Antalya Warnings and Dangers

• Warnings and Dangers
    by Benson35
  • Warnings and Dangers
    by Anya_D
  • photographing: YES! - - taking away: NO!!
    photographing: YES! - - taking away:...
    by Leipzig

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Antalya

• tudors pub, not for modern women

by guntherC Written Apr 9, 2013

My wife, my sister-in-law and I got thrown out of Tudors pub by 6 thugs because my sister-in-law's skirt was supposedly too short. (for the record it reached her knees) All the while there are prostitutes in the club with hotpants and signs saying "show your boobs" on the wall. The police stated that Kaleici (the old city center of Antalya) is to be avoided and modern women should choose to go out in Lara or Konyalti, outside the old city.

• Women's Travel
    • Music

• Watch out for Maki Tur!

by Bombka89 Written Sep 17, 2013

Watch out for this agency. We paid for a trip to Perge, Aspendos, Side and Kursunlu Waterfalls. Instead of taking us to this beautiful Nature Park they took us to lower Duden waterfall, which is in Antalya and we had already been there. I asked the guide why he didn't take us to Kursunlu Waterfall. He said that he changed his mind! Next day we went to the Maki Tur office, which is near the clock tower in Antalya, and the man who was working there was rude. He called the guide and claimed that the guide had asked everyone and no one protested against going to Duden instead of Kursunlu Waterfalls. Well, he obviously didn't ask us, he also didn't ask using the microphone so that we would hear it at the back of the bus. How convenient for them! The man also said that he doesn't believe us that we didn't hear... The talk was ridiculous! And he didn't even say sorry for wasting our time and money!

• Archeology
    • Museum Visits
    • Architecture

• Ottoman restaurant, Kaleici, is robbing you!

by carmenita Written Jul 20, 2014

Please please please watch out the cosy looking Ottoman restaurant in the heart of the Old town Antalya!!! Especially if you have just arrived to Turkey and don´t have any local money. PLEASE ask always the prices of the dishes before ordering!!!

We went there late in the evening, just after the flight, and asked for something to eat, "some little salad". We did not get any menú with the prices, but we were tired and hungry, so we decided to sit down, because the elderly servant told us that he would make us something and accept euros as well.

He brought us food, which really did not have any taste at all, but the hungry people eat, of course...

Later we understood that the correct value/price of our dish would have been
    about 10-15 lira, 3-5 euros. When we asked the price after the meal, the servant told us 32 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I could not believe in my ears, the man quickly corrected: 28 euros!!!!!!! (with some very unclear explanation of the "discount")

So, never EVER support that kind of cheater with your money (we are not rich, so 28 euros is a big loss for us, and a lot of bad feelings beside that)

• eddy456's Profile Photo

Keep handbags safe/keep on arm away from road

by eddy456 Written Feb 21, 2010

Women make sure to carry your handbag safely. When walking on sidewalks close to the roads, carry your handbag on the arm away from the road, there have been some cases where either a motorbike or car slows down to try and snatch them.

• Women's Travel

• Rent A Car Antalya

by StewieR Written Sep 12, 2010

Please be very careful if you book a car rental through RENT A CAR ANTALYA. I used this company and was required to leave a cash deposit of £200. When I returned the car the agent agreed that the car was in perfect condition but had 'forgotten' my deposit. What could I do when I had a plane to catch. He promised to send the money to me by Western Union.

1 month later I am still waiting for this money to be returned to me. I would advise you NEVER to use this company!

• Beaches

• Leipzig's Profile Photo

Drugs

by Leipzig Updated Jul 5, 2003

photographing: YES! - - taking away: NO!!

In touristy areas you might be offered to buy different kinds of drugs. Hands off!! Penalties for illegal drug possession in Turkey are severe. You will go to jail!

Instant Answers: Antalya

Comments

Antalya Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Antalya warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antalya sightseeing.