Adana Tourist Traps

I should have took the bus
    by looseelectron

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Adana

• vonmilla's Profile Photo

Be aware that zillions of...

by vonmilla Written Aug 24, 2002

Be aware that zillions of people will want to shine your shoes, invite you into their store, give you a drink of tea, and show you merchandise (especially carpets) for sale. The friendliness is usually real; Turks are kind, generous people. But you may be surprised at how insistent some merchants are that you visit them.

• looseelectron's Profile Photo

Parking a vehicle

by looseelectron Written May 15, 2005

Some local yo yo's may try to shake you down for parking money, on the city streets.

Unique Suggestions: This happened to me right outside the police station, and I'm in a hurry. I let the local Joes rattel on a bit, untill they appeared to get really aggitated. They wanted 2 million lira ($1.60 US). I gave in, but who did these guys think they were?

Fun Alternatives: Find an area where there is parking attendants, you will leave your keys and pay when you return. About 2-3 million lira. The attendant may move your car to double or triple park vehicles. But, this is a safer method. Also you can take the bus or walk.

I should have took the bus

• looseelectron's Profile Photo

Speeding Tickets

by looseelectron Written May 15, 2005

Ocasionally, when driving outside the city you will see orange cones directing you to one lane. This is the police. They will decide if you were speeding, how can they tell? They usually don't have any type of radar devices.

Unique Suggestions: Always carry extra cash, in Turkish Lira. I suggest about 60 million lira. I was stopped on the way back from Alanya to Adana. I negoiated with the police, I told them I only had X amount of lira. They accepted my free money, and I took a photo with them. At this point, they understood I was crazy. Whatever. I kept more of my money. This was definetly a scam!

Fun Alternatives: First off, don't accept a red rental car. Blend in with locals. For example white and silver are popular colors. Or take the bus.

Instant Answers: Adana

Comments

Adana Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Adana tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Adana sightseeing.