The Caretta Sea Turtles
The beach of Cirali / Olympos is a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta or also known as the Loggerhead sea turtles.
The DHKD, by means of brochures in English and Turkish, is warning both local residents and tourists against upsetting the turtles. The brochures, which remind their readers that protection measures are being undertaken because the Caretta Caretta sea turtle is an endangered species according to the Bern and Barcelona International Agreements to which Turkey is a party, recommended rules are listed for the turtles' breeding season, which runs from May to September as follows:
1. Don't drive motor vehicles on the beach.
2. Don't light fires on the beach.
3. Do not use torches on the beach at night.
4. Cover lights which can be seen from the beach.
5. Within one mile from beach, do not use speedboats at more than 5 miles per hour.
6. Do not throw plastic and rubbish on the beach.
7. Do not leave your belongings on the beach at night and do not set up beach umbrellas within 35 m. of the sea.
8. Do not dig in the sand within 35 m. of the sea.
9. Do not leave dogs to run loose on the beach.
10. Do not handle baby turtles.
- National/State Park
Plants are my passion. I try every strange fruit, I smell every flower I see for the first time. I think I'll have a problem because of this behaviour. :)
These two flowers are from Olympos:
If you need a barber shop
This barber is the neighbor of the only pharmacy in Cirali. It is in the back street of the town. I liked the picture on its wall. It was an old picture on the packages of an old shaving soap brand.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Great room rates