• Motoring

For those motoring enthusiasts: go by your own car or rent one! (I rented a surprisingly fast Megane - must have been a 2 Litre - through Hertz in Central Damascus.) This is definitely one of the best countries to be behind the wheel: perfect main roads network; great off-road (rock and sand) driving (although not for me this time); plains and some...

• Swimming: Tartus or Latakia ?

According my experience is good to visit Tartus and the island Arwad, but take a bath in your bathroom. A beach is quite dirty although water is so-so (a harbour is very close). There are clean paid beaches in Latakia.

• More swimming pools

One afternoon in Aleppo Firas, Leen and I went for a swim in one of the many swimming pools in city. The first two we went to were only open for men that day. So, if you are going to visit a swimming pool you might have to look for one that is right for you that day!It was a hot day and the swim was very really refreshing! Something to recommend a...

• Everything

Everything you need if you're staying in Hims for one week to deserve doing some sport,sportclubs are everywhere in the city, and the best one to do is swimming, especially in the summer ;-)

• Climbing

Qala'at al Rahba is a beaten path on the hill, so you'll be forced to climb, no car or horse could do it for you, and then you have to get down like a ski style on the sand, cool and sport for free!

• You will have to walk and climb

• Who said that white men can’t jump?

A high Jump like that and almost a slam dunk!Who said that white men can’t jump?Do you see what I see!What a jump!

• Sport City

Looks like a chapel!its for the swimming games!also the whole place is so green and not far from the Cote d'Azur!you can make it by feet!and you'll have a good trip and hiking!

• Sport City

Our government paid a lot of money to complete this great project!but we now are using it very good!and it could be a chance for another inviting to a Mediterranean games in the future!

• Sport City

This Big Building is for the Boxing and Tough Sport competitions!it was built with a closing ceiling for more visitors and to protect them from the hot weather!

• Sport City

Boats are everywhere and its normal in a City like Latakia!Even here near that sport building in the Sport City, you can see them adding a lovely view to the place!

• Bicycle

One of the best sport activities you can do is renting a Bicycle!it's so cheap one hour will coast you 2$and its really fun and you can discover many beautiful shale’s in the neighborhood!

• HA HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL!

Of course white men can’t jump!I hope you liked this scenario!my love to acting is appeared on VT too to make my friend smiling!

• Basket ball

Firas as a real Professional!Never thought I could balance a basket ball on my Finger!but in fact it's easy when you catch the technique!

• Swimming

Well, I made a lot of walking in Syria. But it is nice with a change. When I was tired of the ruins of Palmyra (had seen a lot of ruins before as well), I went to the swimmingpool at Heliopolis Hotel to swim for an hour. To use the pool you pay 150 SP. First I didn't know if I could go or not, travelling as a single female. It was OK. There were...

Syria Hotels

51 Reviews - 254 Photos
Latakia Hotels
80 Reviews - 180 Photos

Instant Answers: Syria

Comments

Syria Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Syria sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Syria sightseeing.
Map of Syria