Dogubayazit Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Dogubayazit

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Restaurants

by MalenaN Updated Jan 17, 2004

Close to Isak Pasha Palace there are two different restaurants/cafes. One is above the palace. Here you can sit down to drink a tea, ayran or a beer with a beautiful view over the palace and the plain below. They also serve food.
    Below Isak Pasha Palace at Murat Camp there is a restaurant with Kurdish live music in the evenings. It's a nice place.

Down in Dogubayazit, on the main street Dr Ismail Besikci Caddesi, there are a few cafes/restaurants. If you are a female you will probably be shown to sit on the upper floor.

• chauncenetta's Profile Photo

Camp Murat: It's the ambiance

by chauncenetta Written Dec 23, 2003

A great place to hang out. The owner, Saem, pictured at left, is an amazing man. There is a steady stream of hard core travelers, some raconteurs, Kurdish music, and some good serendipituous fun. The kind of place where everyone there seems to have a story, that you'd actually be interested to know.

Favorite Dish: They'll cook whatever you want. It's casual. or bring your own food (lamb testicles) as my friend did and they'll cook it for you. It's that kind of place. Great view of the town and the surrounding castles as well.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

NO Restaurant at the castle

by globetrott Updated Nov 16, 2003

Mount Ararat and the Rotel-Bus

There is absolutely NO restaurant or kiosk at the Isaak Pasha Serail, so make sure, you take some food and drinks with you, so you are able to enjoy the great landscape and take some hikes in the area .

Favorite Dish: On the other hand THIS is a great place to go for a DIET...

...the great scenery will help you to forget completely of Lunch or dinner...

• Adventure Travel

• DPando's Profile Photo

wherever u can: Ramadan time

by DPando Written Apr 26, 2007

As in every part of this country the menu aint as divers as i wish ..actually its almost always the same.. i mean that the breakfast served is always the same.. for exemple.. tea, as much as u want, soft cheese cut i slices, black olives, tomato, bread, cucumber, and some honney.. during my month there i was having breakfast the same...
    during the day wherever u go the kebab its the main dish with different ways, but the same.. lamb is the main meat that u will find not many others, rice is also served in all the dishes (pilav), and a lot of spices and peppers join the main courses.
    Be carefull in ramadan time.. cos almost nobody eat norhing during the day .. till the sunset time to the sunrise its possible.. but restaurants just open a while (2h more or less)..

• DPando's Profile Photo

doesnt matter the name of: no chic restaurants

by DPando Written Apr 27, 2007

Dont expect find chic places or restaurants as in Istanbul.. mostly are modest restaurants with exceptional attention from the staff..really helpful and kind...
    i remember just right now.. but one of them focused my attention ... looks nicer than others and the atmosphere was cool !!
    location.. quite easy and difficult cos i dont remember the street name.. but keep my indications and should be easy..
    the street where you have to go is the same that runs straight ahead to the bus station.. there's no other.. its in the center.. and the best indication is that has neon lights from outside, wooden facade furniture and has two stages.. there's no other like this.. and if u walk a little bit by this main boulevard you will look at this

Favorite Dish: i remember the staff so so nice and cool and the meal was excellent..always similar to other places but its liable that i was so so hungry after walking back from Ishak Pasa palace.. anyway its a good option to take at hand !!

• terrycowan's Profile Photo

Sandlikemp Restaurant: My Favorite in Dogubayazit

by terrycowan Written Nov 17, 2006

My spelling may be a little off, but this is the way I think it is spelled. The decor inside is on the funky side; I can't explain it, you'll just have to see it. But the food is excellent! The back rooms have traditional Turkish dining (reclining at low tables).

• June.b's Profile Photo

Sark Sofrasi: Delicious Food and clean restaurant

by June.b Updated Sep 20, 2010
    Sark Sofrasi restaurant

We took all our lunches and dinners in this restaurant. The staff are very attentive and corteous, the restaurant is clean, and the food is really delicious, and of course very affordable. Mostly ranging between TL7 - 12.

The tomato/cucumber salad that comes with every order is yummy as well as the home-baked flaky white bread.

At night, they put out their tables and chairs with white linens, nice to dine while watching people walk by and the happenings along the main pedestrian street.

I highly recommend this place for its delicious food at affordable price.

Favorite Dish: chicken and beef kebab fare, i think the best restaurant in Dogubeyazit.

• June.b's Profile Photo

Urfa Sofrasi: Not for the hungry

by June.b Updated Sep 20, 2010

We were waiting at the bus office of Agri Dagi and we still have about 1 hour before our bus depart so suddenly I felt hungry and I said we still have enough time to have lunch.

So I told my friend let's try other resto. The Urfa Sofrasi (or Oz Urfa Sofrasi?) is couple of stalls away from the Agri Dagi bus office, so we pick it. We went on the upper level where the salon is, we ordered chicken kebab, calculating the time - we have 45 minutes to wait, consume the food and go.

We waited and waited and waited for around half an hour and no chicken kebab came while the waiter said it's coming, another 5 minutes and we are running out of time, and no waiters around, my friend went down to check our order but no one knows, so we hurry out and went to the bus station, bought a one lira bread at the bakeshop at the station and settled munching a tasteless bread than die of hunger.

Making that story short - we were not able to have the privelege of tasting the food at Urfa Sofrasi rather they made us wait for like forever - for maybe a food that's not worth waiting after all.

I cannot comment on the quality of the food rather on the poor service. So if you're in a hurry - do yourself a favour - go somewhere else.

Favorite Dish: constipation.

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Asmali Konak: On the way

by ozalp Written Nov 25, 2008

It was a small restaurant just across the Van busses. We had little time and needed something to eat before the road. The view of the restaurant was not promising but we hadn't time to stroll aroun. So, entered and ordered some "lahmacun", (stupid explanation: small and thin Turkish pizza).
    While waiting our lahmacun, we realized that the local people prefered here, too. The taste of lahmacun wasn't so bright but not bad either. The best thing about this place that it was extremely cheap.

Favorite Dish: No fav.

• duncanburt's Profile Photo

Great Pastries

by duncanburt Written Sep 3, 2005

Everywhere in the East of Turkey are great pastry shops, and this was no exception. If you do go here ask to go upstairs and sit on the balcony and just watch the world go by.

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Asmali konak: Wonderfull pide

by Tuna_ank Updated Sep 16, 2010
    My pide

Pides are great there. If they have, also ask for "abdi gör" köfte (meat ball)

Favorite Dish: Kusbasili kasarli pide (Pide with meat parts and cheese)

Instant Answers: Dogubayazit

Comments

Dogubayazit Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dogubayazit restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dogubayazit sightseeing.