Cesme Travel Guide

BMW k75, Simona and the ferry to Chios
    by ludogatto
    that raki was potent! With my hosts
    by Alikatt
    late afternoon at Sheraton's Ilica beach
    by Alikatt

Cesme Things to Do

late afternoon at Sheraton's Ilica beach 3 more images

by Alikatt Updated May 4, 2006

Sheraton's beach for me is the best beach in Ilica. I went there in summer 2004 and 2005. There is a day fee of 20 Turkish lira in 2005 but it is well worth the price to be in the white sandy beach or the jetty which is a large segment of the waterfront and is exclusive to paying guests. Comfortable lounge chairs and parasols are provided along with towels. The service is good when you can find someone to flag down during the busy lunch hour. Drinks run about 12 to 15 YTL. I like their fruit service and there is a cart of boiled corn on the cob that comes through every afternoon. My favorite time is late in the afternoon just before sunset when people leave and it becomes nicer and quieter.

• Spa and Resort

• johnsakura's Profile Photo
    cesme turkey

by johnsakura Updated May 25, 2004

This is a picture near the city centre, where the tourists excursions boats are.

This part of the city is quite relaxed, during night you just have a few cats hanging and the tourist boats stop on the arbor. You have a couple of benches where you can seat and relax for a hwile comtemplating all the rest around you, the Aegean Sea, the boats and the cats...

• Cesme Hotels

0 Hotels in Cesme

Cesme Nightlife

Laila lai lai la lai...

by Alikatt Updated Sep 14, 2006

This was formerly Joy Club and in 2004 became Laila. Laila Cesme was practically empty when I went there to check it out. The place looks better this year than last year and clear plastic were added to shield one from the notoriously windy Alacati beach - after all, it is the windsurfing capital of Turkey.

I believe this summer, 2006 this is now Babylon. I am not sure since I didn't go to Cesme, unfortunately. Next year, I would like to go back, definitely.

Dress Code: caual attire is fine

• Windsurfing

by Alikatt Updated May 4, 2006

It 's on Aya Yorgi bay along with other night spots. Attracts a chic crowd, Istanbulites and hipsters, the yachting set... My friends first took me there in July 2003. It was super crowded then but in late July 2004, it was much more enjoyable. We actually had room to dance! At the entrance, one is greeted by big burly guys checking you out . As in any posh clubs in Turkey, they're the usual front door acessories if you like...Ok for ladies, be careful since your stilettos can get wobbly on the way down so hold on to your gorgeous dates, step down past the oasis like reflecting pool to go toward the main club area then to the jetty/water. I especially like the enclosed pond before arriving in the main bar/club deck. I like the different levels of seating/lounging. The folding deck chairs by the water is irresistible for watching the bay, chilling and for me esp. after my legs were tired from dancing. It's open until 4 a.m. I think.

I went back in July 2005 and it was again wonderful, relaxing during the day and wasn't as packed in the evening. The music was a mix of house, Latin house, Turkish pop and euro house. Crowd dressed more casually in the evening.

Dress Code: jeans are ok as long as they are paired with trendy summer tops. For men, jeans are fine too. Hip and chic is the order of the night..

• Windsurfing

by Alikatt Updated May 9, 2005

I liked the location most of all but since it was in the same beautiful Aya Yorgi bay as Sole Y Mare. It my first time there in July 2004 and for about 2 hours, all the DJ played was rock music. I'm not sure if they play rock music all the time...I hope not. It was definitely a Red Hot Chili Peppers kind of an evening when I was there. The place has many seatings which are comfy with pillows. There is also a restaurant by the sea which was closed by the time we got there. It was a apres party gig for us so it wasn't busy at all. I imagine that it gets crowded.

Dress Code: jeans definitely was fine that evening although I was not among those wearing them

• Sailing and Boating

Cesme Transportation

• ludogatto's Profile Photo

by ludogatto Written Feb 24, 2009

There no direct ferries from Cesme to Athens or mainland in Greece, there only a ferry that go to Chios island ( Greece) and from here you can take another ferry to Athens.
    This is one of the ferry company...the ferry is little and if you have a car is better to make a reservation in advance in hig season.

• ludogatto's Profile Photo

by ludogatto Written Feb 24, 2009

If you want to go in Italy by ferry from Cesme you have some possibility, there are direct ferry to Brindisi (Puglia region) and Ancona.
    Have a look to this web site to have more detailed info

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Cesme? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Cesme

Comments

Cesme Travel Guide
Map of Cesme