Antalya Restaurants

by marsistanbul

Best Rated Restaurants in Antalya

• Cineralti Döner: Our favourite Döner

by uli.freq_traveller Written Jul 7, 2009

If you like to enjoy a real Döner food like the local people, try this one.
    Normally you will sit outside at the main shopping street, with a mix of local shoppers or employees of nearby offices, and have your lunch / snack / little diner at the streetside. They also have a small but very clean restaurant some 30 m around the corner, but the atmosphere (and the Döner taste) is best at the streetside.
    Quality is good and tasty, the staff very friendly, and prices are *very* modest (2 portions of 150 g Döner ( what is measured is the weight of the real meat, not that of salad, pide etc.) + soft drinks approx. 15 TLY, depending on what you orderd).
    A little caveat: This Döner has no license for alcohol, not even beer. But try the traditional "Ayran" (salty Turkish yoghurt drink) instead; it's healty, refreshing and very tasty and good with Döner food.
    We liked this place very much for it's tasty food and authentic atmosphere and really can recommend it.

Favorite Dish: Chicken (= Tavuk) Döner wrapped in Pide bread; you eat it from the hand. If you like, ask for additional garlic sauce (no extra price).
    They also have lamb and beef Döner, but chicken was our most favorite (you can see it grilled on the photo).

• travelnut71's Profile Photo

Lacivert: Best restaurant in Turkey, both price and quality.

by travelnut71 Written Jul 9, 2009

This restaurant was recommended by the tourist information representative. It is a restaurant that locals go to, the food is not as expensive as those places where they try to get you to go in, "Yes, Please" and the quality is better. Also, the prices are listed and there is no surprise. This is important in Turkey because most restaurants, big and small, chain and all have different prices for tourists. Don't ever pay more than 2 Lira for a tea, big bottle of water nor a Turkish coffee. Here you should try the chicken brochettes. They are chicken breast and very tasty. The dessert was delicious, I had the Kunefe. It's with syrup and fresh cheese. You get two free entrees with the meal, yoghurt as well as a chili dish. I went there in July 2009. For chicken expect to pay about 8 to 10 Lira, with all condiments and salad. The service is also amazing.

Favorite Dish: Chicken brochettes and dessert kunefee.

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Taraça: Nice place for eating

by Tuna_ank Updated Apr 4, 2011

We ate good things there. But I advice to see all that area. There are many nice restaurants, beaches, pubs, sport facilities, parking places in the same area.We also saw sand scalptures at september.

Favorite Dish: Mezes
    Lavas bread

• Kontes's Profile Photo

Apollonika: A Nice Place to Rest

by Kontes Written Jan 6, 2007

Apollonika

A peaceful place to sit by the sea, not so special with the food, but the best thing to do is to sit by the fireplace in winter, listenig to nice music.
    Also in here you can find a small model of the ancient city of Side.

• marsistanbul's Profile Photo

various: Antalya's most special flavors 2

by marsistanbul Updated Jul 3, 2009

Tourism,migration,new comers or neocolonialism have been delivered or captured of the city,most of the restaurant or cafes forgot of their traditional or province cuisines..They've all funny-flavorless touristy menus,sad thing that they're still presenting and serving as its as a Turkish cuisine!!! you think so:o)

There are very few local restaurants which are still perform and continue of our traditional province kitchen(Antalya) or Turkish cuisine.They're not well furnished,fancy or posh places,they're all "LOCAL ICONS".You never n ever disappintment..always keep their amazing tastes,reasonable price,friendly service,a naive atmosphere,simple tables,pictures or decorations,which gives you an identity and gusto..

Tandirci Hasan(tandouri),Pacaci Saban(lamb trotter soup),Donerci Hakki Baba(doner kebap),Piyazci Mustafa(bean salad with tahini),Zamora Borek(cheese or mince pie),Yasar Usta(ice cream or fluted deep fried fritters in thick syrup),Ozdoyum(sish kebap+pumkin dessert with tahini),Sisci Ramazan Usta(sish kebap) or Borekci Tevfik Usta,Kaleici simit firini(simit)..they're all my " Local Hero or Icons"..

I have more than these but will keep its to myself and my special guests:o)
    I don't want to give you of their addresses,pls ask to locals-real locals-they'll show you of their secret places,I know that sometimes they guide you wrong directions but never give up,because most of them on the narrow streets of the city,and enjoy your breakfast,lunch or dinner..I'm just humble,simple foodie..jajaja

opps..no need reservation,or fancy apparel,but warn u that they're not good for posh or emo girls/ boys:o)

WARNING:If u don't care my tips!! well go to hell,opps sorry I mean it..go to mc,***en donalds,kentucky ***en chicken or starbucks or eat cheap chicken or meat doner kebaps ,and just fill your digestive system,and super size yourself.. have fun :))))

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Ozman Donner: Kebabs

by Benson35 Written Mar 12, 2012

Seven of us decided to have lunch in a kebab house. The waiter spoke excellent English and was really good with the child in our group. He also had a good sense of humour.

I tried the chicken wrap. The chicken was slightly spiced which was just to my taste. There were chillies and hot sauce on the tables if you wanted more spice.
    I got a 'normal' sized wrap. It was huge!! I really struggled when I got halfway through!
    I enjoyed the wrap while I was eating it, but it did repeat on me for the rest of the day.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Workers place....: Communicate by hands and sounds.

by Martin_S. Written Mar 29, 2004

Dinner in Antalya, Turkey

Sorry but we do not have the name of this restaurant, but a person pointed it out to us as a "workers" place, where only workers went to eat. Just our kind of place. It was not fancy as you can see, but after we managed to communicate (by hands and sounds only as we know no Turkish and they did not know English) by going into the kitchen and we had half the workers there trying to help, we managed to get our meal.

Favorite Dish: The lamb dishes had to be the best, no matter what they were. We had kabob, shishlick, fresh salads, fresh bread, and to top it all off the portions were generous. Also there was always service on the spot, as you can see in the pic they were always there at your elbow if you wanted something, but were not pushy or intrusive.....

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Köy degirmeni: Excellent foods

by Tuna_ank Updated Apr 4, 2011

G��vec

There are 3 restaurants at 3 different places. At Metin Kasapoglu st, at White world and at Ismetpasa cad, 419.sok. I guess I saw central restaurant. All foods were great. After the meal you may drink tea around "falez" parc and look to wonderfull sea view.

Favorite Dish: Güvec

• sarah002's Profile Photo

*DEVELI restaurant, a classic...

by sarah002 Written Aug 26, 2002

*DEVELI restaurant, a classic restaurant of meat kebaps next to the beach, good service, good value. Major cards accepted.
    *7Mehmet (YediMehmet) restaurant, a legendary fish restaurant, great food in a modest ambience. Cards accepted.
    *Kral Sofrasi, located in the harbour very convenient, good food, most expensive restaurant of all these, good service in spite of a funny, weird owner!Cards accepted.
    *Alara Self Grill restauarant('KENDIN PISIR KENDIN YE'=self grill)6 miles from downtown, an open air restaurant where you can enjoy to bbq your own lamb and beef kebaps! Inexpensive,delicious food. No cards
    A little reminder; most of the shops and restaurants don't accept AMEX and Diners for shopping and dining so make sure you have your VISA or MC card!
    Main courses in these restaurants are between 3 to 10 US $, fish is the most expensive item in these Turkish restaurants (may go up to 20 US $)

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

Resto Dergah: Lovely setting

by chrisvandenbroucke Written Feb 9, 2004

Our girls, feeding the animals

Very good located in a quiet courtyard

They saw we were too hot and brought a fan

We had some clayplates mixed (? 2,50), salads (aubergine, greec...? 1,00) and brochettes (? 2)
    Beer (birra) was ? 1

We all had free tea afterwards
    Bill: 29,5 TL (? 17), a bit too much

• I highly recommend Restaurant...

by claan Written Sep 2, 2002

I highly recommend Restaurant Kirk Merdiven, a Turkish restaurant. They serve very good Turkish specialties for very little money.
    The atmosphere is very picturesque. You are eating on a courtyard with lemon trees growing over your head. The (adorable) straycats are sitting next to you on a brick wall while you're eating. The owner is a very kind and friendly man who tries to give you a good time.

Favorite Dish: My favourite menu overthere was the Shepard's Kebab, a menu for two persons which is served on a stove.

• emmandtom's Profile Photo

My favourite restaurant was...

by emmandtom Written Aug 26, 2002

My favourite restaurant was one of the kebab houses of the main street in the tourist part of the city. I am afraid i cannot remember its name or any more location info but there are plenty of them, all grouped together.

Favorite Dish: Doner kebab with yogurt and tomato sauce. Yum and very cheap!

• goodspkr's Profile Photo

We found three wonderful...

by goodspkr Written Aug 26, 2002

Jim eating at Cabanas

We found three wonderful restaurants. The first one is Cabanas. It's found by the Hiderlik Kuber (an old Roman tower thought to be a lighthouse). It has seating outside overlooking the tower and the bay and must have the most beautiful view in Antalya (and there are many beautiful views). The food is wonderful, but the wine wasn't all that good (it got better as I got half way through it).
    The view and the hospitality were memorable. We went back to eat there a second time and they greeted us like long lost friends.

Favorite Dish: Jackie had the shrimp and I had the grill chicken. Both were superb.

• goodspkr's Profile Photo

A second favorite restaurant...

by goodspkr Updated Aug 26, 2002

A second favorite restaurant was the restaurant at Hotel Alp Pasa.
    This restaurant has charm and you want to go there after dark. It has soft candlelight and soft electric lights which seem to warm the stone walls of the courtyard where you are eating.

Favorite Dish: I had the pepper steak and the chicken shish. Both were outstanding (great sauces and I don't like sauces).

• goodspkr's Profile Photo

The third restaurant that...

by goodspkr Written Aug 26, 2002

The third restaurant that should be given notice is the restaurant at the Marina Hotel. This one didn't have a view, but was the most elegant.
    The restaurant rates right up there with any elegant restaurant in the state. It's on an enclosed patio on a level below the pool. There is a glass wall into the pool so you can see swimmers if you care to. It also had live entertainment with two people. One played the piano and the other the cello.

Favorite Dish: I had a duck with a cherry sauce (delicious) and Jaclyn had a chicken curry. Both were exceptional.

Instant Answers: Antalya

Comments

Antalya Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Antalya restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antalya sightseeing.