A-Shark Beers (50 piece)

Instant Answers: Latakia

Comments

Latakia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Latakia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Latakia sightseeing.