Qal`at Sahyun Travel Guide

Qala'at Salah Ed-Din
    by Mcclovis
    turn right for the stairs
    by Mcclovis
    way up through the trees

Qal`at Sahyun Transportation

by Mcclovis Written Sep 8, 2006

Microbuses leave from Lattakia to Al Haffa regularly, Al Haffa being the village on the way to Qala'at Salah Ed-Din. Taking a taxi or a shared private microbus is also possible but I do not know the price. It is obviously negotiable. The road is crowded with vehicles of every sort since the area is an agricultural one and the road is narrow and winding.

by Mcclovis Updated Sep 8, 2006

From Al Haffa to the Castle my friend and I took a motorbike taxi. This is absolutely unrecommended! The road from Al Haffa to the Castle is narrow and winding and downright perilous. At one point is passes over a bridge without railings, with cars and other vehicles occasionally coming the opposite way. To make matters worse, being the lightest of the three, I had to sit at the back with nowhere to put my feet except splayed out and the weight of the other two squeezing the breath out of me. After this ride I lost sensation in certain parts of the body! Needless to say crash helmets were non-existent. Moreover, the motorbike driver lacked good manners. We took a more comfortable taxi on the way back and next time I go to this splendid castle, I'll take a (car) taxi or rent my own car.

road from Alhaffa to the Citadel
    • Castles and Palaces

• Qal`at Sahyun Hotels

0 Hotels in Qal`at Sahyun

Qal`at Sahyun Warnings and Dangers

by Mcclovis Written Sep 9, 2006

1 - the road to and from the Castle. See transportation tip.

2 - Sheer height. Some areas such as roofs and stairs are not protected by railings and are not places for those who cannot stand heights.

3 - Heat and dehydration. Stock well on water bottles and protective clothing especially in summer.

The Needle Rock from another angle
    • Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Qal`at Sahyun

Comments

Qal`at Sahyun Travel Guide
Map of Qal`at Sahyun