Olympos Restaurants

by June.b
    by Tuna_ank

Most Recent Restaurants in Olympos

• June.b's Profile Photo

Muzo's Restaurant: Delicious pancake, nice turkish lounges.

by June.b Written May 29, 2012

I was so dead-hungry after roaming around Olympos ruins for I think 5 hours, so coming back from the ruins before exiting the main gate where one also buy the entry ticket, there's this middle aged long-haired guy standing infront of a signboard that says "Gozleme" -- it's the turkish version of pancakes. So it's a restaurant.

I stopped as I felt like I can't walk further from hunger. So I sat on one of the elevated lounges with kilms on the wooden floor, couches and small table under a tree. I like the environment, very natural. there are also several chairs and tables lined on the garden and more on the upper part with huge tree and where the old lady cook.

I ordered a cheese pancake, just want to be safe with the choice, but they also have pancakes with chocolate and spinach. I watched the friendly long-haired guy doing the pancake, not on the usual pan but on a heated convexed steel , like an upside down wok. There are orange trees around and a family of roosters and his chicks parading around. A couple of hammocks.

The cheese pancake is delicious and I finished it with a can of fanta. i think I paid 5 Lira.

Nice environment, very friendly people, just sit there and relax after a long day in the ruins or the beach. It's located on the left side upon entering the main entrance of the ruins, highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: Gozleme (pancake).

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

?: Fresh juices

by ozalp Updated May 27, 2008

It's almost two years after our Olympos trip, and today suddenly I remembered this place. It was our first stop in Olympos. We jumped out the car and drank mixed, fresh fruit juices here. My friends had been told me about this place on the road. It was their custom to pick some fruits and drink the mixture in Olympos.

Funny thing, when we took off the car after 12 hours driving, we heard someone calling the name of a friend. It is unusual to come across someone in such an isolated place like Olympos.

Well, we came here at least 3-4 times. Believe me they prepare great juices and all is fresh. I cannot the name of the place but it is at the entrance of Cirali village. You can find easily because there is a counter full of pomegranates, oranges, grapefruits, bananas... in front of the place. Also they have some desks and a gazebo in their garden.

Favorite Dish: Banana, pomegranate and orange mix

Hayriye's: Gozleme: Turkish Pancake

by ozalp Updated May 27, 2008

Hayriye's Entrance

This restaurant is located near the beach. It is on the line when you are walking on the beach between Cirali and the ruins. It has a big garden with some tables. They cook Turkish pancake (gozleme) with cheese, vegetable, potatoes, meat, chocolate, molasses (pekmez in Turkish, a syrup from grapes) and sesame oil, etc. Also you can have cold vegetable plates with olive oil like green beans, aubergine, purslane and yogurt...
    They serve pickles with the meal and fruits after the meal without asking.
    Hayriye is a nice young lady with a big smile. I felt very comfortable when I was there.

Favorite Dish: Pancake with "tahin ve pekmez" (pekmez is a syrup from boiled fruits like mulberry or grape, and tahin is sesame oil) as desert. Green beans, black-eyed peas.

• revontulet's Profile Photo

Delicious fish under old trees by the water:)

by revontulet Written Jul 21, 2007

In Ulupinar village, where is very close to Olympos, you'll find many restaurants serving fish, esp. trout fish. It's really nice sitting by the pools, watching the fish and decide which one you'll have and moreover when outside temperature is around 45 C, you'll stay around 25 C because of the huge oak trees:))

Favorite Dish: Trout fish and as a dessert I recommend ice cream served inside melon:)

Ceylan: Local indeed

by ozalp Written Sep 28, 2006

Ceylan

Ceylan is managed by a local family. Husband and wife do the hard work and children (2 little girls) help them serving. Wife's origin is Cirali and her husband is from Kumluca, a very close town. So they are really local.
    They serve traditional meals (soups, aubergine with meat, green beans...) and Turkish pancakes. A nice place to eat.

Favorite Dish: Pancake with meat and cheese.

Oleander: Nice ambiance

by ozalp Written Sep 27, 2006

Oleander at night

We dined here for 3 evenings. First night I liked their lamb shish kebap but second night it wasn't good. Because the restaurant was very crowded that night. I tried a shish of a fish called "akya". It was delicious.
    They play nice music all night long and light a big fire in their garden in cold nights.

Favorite Dish: Akya the fish

Instant Answers: Olympos

Comments

Olympos Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Olympos restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Olympos sightseeing.