Kusadasi Shopping

by irishjon25

Best Rated Shopping in Kusadasi

ALL OVER KUSADASI: IM GIVING YOU THE EYE

TURKISH EYES

What to buy: This is one of thousands of gifts you can buy at Kusadasi, and it represents the famous Turkish eyes. These are glass beads which are ment to keep you safe at all times. You will find these sort of gifts all over Turkey in different shapes and forms and make great gifts to take home with you

• Aggeliki's Profile Photo

Shopping in the Grand Bazaar, Kusadasi

by Aggeliki Written Oct 11, 2003

interior of grand bazaar

Grand Bazaar is the biggest shopping center , situated near the Kusadasi Harbour. Every hour of the day it is very crowded. You can find a big variety of leather clothes, gold jewelry and many souvenirs in the shops which are located side by side. Bargaining is necessary!!

What to buy: leather clothes, jackets, you can win a very good price(!), gold jewelry, traditional turkish clothes as souvenir.

• Innovator's Profile Photo

The Grand Bazaar: The Grand Bazaar (5000 shops!)

by Innovator Updated Jun 26, 2004

It's general, but this is it :)
    You have to experience this yourself!

In 1461 Sultan Mehmet II built the first bazaar of wood. After several fires the bazaar was reconstructed in 1894. Today the dome building surrounded by a wall, occupies an area of 200,000 square meters. Approximately 5,000 shops are spread out in a giant labyrinth of small streets and passages, which are mostly arranged according to their trades : rugs, antiques, gold, silver, leather etc. It is also a place where you can find good bargains on these goods. For shopping it is a must stop.

Kusadasi offers one of the largest shopping bazaar in Turkey, with well over 1000 Jewelery, Leather, Carpet and Souvenier shops. Shops in Kusadasi are open 7 days a week from 9 in the morning till midnight ! Bargaining during shopping is a must and having a drink while bargaining is a tradition. Hand made Turkish Carpets, soft leather jackets and exquisite jewels are among the most seeked items by visitors. The main reason for such trend is the low price and high quality of these items. Almost all of the shops accept credit cards, travelers checks and any major currencies. Most products come with manufacturer's warranty and you may return them within a certain time period. Salesmen and saleswomen are very friendly and speak most of the major languages.

• Aggeliki's Profile Photo

Spices in the bazzar

by Aggeliki Written Sep 12, 2003

I always buy spices from Turkey, as i can find some rare ones, we dont have in Greece. Some of them are:
    Turkish Curry,they use this especially for chicken
    Black Cumin, they use on the top of bread before cook.
    Turkish Suffran, they use this in fish, rice and tea
    Sumac, they use this for salads
    You can find also some unusual mixed spices.

KUSADASI MARKET

FRUIT AND VEG

This section of the market which is at the bottom of the hill is crammed full of stalls selling beautifuly fresh fruit and veg with the biggest tomatoes i have ever seen, there more like red footballs than tomatoes hahahaha, try the peaches there so sweet and juicy, just like my wife hehehehe.

What to buy: The tomatoes and peaches are full of flavour.

ALL OF THEM: KUSADASI MARKET

OLIVES ANYONE

Kusadasi market is held on a friday and sells everything you can think of, And has got to be the biggest market i have ever seen. It starts at the bottom of a hill at the far end of Kusadasi town, and winds its way up hill passing fruit and veg, olives, cheeses, honey, live stock, spices, and loads, loads, more. This photo shows the staggering amount of olives on offer, they are quite happy for you to try the olives before you buy them.

YOU CAN BUY THESE ANYWHERE.: I CAN SEE YOU

EYE EYE EYE EYE.

Available anywhare in Turkey.

What to buy: These eyes are a long-standing tradition in Turkey, the idea is that when warn it protects against all evil the local name for these eyes are !BONCUK! and you can buy them in all shapes and sizes and they make beautifull gifts.

PERLMUTT LEATHER: HELLO DARLING,

GIVE ME A KISS

If you are after anything leather then this shop has it all. The owner is a bit of a dummy though hahahaha.

What to buy: I bought a leather jacket and the price started at £150 and i walked out with the jacket costing £60 so i think that was a bargain.

What to pay: Depends on what you buy, but a leather jacket will start from around £30 pounds.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

ORIENT BAZAAR/GRAND BAZAAR/STREET VENDORS: HOT BUYS IN KUSADASI

by travelgourmet Written Aug 25, 2004

TOO MUCH SHOPPING

Shop till you drop, might have been meant for Kusadasi. There is the Orient Bazaar, with the wild bargaining for rugs, the Grand Bazaar with the unmistakable scent of leather drawing you in to bargain for that jacket you spotted. The downtown streets are filled with vendors and the delicious candy that is the turkish delights.

What to buy: Anything Leather, jackets, purses, gloves, then there are the oriental rugs with very steep prices but they last lifetimes. Jewelery is very big and many jewelers line the street Barbaros.

What to pay: Bring your savings to buy, buy , buy after the haggling is over. You will be pleased with your purchases.

• tuff's Profile Photo

The Bazaar

by tuff Written Apr 22, 2008

The Bazaar in Kusadasi was fill with shops, but everybody pretty much sells the same thing. The stores have people standing in the middle of the pedestrian street and try to engage a conversation with you then bring you into their store, this happened in every single store, on both side of the street, and it made me feel very uncomfortable and I think it has an opposite effect because I refused to go inside these stores. If you do decide to buy anything, bargain is a must!

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

the bazaar: Put that bargaining skill to work!

by HotRodEtte Written Jun 16, 2005

Not far from the port of Kusadasi is their "grand bazaar." Plenty of jewelry, leather, pashmina and food/tea shops--you will surely have your pick. Just be sure to bargain with the merchants, and also know that they can be very pushy! Some even tried to trick us into coming into their store by having a good looking "decoy" sitting outside trying to talk to us. Once we were roped in the store owner would try to get us inside the shop--unfortunately for them I used to sell jewelry and do not need any more!!

What to buy: Silver, gold, apple tea, pashminas, hand bags and leather jackets, belly dancer outfits...those are the type of shops you will see the most of.

What to pay: Merchants will be happy if you buy from them, so use your bargaining skills to talk them down to a reasonable price that YOU want to spend!!!

• Ephesus Jewelry & Watches Kuyumculuk Aydin: Jewelry in Ephesus

by Princessdryer Written Jun 21, 2013

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING in this store. I paid $10,000 US for an emerald ring, - which they vowed was a Natural emerald - not a lab grown emerald. When I got home and took it to be appraised - the top "layer" was a lab grown thermal whatever emerald - and sandwiched with quartz....... Total RIP-OFF.

I have tried to reach them - no web site - the phone number my credit card has for them is incorrect... No way to reach them. It is in dispute with my credit card.... but -

NEVER AGAIN. I got ripped off here as well as Dimos Jewelry in Athens, Greece.

Have food and wine - and buy trinkets/souveniers from street vendors or little shops.

What to pay: WAY too much - rip-off.

KUSADASI MARKET

THE SPICE OF LIFE

Turkey is famous for its spices and this stall in the market sells them all as well as a huge variety of rice and pasta, and its all cheap, cheap, cheap, god i sound like a bird now hahahaha.

• DIAMOND KUYUMCU-YASEMIN UNER/diamond rain: beware of kusadasi jewelry store

by diamondrain Written Jan 29, 2012

September , 2011 when our cruise ship stopped in the port of Kusadasi, Turkey I wanted to purchase a men’s 14ct gold bracelet. My wife and I decided to go from jewelry store to store in order to see what men’s bracelets were available and to compare prices.

As we went from store, one bracelet followed me because they knew I liked it so much. I asked how can you sell me a bracelet from another store? Mehmet Ozipek & Taskin told me that all the stores were like family. It was as if we were buying his Uncle’s bracelet from him. I purchased the bracelet in the Kuyumcu-Yasemi Uner store from Mehmet Ozipek & Taskin
    The Merchant then brought out a 2.1ct diamond ring, which I purchased. Taskin also gave me Diamond Rain International Guarantee Certificate and if you had any problems with the Merchant you could go to the Kusadasi Chamber of Commerce (KUTO). The guaranty didn’t mean a thing and was useless. The Kusadasi Chamber of Commerce was no help.

When I returned home to the United States, I brought the ring to a jeweler to have it sized to fit my wife’s finger. The jeweler tested the ring on a diamond tester and told me it was not a diamond; but a Moissanite stone.

When I complained to the Merchant about the diamond not being genuine, he finally told me he would come to Chicago and exchange the stone. But, he never came. Mehmet Ozipek asked for GIA certification, which he should have had and given to me when I purchased the ring. The certification would cost me $500 because I would have to pay to ship and insure it because it is 900 miles away. Why did he insist that I provide him with a GIA certification when he didn’t provide one to me when I asked for it? Double standards!
    I mailed Mehmet Ozipek and the Kusadasi Chamber of Commerce Burhan SEZER a letter from a local jeweler stating that the stones were Moissanite because he tested the stones with diamond and Moissanite approved testers. I also brought the ring to other jewelers who tested the stones with their diamond and Moissanite testers and found the stones to be Moissanite and not genuine diamonds. It would cost me $200 to ship and insure the ring to return it to the merchant, Kuyumcu-Yasemi Uner, in Kusadasi Turkey. And, Mehmet Ozipek told me he would not pay the $2,000 for duty and taxes when he received the ring, which is the requirement of the company delivering the ring.

Also, in an e-mail the merchant told me if I returned the ring to him it would be stolen. So, I would be out $500 to get the GIA certification, $200 to ship and return the ring to Kusadasi, Turkey, and $2,000 for duty and taxes = $2,700, plus the $6,100 I paid for the ring.

Asking for all these requirements was Mehmet Ozipek’s and the Kusadasi Chamber of Commerce’s way of making it a very costly risk to return the ring – and not worth it.

Also, do not trust MasterCard or VISA because they are no help with purchases which are done out of your country. They are concerned more about the merchant than the consumer.

DIAMOND KUYUMCU-YASEMIN UNER
    DAG MAH. SIMSEK SOK. NO: 5
    09400 KUSADASI/TURKEY
    AYDIN
    TEL: +90 256 614 70 80
    MERCHANT NO: 0907439 Mehmet Ozipek ;
    TERMINAL NO: 00966328 DÝAMOND RAÝN

What to buy: all one big family

• Kusadasi Ephesus Jewellery: Jewellery in Kusadasi Turkey

by whyalla Written Sep 17, 2012

Jewellery Store

What to buy: I bought a 18ct ring in Kusadasi Ephesus Jewellery shop in October 2011 when our cruise ship visited the port for 700euros. Not long after the stones discoloured and I referred to the Certificate of Guarantee that was issued offering a 2 year warranty. The email address and website that were printed are not valid addresses and I have been unable to contact them. The guarantee is not worth the paper that it is written on.

Instant Answers: Kusadasi

• Mar 11, 2014 at 6:06 AM

I purchased a watch at Kusadasi Watches, the site is right now hijacked by the US district court in FL.
    Kasadasi Watches promised 1000times that any problems with the watch felt under warranty.
    A screw fell out the outer part of the watch, the promised several times to send me a new screw. They never did. Do not buy products from Kusadasi Watches !!

• Feb 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I purchased a watch from Watch Doctor in
    Kadushai last year.

I was given a warranty which entitled me to return the watch within 30 days if it was not functioning.

I emailed them as well as stopped the charge (reversed) - I sent the watch back and kept shipping receipts.

Watch Dr. Had the gall to lie to my CC Company (after emailing me that they received the return) that it was never returned.

The CC company is still perusing but the shop closed end November and will not reopen until march- April.

Do not purchase from WATCH DOCTOR - poor quality- horrible customer service - will not honor waranty.

• craigtrigueiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Write your comment...

Kusadasi Shopping

Reviews and photos of Kusadasi shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kusadasi sightseeing.