Latakia Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Latakia

Microbuses

by MalenaN Updated Sep 4, 2004

It is easy to travel to places nearby Latakia with one of the many minibuses.
    For Ugarit the bus leaves from a place between 14 Ramadan and Sharia Antakya and it costs 5 SP. The bus to Ugarit also passes by Cote d’Azur de Cham.
    The minibus to al-Haffa (for Saladin Castle) leaves from the minibus terminal close to the stadium. The fare to al-Haffa is 10SP (July 2004).

Taxi

by MalenaN Written Sep 3, 2004

The price for a taxi ride within the city of Latakia is 25 SP (July 2004).

As you arrive to the train station the price tend to be much higher. The first taxi driver, standing right outside the train, offered to take us to the hotel for 3 dollars (150 SP). Just outside the trainstation they wanted to have 100 SP but just walking a bit to the side a driver told us he take us to the hotel for 30 SP. And he was the one who told us all taxi rides within the city is 25 SP.

To Turkey

by MalenaN Updated Sep 4, 2004

From Latakia I wanted to go to Antakya in Turkey, without going all way back to Aleppo. I did not know if it was possible first. But at the bus station I bought a ticket for 500 SP (10 dollars), which I thought was expensive compared to other tickets in Syria. Arriving at the bus station the morning after I understood why the ticket was expensive. The bus was a minibus and we were only three passengers (good as it makes the waiting time at the border shorter).
    Three hours after leaving Latakia I arrived at my hotel in Antakya (I saw it from the window of the bus and asked the driver to stop). That was quick!
    Taking the taxi to the bus station in the morning the owner of Hotel al-Atlal said there was another bus (I think it was the bus from Damascus) going to Antakya, and it was passing the Cornish, not the bus station.

Train to Latakia

by MalenaN Written Sep 4, 2004

The train to Latakia, and Firas!

From Aleppo I took the train together with Morgan and Katjalin from France. We got seats in second class, which have quite hard seats with straight backs. First class looks much more comfortable with soft seats which you can lean back in and air-condition. Unfortunately there were no seats left there.
    I wanted to buy something to drink on the train but there was nothing. But when the train stopped, sellers entered to sell soft drinks.
    It took about 3,5 hours to go to Latakia.

• Mcclovis's Profile Photo

getting there and away

by Mcclovis Written Sep 9, 2006

train from Aleppo to Lattakia

The best way to go to Lattakia from the Damascus is by coach, from Baniyas by car, service or bus and from Aleppo by train - the most picturesque train trip, I think. Booking the coach ticket early is recommended since many commuters do the (energy consuming) trip from Lattakia to Damascus every week or more! And do not forget the passport.

• iwys's Profile Photo

Aleppo-Lattakia Train

by iwys Updated Mar 13, 2007

Train is the best way to travel from Aleppo to Lattakia. The fare is S£155 each way, The journey takes just over 3 hours. I took the 06.10 train from Aleppo which arrived in Lattakia at 09.20 , and the 18.28 train from Lattakia which arrived in Aleppo at 22.00.

The train takes you through some of the greenest and most mountainous scenery in Syria.

• Work Abroad

Instant Answers: Latakia

Comments

Latakia Transportation

Reviews and photos of Latakia transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Latakia sightseeing.