Alanya Restaurants

• Restaurants
    Gute Stimmung

Best Rated Restaurants in Alanya

• Joan40's Profile Photo

Adanus Restaurant & Cafe Bar: Watch the birds jumping!

by Joan40 Updated Jun 13, 2004

Hasam and Ismail

Please visit the Adanus Restaurant its just two blocks past the Grand Kaptan Hotel and the staff and food are brilliant! If you want to spend your time in good company with good food, this is the place to go. Hasan and the staff are really a laugh a minute, and anything you want to know about the town and its attractions, just ask Hasan.

You may wonder about the title? At the Adanus they breed and keep fancy doves/pigeons, and during the day they let them out, they cannot fly very well but they tumble over when they try to fly. But Ismail said his birds jumped - he had the wrong word. We laughed when I explained in my country jumping has a totally different meaning :-)

Favorite Dish: Ok, I have no particular favourite dish they all looked good and the beer is excellent. PS we live in England, so just pretend the dollars sign is a pound sign, although there are dishes cheaper.

SIDAR RESTAURANT: THE BEST

by whitecliff62 Updated Apr 4, 2011

SIDAR RESTAURANT

We went to the Sidar restaurant 3 times while we was in Alanya, each time the food was superb, great variety and choice to the menu as well, on top of this was a very freindly staff who was always on hand to make your evening great, i would highly reccommend this restaurant to anyone who visits Alanya in the future

YAKAMOZ RESTAURANT AND BAR: FANTASTIC VIEWS OF THE HARBOUR

HAVING A GREAT TIME

Isn't it always the way, we found this restaurant the day before our flight home, if we found this restaurant earler then we would have eaten there nearly every night. The views from this place are fantastic looking over the harbour with the castle behind you

Favorite Dish: My wife fancied pizza on this night but it wasn't on the menu, so the waitor said no problem at all, he ran down to a restaurant down the street and had one especially made for us, and it was the best we had had in the 2 weeks we were there

• Tamina's Profile Photo

RAVZA RESTAURANT: One of the best restaurants in Alanya

by Tamina Written Nov 6, 2007

Adana kebap - its hot and spicy

This is a very special place. Ravza is one of the oldest restaurants in Alanya, since 1955 at one place (Tourism started just in the Sixties) and managed in the 4th generation in the family.

Especially from grilled food and the fantastic pides, lahmacuns and Mevlanas (flat wheat bread with several toppings, a little like pizza) I can´t never get enough of. I know the most traditional food restaurants in Alanya (I live here for 7 years) but Ravza is the best. The most of the meat comes from the own farm and butcher, not from wholesale. That´s the secret of the taste...

Other specialities (beside the pides):

1. Liver
    the have it not always, but you should ask for the LIVER PAN - its great.

2. Fish
    From October to May you also get a perfect grilled fish for a low price (complete Menu with rice and rich salads for ~ 10 Euro)

3. Ayran
    You have to try this beverage. It is just joghurt with water and salt, but they use their own homemade joghurt from the family farm. There is no better at hot days. I´m addicted to dirnk this :-)

You absolutely can be sure that they never ever cheat you, because the family is very religious and to threaten guests respectfully and honest is their first principe. That´s also the cause why you will get no alcohol there.

You will find it when you walk from the big Atatürk memorial in city direction (on the way to the harbour) opposite the Turkish Commercial bank (Türk Ziraat Bankasi). If you ask someone there - everybody knows Ravza.

Favorite Dish: Liver pan
    spicy, fresh liver with vegetables on a pan will be served on open fire.

Mevlana Pide
    long wheat bread from stone oven filled with cheese, tomato and little pieces of grilled lamb

Mixed grill
    if you can´t decide what you want, try this. A little from everything with much salad and rice.

Ayran
    You absolutely have to try this yoghurt drink!

• Kervansaray: Simply the best restaurant in town

by tan1415 Updated Jan 22, 2006

This is simply the best restaurant in Alanya.
    I was a bit surprise that it hasn't been mentioned before in virtual-tourist...but it's understandable.When I came to alanya I made sure that our local guide understood that I was serious about finding and tryng out the best turkish cuisine available. After some some prodding I got the name...KervanSaray. The guide , but also locals agreed that this was the premier resaturant in Alanya.

Even though it's on the main avenue of alanya it doesn't really cater towards tourists but is the place to eat for the locals or knowledgeble expats. What sets this restaurant apart from all other establishments...there are NO touts trying to coax people in. And it starts to get busy pretty late well after 8/9 pm. Turks eat out late. But than it gets bustling. The price is a bit higher than the local restaurants.but it's worth it. I tried other restaurants, but none could come even close.
    This is a true kebab/grill specialist. I know what people say...how difficult is it to grill meat? That's what i thought too. All I can say is...eat here. And you will understand just how special it is.
    Making the difference between good and great is the most difficult with the easiest food.
    The meats here are not only prepared and grilled to perfection, but the ingredients are of the highest quality. I am used to steakhouses that take there meat seriously, but here they take the lamb just as seriously.

This truly is one of the best places I have ever eaten. And even if you are not a serious foodie..this is a place that you truly must try out. It's easy to find too...because EVERYONE in Alanya knows about Kervan Saray. Even though they will be suprised that a tourist knows about it.

Favorite Dish: I just love the Mixed grill. It has different kinds of meat with a little salad. Kebabs, Shaslicks etc.The portions are not that large...but when you take into account the delicious and fresh complimentary bread...more than enough. The meat is so flavourfull and tender...absolutely beautifull.

Also good is their speciality of the house Iskender Kebab. Is mince meat kebab on a bread with special sauce on it.

MC DONALDS: THE ONE AND ONLY

MC DONALDS

Yes here it is again, the dreaded Mc donalds LOL, i don't think there is anywhere in this world where you can escape the bloody big mac hahahahahahaha, didn't stop me having one though LOL

Favorite Dish: Its all basically crap hahahahahaha

• H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo

Kaptan's Grand Filika: Great Beachfront Restaurant!

by H-TownJourneyman Updated Nov 7, 2006

Filika restaurant is located west of the Alanya peninsula on Cleopatra beach. And when I say on the beach, I mean right on the beach. When we dined here, it was such a perfect setting. It was at sunset, and as we entered we were suprised to see that there was only one other party eating here. So we got a table on the outside terrace right in front of the sand. It was really nice to be able to watch the sunset over the water, hearing the waves roll in front of us, and sip on a much-desired Efes beer and some Turkish wine. The menu here is quite extensive, and a wide variety of cuisines are available. Italian, Mexican, and of course Turkish dishes are all available. We stuck with Turkish, and both had kebap. As nightfall came on, we were also treated to an excellent view of the Alanya Fortress above us, which is illuminated with hundreds of lights at night. Our food turned out to be really good, and the waitstaff was excellent, very nice. The prices tended to be a little more pricey here than at other places in Alanya, but to us, it was worth it just for the incredible scenery!

• H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo

Nice Little Cafe Overlooking The Harbor

by H-TownJourneyman Updated Nov 7, 2006

A nice place we found right by the Red Tower & the dockyards, and overlooking the harbor was a little cafe. Since it was very sunny and hot that day, and we had been walking around for awhile, when we saw this place it looked very inviting! We sat down under the much-appeciated covering in the shade and ordered a couple of beers. They had food available, but we were content with just sipping on our beers and taking in the lovely scenery of the harbor. If you are in the vicinity of the Red Tower, and are in need of a drink, snack, or would like to relax for a little while, stop by this place! Sure glad it was there! :)

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo

Mahperi Restaurant: Seafood

by nigelw6443 Written Sep 24, 2003

Seafood Platter!

Along the waterfront are many restaurants like this one , but we were not hassled buy the hosts outside to eat in here. The seafood was good but these places are not cheap, prices were more or less the same as in Berlin.

Some of the other restaurants offer seafood, but it is frozen and not fresh. One host made me laugh when he told me that it was fresh when it was frozen!

Favorite Dish: Mixed seafood platter.

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo

None: Harbour view

by nigelw6443 Written Sep 24, 2003

Top beer!

Next to the Kizikule, which is an octagonal fortress at the end of the harbour are several small cafe´s. I didn't try the food but it was a great spot to sit and have a cold beer and watch the boats in the harbour.

Favorite Dish: Cold Efes

• Beer Tasting

THE MARINA RESTAURANT: GREAT CALAMARI

MARINA RESTAURANT

Although the Marina restaurant was pricey it was worth the money, the food is superb and even though it was packed on that perticular night the service was still very good, we went here 3 times on our holiday and on each occasion we never had a bad meal. All in all it was worth the extra money to eat here

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal had to be the calamari served with a good Turkish salad and a wedge of lemon

CARLITO'S PALACE RESTAURANT AND BAR: FILL YA BOOTS

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD

This puffed up bread is really popular in Alanya, and its free as well, its a good idea not to order a starter because this bread is a meal on its own, normally served with garlic butter and hot chilli sauce

ALI RESTAURANT: HAVE A LOVELY COLD BEER

ALI'S RESTAURANT.

This looked a lovely restaurant with a good menu but we actually never ate here, but we did stop for a nice cold beer and when you had a thirst like the one i had, then i think this was the best restaurant in the world hahahaha.

I CAN'T REMEMBER: GOOD FRIENDS

FRIENDS FOR LIFE

This was for me a fantastic little restaurant, the only trouble is i can't remember the bloody name of it hahahaha. I can however remember how easy it was to make friends with the staff, they really made this place very special and the food was mouthwatering and always fresh. There was something happening in this restaurant nearly every night like a disco or a turkish night. All i can remember is it is near the police station down by the waters edge.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish had to be the mullet*s* AS YOU WILL SEE NEXT.

I CAN'T REMEMBER: GOING, GOING, GONE

EAT ME PLEASE

In a lot of Turkish restaurants the custom is to choose your fish from the tank or refridgerated displays and it is then sold by the kilo, and at this place it was no exeption. If you enlarge the photo you will see a large fish in the right hand corner. Now see what happens to it in the next photo ?

Instant Answers: Alanya

Comments

Alanya Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alanya restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alanya sightseeing.