Amasya Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Amasya

• June.b's Profile Photo

Ramis Usta: Flavourful Dandurma

by June.b Updated Jul 19, 2011

I don't know what's the chemistry with Amasya and Ice cream?

Ice cream parlours are all over town! Just along the Ziya Pasha Boulevard beside the Yesilirmak River are several parlours serving delicious chewy dardurma (icecream), maybe more than a dozen of them.

And a lot of people are walking with cones on their hands, and at the parlours, people are ordering big lunchbox size of the icecream with different flavours.

But my favorite parlour is the Ramis Usta Damak Dandurma. I ate ice cream there several times and even took home 2 small box of mix and match flavours. The guy making the ice cream (yes, they do it there) is very friendly.

5 small scoops costs TL3 or 4? I forgot b'cuz everytime I order 3 scoops, I ended up repeating the same and adding 2 more, and I'm not a sucker for icecream ha!

Ramis Usta is located along the Ziya Pasha Blvd., I think about 2 blocks from the town square and the Hukumet Bridge, along the river promenade.

Favorite Dish: Order more scoops of the light green flavour, I think it's kiwi flavour.

• Photography

• June.b's Profile Photo

Yaylagol Lokantasi: Budget and tasty local meals

by June.b Updated Jul 19, 2011

The last time - 4 or 5 years ago - I made a review on a lokantasi in Istanbul that serves cheap but delicious local meals beside Beyazid tram station, I regret it. They are now popular among tourists and the downside -- they became expensive.

Nonetheless, I'm always fair and I say what I've tasted.

I was looking for a local fare and a place that has street-side tables & chairs (alfresco dining) as I was sweating from long walking tour of the town.

I spotted a lokantasi and I know what it means -a local eatery - instantly I went in as I've noticed people dining are all locals - elderly and young folks. Don't know what to order so I pointed to the plate of the old man eating beside my table and it was pieces of tender slices of beef from the spinning shawarma spit with pieces of equally sliced bread. A plate of fresh garden salad came first with onions and lemon. Then the plate of beef pieces came on top of the sliced pita bread, it was really tasty I think because of the fat coming from the beef. And it's a big portion though I finished it all as I was really hungry.

I came back twice there to take my lunch and dinner.

The Yaylagol Lokantasi is located along the Danishment Caddesi -- the street with rows of plants with flowers in between. Near the foot of the bridge - Hazeranlar Caddesi. Also near the Amasya Ticaret ve Sanayi Odasai (Amasya Trade & Industry Dept.), along the Ziya Pasha Boulevard, near the river. I don't think you'll still get lost with that directions.

The staff albeit not speaking english are very attentive and friendly, and the food is so affordable.

I think I paid only TL8 or 7? for the plate of beef and bread + the salad. And finished my meals with a hot tea.

It's a clean local restaurant. Highly recommended.

• Photography

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Ali Kaya Restaurant: Simple but Efficient

by traveloturc Written Apr 4, 2009

Very simple lrestaurant, up near the Apple Palace, offers breathtaking views of Amasya. You can visit during the day or just before sunset to do them justice. If there's a group of you, ring ahead for a free pick-up, otherwise a taxi will set you back around €3 each way.

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

Bahceli Ocakbasi: Hearty Turkish meals

by Tijavi Updated Nov 8, 2007

This was it

After climbing the Pontic tombs under the searing midday sun, I was feeling exhausted and ravenous. Upon seeing this restaurant where the lunch crowd seemed to have congregated, I just settled on one of Bahceli's outdoor tables, and ordered some quick local cuisine - it was a meat stew with pilaf rice. I was too hungry (or too Turkish stupid) to know its name!

Restaurant has a very prime location along Ziya Pasa Bulvari overlooking the promenade on the southern bank of the river. Its colorful (orange and green) chairs and outdoor shades reflect the colorful characters that wade through Ziya Pasa, i.e. it's also a good place to people watch.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

With a view

by MalenaN Updated Jan 20, 2005

View over Amasya

Ali Kaya Restaurant have a fantastic view over the city and the valley. It is nice to come here before sunset to see the city in both daylight and electrical light.

The evening can be cold and windy. In the morning I had used a sweatshirt and thought I must really bring it in the evening. But as the day became hot I did not think the sweatshirt was needed any more. As the sun became low on the sky and there was a breeze I really regretted leaving the sweatshirt behind.

To eat and drink I had lamb shish kebab, salad, bread, ayran and tea. Including tip I paid 10 000 000 TL.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Popular lunch place

by MalenaN Updated Jan 18, 2005

Sonja eating lunch in Amasya

I met Sonja from Sweden and we went to have lunch at Cesni Cafe and Fast food, by the river, on Ziya Pasa Bulvari. It looks like a popular place, as it at lunchtime was full of people. On the menu you can find for example Köfte, kebab, hamburger and pizza. One coke costs 1 250 000 TL (June 2004).

Otherwise there are many small places selling Döner kebab (meet in bread) + ayran (yoghurt drink) for only 1 000 000 –
    1 500 000 TL. I ate a good dönerkebab at a place just opposite the Atatürk Statue at the square. It was only 1 000 000 TL (including ayran) and I got some watermelon after the meal. It was a nice place.

• maykal's Profile Photo

kebabs and pide in the square

by maykal Updated Nov 6, 2003

Old Amasya

OK, I don't have any names, but there is a cluster of restaurants in a small square the wrong side of the road adjacent to the river...the road somewhat spoils the view of the old town and the pontic tombs, but we didn't see anywhere else to eat. There was a Turkish restaurant, whose speciality was Tokat kebap...don't know how that is different, but it cost twice as much as the others on the menu and looked just the same! Next door was an Italian which was The place to be seen. The outdoor tables of both these restaurants merged, so you never knew which restaurant's menu you would be given! There were also a couple of teahouses/ice cream shops in the same square, also fighting over seating space.

• Tdiver's Profile Photo

Amaseia Mutfagi: Great local dishes.

by Tdiver Written Sep 11, 2006

Amaseia Mutfagi,Amasya.

All the local dishes are here at really good prices.
    Great view out across the river or enjoy the small courtyard.

Instant Answers: Amasya

Comments

Amasya Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Amasya restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Amasya sightseeing.