Antalya Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Benson35
  • Mixed Meze at Mermerli Restaurant, Antalya
    Mixed Meze at Mermerli Restaurant,...
    by Jetgirly
    Mermerli Restaurant, Antalya
    by Jetgirly

Most Recent Restaurants in Antalya

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Ozman Donner: Kebabs

by Benson35 Written Mar 12, 2012

Seven of us decided to have lunch in a kebab house. The waiter spoke excellent English and was really good with the child in our group. He also had a good sense of humour.

I tried the chicken wrap. The chicken was slightly spiced which was just to my taste. There were chillies and hot sauce on the tables if you wanted more spice.
    I got a 'normal' sized wrap. It was huge!! I really struggled when I got halfway through!
    I enjoyed the wrap while I was eating it, but it did repeat on me for the rest of the day.

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Köy degirmeni: Excellent foods

by Tuna_ank Updated Apr 4, 2011

G��vec

There are 3 restaurants at 3 different places. At Metin Kasapoglu st, at White world and at Ismetpasa cad, 419.sok. I guess I saw central restaurant. All foods were great. After the meal you may drink tea around "falez" parc and look to wonderfull sea view.

Favorite Dish: Güvec

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Taraça: Nice place for eating

by Tuna_ank Updated Apr 4, 2011

We ate good things there. But I advice to see all that area. There are many nice restaurants, beaches, pubs, sport facilities, parking places in the same area.We also saw sand scalptures at september.

Favorite Dish: Mezes
    Lavas bread

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Ayyas Mehane: A "Wine House"

by Jetgirly Updated Feb 16, 2011

Ayyas Mehane

I walked past Ayyas Mehane several times, and later I decided to stop by for dinner. A mehane is a traditional Turkish restaurant where music and food go hand-in-hand. At Ayyas they have a nightly buffet (if you walk past in the afternoon you'll see the portly owner preparing each dish by hand), which is then charged by the plate. There were some interesting dishes at the buffet that I hadn't seen elsewhere, and also there was a good selection of vegetarian choices (in the dim lighting I thought the hot dogs in the photo were actually carrot slices!). Later, two performers came to the outside patio and performed contemporary and traditional songs with their guitars. Ayyas Mehane would be a great spot to have a light meal and drinks with a group of friends, or even just to experience Turkish music and cuisine at an affordable price.

• Music

Mermerli Restaurant: Lunch with a View

by Jetgirly Written Feb 16, 2011

Mixed Meze at Mermerli Restaurant, Antalya

I was kind of hesitant about eating at Mermerli Restaurant, as I could tell from it's scenic location and beautiful decor that it was targeted to tourists. However, I was hungry and sick of walking around, and the restaurants suggested in my guidebook were all oddly empty, so I went inside and was promptly seated. Lo and behold I glanced at the plate of a woman sitting near me and saw what looked like a fabulous vegetarian mixed meze plate- just what I'd lacked the evening before at Parlak. Score! As you can see from the attached photo, I was served a rich and creamy mixed meze plate, with two different yogurt dips, a vegetable fritter, bean salad and more. It was actually a little different than what the woman beside me had been eating, but I guess they had lots of different meze to choose from when building the plate! The food was fourteen lira, and I also had a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice for four lira. Service was attentive and friendly, and the views were great too. There was a very pleasant breeze in the restaurant; perfect for a hot afternoon. To top it all off I actually think the restaurant has its own private beach... but I have no idea what you'd need to do to visit it (or if the water in Antalya's port is even beach-worthy). Regardless, Mermerli Restaurant is a solid choice in central Antalya.

Parlak: Hotel Favorite

by Jetgirly Written Feb 16, 2011

The Clocktower is Close to Parlak Restaurant

Highly recommended by my guidebook and the only restaurant that staff at Kaleici Lodge could think of recommending, Parlak was my first dinner stop in Antalya. Located just off a busy shopping street near the old town, Parlak was totally packed when I arrived (though I was the only person who entered the entire time I was there). I wasn't greeted at the door for several minutes; in fact, I wasn't even sure if they were still open. It turns out they were still serving food, and after a while I was seated and left with a menu. The service was neither friendly nor helpful. As well, there was a heavy smell of smoked meat in the air, which itself was thick with blowing smoke from the kitchen. I requested a vegetarian meze plate, which they didn't seem to know how to put together or charge for, but which was eventually served. It was average. Paying required further waiting and more service that I noted in my journal as "grumpy". I'm not sure what the big draw is at Parlak, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Bizim City Cafe: Pedestrian Cafe-Bar

by Jetgirly Updated Feb 12, 2011

Sippin' Beer @ Bizim City Cafe / Antalya

I arrived in Antalya after a five-hour bus trip from Kas, and needed to get some fresh air while also resting my feet. I left my hotel and went for a stroll, and shortly I came upon Bizim City Cafe. It was a large restaurant with a patio on a major street, and it seemed like it would be a great place for some people-watching. I settled into a comfy booth, ordered a beer (kind of as a joke- beer is something I'll never acquire a taste for) and finally caught my breath. Bizim City Cafe looked like the kind of place that would really pick up in the evening, and it seems they sometimes have live music and other special events as well.

• Singles

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Dost Kofte: Dost Kofte

by mvtouring Written Oct 16, 2009

We decided to go here for a doner kebab. Thankfully, because we were not very hungry we decided to share a plate. We got the usual meat (and a lot of it) with pancake, chips and rice. It was really a big plate of food for only 10 lira.

• travelnut71's Profile Photo

Lacivert: Best restaurant in Turkey, both price and quality.

by travelnut71 Written Jul 9, 2009

This restaurant was recommended by the tourist information representative. It is a restaurant that locals go to, the food is not as expensive as those places where they try to get you to go in, "Yes, Please" and the quality is better. Also, the prices are listed and there is no surprise. This is important in Turkey because most restaurants, big and small, chain and all have different prices for tourists. Don't ever pay more than 2 Lira for a tea, big bottle of water nor a Turkish coffee. Here you should try the chicken brochettes. They are chicken breast and very tasty. The dessert was delicious, I had the Kunefe. It's with syrup and fresh cheese. You get two free entrees with the meal, yoghurt as well as a chili dish. I went there in July 2009. For chicken expect to pay about 8 to 10 Lira, with all condiments and salad. The service is also amazing.

Favorite Dish: Chicken brochettes and dessert kunefee.

• Cineralti Döner: Our favourite Döner

by uli.freq_traveller Written Jul 7, 2009

If you like to enjoy a real Döner food like the local people, try this one.
    Normally you will sit outside at the main shopping street, with a mix of local shoppers or employees of nearby offices, and have your lunch / snack / little diner at the streetside. They also have a small but very clean restaurant some 30 m around the corner, but the atmosphere (and the Döner taste) is best at the streetside.
    Quality is good and tasty, the staff very friendly, and prices are *very* modest (2 portions of 150 g Döner ( what is measured is the weight of the real meat, not that of salad, pide etc.) + soft drinks approx. 15 TLY, depending on what you orderd).
    A little caveat: This Döner has no license for alcohol, not even beer. But try the traditional "Ayran" (salty Turkish yoghurt drink) instead; it's healty, refreshing and very tasty and good with Döner food.
    We liked this place very much for it's tasty food and authentic atmosphere and really can recommend it.

Favorite Dish: Chicken (= Tavuk) Döner wrapped in Pide bread; you eat it from the hand. If you like, ask for additional garlic sauce (no extra price).
    They also have lamb and beef Döner, but chicken was our most favorite (you can see it grilled on the photo).

various: Antalya's most special flavors 2

by marsistanbul Updated Jul 3, 2009

Tourism,migration,new comers or neocolonialism have been delivered or captured of the city,most of the restaurant or cafes forgot of their traditional or province cuisines..They've all funny-flavorless touristy menus,sad thing that they're still presenting and serving as its as a Turkish cuisine!!! you think so:o)

There are very few local restaurants which are still perform and continue of our traditional province kitchen(Antalya) or Turkish cuisine.They're not well furnished,fancy or posh places,they're all "LOCAL ICONS".You never n ever disappintment..always keep their amazing tastes,reasonable price,friendly service,a naive atmosphere,simple tables,pictures or decorations,which gives you an identity and gusto..

Tandirci Hasan(tandouri),Pacaci Saban(lamb trotter soup),Donerci Hakki Baba(doner kebap),Piyazci Mustafa(bean salad with tahini),Zamora Borek(cheese or mince pie),Yasar Usta(ice cream or fluted deep fried fritters in thick syrup),Ozdoyum(sish kebap+pumkin dessert with tahini),Sisci Ramazan Usta(sish kebap) or Borekci Tevfik Usta,Kaleici simit firini(simit)..they're all my " Local Hero or Icons"..

I have more than these but will keep its to myself and my special guests:o)
    I don't want to give you of their addresses,pls ask to locals-real locals-they'll show you of their secret places,I know that sometimes they guide you wrong directions but never give up,because most of them on the narrow streets of the city,and enjoy your breakfast,lunch or dinner..I'm just humble,simple foodie..jajaja

opps..no need reservation,or fancy apparel,but warn u that they're not good for posh or emo girls/ boys:o)

WARNING:If u don't care my tips!! well go to hell,opps sorry I mean it..go to mc,***en donalds,kentucky ***en chicken or starbucks or eat cheap chicken or meat doner kebaps ,and just fill your digestive system,and super size yourself.. have fun :))))

Topcu Kebap: Antalya's most special flavor

by marsistanbul Written Jul 3, 2009

Established in !885,family owned restaurant, they are third generation.
    Not touristy place,I know them more than 19 years,always same delicious taste,friendly service,and price.
    I am a humble foodie:o) No doubt..Absolutely the best traditional sish kebap(grilled meats-lamb- on a skewer) in the city.
    It is serving with pitta bread,grilled tomato,green pepper,and onion..and while you're waiting please taste an other traditional dish..mouth watering..bean salad with tahini..and cacik(diced cucumber,garlic,and mint in yoghurt).an other holly trinity in Antalya:o)
    God bless you guys..

Favorite Dish: sure that 1 1/2 portion sish kebap+tahinli piyaz +cacik=WOW

chicken & fish..: Parlak Restaurant

by marsistanbul Written Jul 1, 2009

An other family owned well know restaurant and meeting point for locals..Grilled(wood coal) chicken is the best in the city..various type mezes,salads,and Turkish RAKI or wines..
    During the summer time,quite difficult to find a table for dinner..
    Friendly service,not expensive..

Favorite Dish: Grilled Chicken..

7 MEHMET: Ottoman cuisine&Mediterranean seafood

by marsistanbul Updated Jul 1, 2009

Well well well..an other "phenomenon" of the city..
    First,a family owned restaurant,2nd generation(Hakki Bey and his brother)
    My first visit was in 1991 and still continue..
    Second,yes,it's little bit expensive,but deserves all respect.
    Great samples of Antalya and Turkish cuisines,amazing city view,always friendly but kind service,always fresh supplies,capacious architecture(by Ozcan Kirmizioglu),and easy to reach..
    7 Mehmet is also one of the prestigious point of Antalya,you may see city governor or mayor,richest and posh peoples of the city..

Favorite Dish: first,absolutely tripe soup(patsas),I know that it's only common in Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Serbia and the Balkans,and had all sample s of each countries.but 7 Mehmet's the best in the world:o) amazing taste..pls don't tell me,it weird food,if yes ,you don't know world cuisine:o)
    second,avocado salad with mixed green salad,tomato,roka..
    third,tandoor kebap(lamb) with rice or chips..

• marsistanbul's Profile Photo

YESIL FICI TURSUCU RESTAURANT": Don't miss home cooking "kurufasulye"

by marsistanbul Updated Jul 1, 2009

It is a tiny local restaurant,not touristy but always friendly,sober-minded(important) service.
    Cheap,and delicious menu..
    Lentil soup,baked beans(kurufasulye),and rice..Holly Trinity:o)
    And grilled or stuffed&fried anchovies with mixed green salad..

Instant Answers: Antalya

Comments

Antalya Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Antalya restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antalya sightseeing.