Altinkum Things to Do

I see no ships!
    by jinkersho
    One of the may beach/diving stops...
    Taffs boat

Most Recent Things to Do in Altinkum

Turkish Bath

by mvtouring Written Jun 29, 2004

Turkish bath

A Turkish bath is one of the nicest and most relaxing things that you can go and do whilst in Turkey. Starting with a lovely hot sauna where you feel like you are going to just pass out eventually from the heat, to the warmed marble table where you receive first your rub down to get rid of old skin and then on to the soap foam massage where you feel like telling the guy never to stop. The second one I went for, I also had a head shampoo massage and after some relaxation time, the oil massage which was to die for. I felt so relaxed and revitalized at the same time it is not able to be described, but something you have to experience. We got our first one for free due to booking two organised tours with Love Tours, but had to pay extra for the massage. Turkish baths vary in price from 8 – 20 pounds depending on what they do.

Slow Boat Cruize

by mvtouring Written Jun 29, 2004

Cruise boat

We did a boat trip booked with Love Tours that had 5 stops in all for swims the sea is nice and calm and beautifully blue. You have the opportunity to ride on the doughnuts and banana boat as they follow you around, together with the ice-cream boat. Lunch is included and it was nice. All our drinks which covered beer, wine, cooldrinks, tea, coffee and water were included in the price. It was a nice and relaxing trip, good for topping up your tan. All the boats follow the same route but some boats are louder than others, music etc. Excellent value for money I found.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

Boat trip

by ettenaj Written Jan 10, 2004

BOY OVERBOARD

Highly recommended, as you can see from the picture we had a swim stop, but it was quite a way out from the beach, ans as I was alone with my then 9year old son, I made him promise to stay near to the boat till I put the camera into my bag and dived in after him. It was really exhilerating, and he is a good swimmer, or I would not have done this.

• Beaches

Apollo Temple - column base

by mvtouring Written Jul 8, 2004

Apollo temple

Here is an example of what the base of some of the column's look like at the Apollo temple. The amount of work that went into building and decorating these temples are breathtaking.

Miletus theatre - stage

by mvtouring Written Jul 8, 2004

Miletus theatre - stage

The reliefs on this picture is representing Eros hunting, and was part of the stage building dating back to 2nd century AD. So much detail, just wonderful

The Theatre at Priene - chairs

by mvtouring Written Jul 6, 2004

The Theatre at Priene - chairs

In the middle part of the cavea stands a second prohedria. These seats, which had lion's paws profiles, were made for distinguished guests.

Temple Athena, entablature motifs

by mvtouring Written Jul 6, 2004

Athena Temple entablature

You will discover various different motifs that were used on the entablature's at Athena's temple. This is just one example, you would also find some rosette motifs and many others

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

Short dolmus from Altinkum

by ettenaj Written Jan 10, 2004

SUNSET

We had a short dolmus ride from Altinkum to these ruins I think they were called something like Didyam? The sunsets were quite something

Instant Answers: Altinkum

Comments

Altinkum Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Altinkum things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Altinkum sightseeing.