Altinkum Restaurants

by WendyBee
    by janeee
    by janeee

Most Recent Restaurants in Altinkum

• salis or oriental: great breakfast and meals

by scattybat Updated Apr 4, 2011

the staff are friendly and will try to make any meal you ask for.
    it is on the corner of dolpin square overlooking the beach so its great for people watching.
    in the evening there is a nice breeze from the sea, you are still in the middle of all the entertainment but it is calmer.

Favorite Dish: we loved their breakfasts, we tried others but theors is just the best. we saw some of the other meals brought out and they all looked really appetising.
    breakfast and juice for 2 cost 20ytl

• Ikbals (Sea front of Altinkum): Excellent frappuccions and fresh smoothies!

by NaomiCampbell Written Sep 1, 2008

I am really fussy about getting well made drinks, whether it is an ice coffee, milkshake, or fresh smoothie. I tried everywhere, but Ikbals restaurant was the only place that made drinks like this. Amazing. The food is excellent too. We visited 3 times on our trip and we were never disappointed. They even gave us complimentary turkish coffee! Not often you would get much for free in Turkey. The restaurant is unique and there is a lovely cocktail menu. Thumbs UP!!!

Favorite Dish: Ikbals special wrap. You will NOT need a starter with this....WOW what a feed!

• Penguin Cafe Bar: ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

by funkymonkey01 Written Jul 19, 2008

3rd beach is said to be not only the best beach in Altinkum, but the best in the whole of Turkey. In close proximity to the beach, there are only 2 restaurants, one of which is the Penguin. I have been to both, and fully recommend the penguin over the other, as, there, you are expected to eat up, pay up and leave. In the Penguin, you can sit for as long as you want, either inside under their cooling fan, or outside in their garden area, watching the waves. At night time, sit outside to enjoy the ambiance of chirping crickets, and the quiet lapping of the sea on the shore. Take a walk on the nearby beach (literally 30 seconds from the restaurant) and dip your toes in the sea at night. Honestly, it's a wonderful experience.

Ali, the owner, and all of his staff, are extremely friendly. The Penguin is a family run business, and the staff have a very good grasp of English. Ali himself is married to an Irish woman, and so, from time to time, he imports propper Brittish food to augment his menu. The prices are cheap, and the food is all freshly prepared. None of it is pre-cooked and reheated, and I know this, because I went in his kitchens. The food is reasonably priced, as are his drinks which he will serve, regardless of whether you eat there or not. The staff will also carry your drinks to the beach for you, if you want a spot of sunbathing. They hire sunbeds for 4 lira each, which works out at £1.60 for the whole day. Even if you return to the hotel, as long as you tell Ali you're going, the sunbed will still be yours when you come back.

On a Thursday, they do a Turkish night. Unlike many places, you don't actually have to pay for the entertainment (belly and break dancers, +dancing girls, fireworks and more). All they ask is that you have a meal there. They will serve traditional Turkish cuisine, as well as Brittish stuff for the kids, and the adults who don't want Turkish.

The restaurant runs a bus service which will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel free of charge. Please tip the bus driver though, as it's a nice, and very well received, gesture. Ali's brother owns the Parasol Bar, a really excellent little night spot in Dolphin Square. It's a lovely place, being kid friendly, but also completely adult friendly. It's easy to spend the whole night partying there, knowing that your children are safe. (please see my tip under 'night life' for more detailed information). The Penguin bus will also do pick ups and drop offs at the Parasol Bar, so, if you want to drink but are worried about getting home, it's a perfect solution. Again, the staff are very friendly, with an excellent grasp of English. The drinks are some of the cheapest in Dolphin Square.

If you want to visit either place, please ask the hotel to call the Penguin Bus. Most will have the number. If they say they don't, please insist, as many will try not to call due to the Turkish/Curdish divide/feud. It would be a shame for you to miss out on a great day at the beach, and an excellent night out, only because of some Turkish politics! I really hope that you will enjoy your time when you go. Please mention me, Carly, Sandra's niece, and, once they know you know us, you will be guaranteed an even warmer welcome (if that is possible). They really will look after you.

Favorite Dish: I absolutely love the Chicken in White Sauce. They bring it out in a traditional Turkish clay pot, complete with fire underneath it to keep the meal warm. It's served with Turkish rice, chips, mashed potato and salad. The meat is some of the nicest, and purest, I have ever tasted. No fat, skin, grissel, etc, just pure meat. It's priced at a very reasonable 16 Lira, £6.40.

• Valentines: Wide choice of cuisines

by kenders Written Jan 15, 2008

Valentines open all through the year, family restaurant/bar serving English dishes from roast dinners , sausage & chips to Turkish pizza (pida) , large screen sky t.v , inside play area for young children. Situated on the main boulevard road. Excellent choice if a family celebration occurs while on holiday.

• Sofra Restaurant: Reasonable Turkish cuisine

by kenders Written Jan 15, 2008

Good Turkish cuisine in a pleasant atmosphere. There is seating inside and out. Looks expensive, but prices are reasonable, buffet style and normal menu offered with excellent service. Five dishes from the buffet menu and a drink of lager is approx. £7.00 Tel: (0256) 813 64 64

• Istanbul Kanatcisi: Above average Turkish cuisine

by kenders Written Jan 15, 2008

Istanbul Kanatcisi restaurant is situated on the Ege Caddesi road. This restaurant opened in 2006. They serve traditional Turkish cuisine, the food is excellent along with the service with a large variety of mezes. You can also choose your meat from the large fridges outside the kitchens. Seating inside and outside. More expensive than some of the restaurants but nice for a treat. Free car service available. Tel: (0533) 439 53 36

Favorite Dish: The large variety of mezes.

• Sehir Lokantasi: Exellent Turkish Food

by kenders Written Jan 15, 2008

Sehir Lokantasi is located in Didim town main square. We were first taken there by our property developers and we noted how many local people dined there. They serve traditional Turkish cuisine which you choose from the hot plates at extreemly reasonable prices. The waiters will explain all the dishes to you. Tables are laid up inside and outside of the restaurant. I prefer the outside as you can then see all the hustle and bustle of the town. I have only dined at lunchtime and have not tried it in the evening. A free car service is available from your accommodation to the restaurant and back again as with most restaurants. So, try the true taste of Turkey.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the lamb stew, not sure what it is called there.

• Brothers Resturant & Bar: Cheap N Cheerful

by WendyBee Written Jul 27, 2007

The Brothers resturant was one of our favourites - to be honest it doesn't have the most amazing menu , what impressed me was when I ordered the King Prawns the owner came over to me and said they did have the prawns but they didn't feel they were fresh enough anymore and would rather not let me have them. I ordered something else ( which was good) and got a free drink & dessert as well (instead of food poisoning). The waiters are really nice and are great with kids - they have karaoke which they encourage all ages to use. They have "Happy Hour" from 10pm - 1am buy one get one free.

Favorite Dish: My favourites were actually the chocolate cake & the cocktails!!

• Palmiye Restaurant(sea front): The best food in altinkum

by jallison Updated Mar 20, 2007

When walking past this restaurant, your 'greeter' outside during the day is wearing his Real Madrid 'RONALDO' shirt. His actual name is Davit, you are made very welcome on entering the restaurant and everything is very clean. The kitchen is virtually out in the restaurant so you know exactly what you are getting. The food is first class and the variety is really good. The service is excellent and you are never waiting very long for the food to arrive. My daughters built up a very good relationship with the owner xavier and when on the beach during the day, the girls went up to the Palmiye and always came back with a free drink!!, they are that friendly. The waiters are very helpful especially another Davit, and when our holiday finished there was tears on everybodies part because they made our holiday so very special.
    we are off again in july 07 and we all cant wait. 5*****

Favorite Dish: Their kebabs outside are well worth a try, around 3 turkish lira- just over a quid.
    you must try their jacket potatoesas well, when they are cooked, they mush the inside up and chuck lots of cheese and butter in.

• Palmiye Restaurant(sea front): The best fod in altinkum

• Palmiye Restaurant(sea front): The best fod in altinkum

• Bulvar Bar: Very friendly staff

by clairecrc Written Oct 8, 2006

Bulvar bar was very good, the staff there were great - no hassle! Josh aka Mr Lolly made myself and my friend very welcome and showed us some of Altinkums best hot spots. He spoke very good english and advised where the best places where to visit within the area! Only around 80p for a bottle of efes and food was very reasonably priced, I found it cheaper to actually eat out at restaurants than buy food in and cook! I would definalty recommend Bulvar bar if not for the food then simply for the friendliness of the staff - they really do go out of their way to make you feel welcome x.

• Work Abroad
    • Beer Tasting

• dolphin caf'e bar: breakfasts to die for

by titsnteeth06 Updated Oct 7, 2006

I loved the breakfast it was lovely but so was the chef who made it very sweet guy his name was ev'len , really nice people very friendly! its too a wkd bar of a night great entertainment for all the family young/old

Favorite Dish: all of it was very nice to me an i am very fussy bout wot i eat too ! sunday roast only 20 ytl very good value i thought really tasty just enough for me as i like a pint wiv everything he he !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• Sahills: food to die for

by jayneee Written Sep 23, 2006

you have just got to go there it brill i loved it the meals are lovely especially the sunday dinners you get soup then your meal then apple crumple and custard mmmmmmmmmm its great on our holiday we only wen for a week unfortunaltly and i think we ate there 5 times it was that good there is any thing you can think of on the menu and all the waiters are realy lovevely and down o earth i loved it ther you sould definatly try it because wen we go back next year well be goin there again if brill i no i loved it so you should to !!

• Water Sports

• b85abydoll's Profile Photo

Mercury Restaurant: English Breakfasts! Amazing

by b85abydoll Written Jul 3, 2006

Mercury Restaurant - They had English Bread for proper English Toast! That may not seem like the biggest thing in the world but I was going from restaurant to restaurant trying to find myself proper english toast to sort myself for the rest of the day and i found it there jus down the road from my hotel!! Perfect!

Well apart from the toast the boys who worked there were so lovely they made sure everything was ok but didnt pester or make us feel obliged to speak, they respected our privacy while we ate and then came and chatted when we had ALL finished!

Favorite Dish: Toast - Its English but I think you could of guessed from the above statement! =-)

Instant Answers: Altinkum

Comments

Altinkum Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Altinkum restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Altinkum sightseeing.