Hasankeyf Transportation

• Approaching Hasankeyf from the south, Dec 2012
    Approaching Hasankeyf from the south,...
    by MM212

• MM212's Profile Photo

Getting to Hasankeyf

by MM212 Updated Dec 21, 2013
    Approaching Hasankeyf from the south, Dec 2012

Hasankeyf is located in the Batman province of southeastern Turkey. The province is named after its capital city Batman (no relation to the superhero), which is located about 40 minutes by northwest and is the closest city with an airport (but nothing to see or do). Most visitors drive from Diyarbakir (2 hours), from Mardin (1:45 hours), or from Midyat (40 minutes), all of which have good road connections to Hasankeyf. We chose to make Midyat our base which allowed us to also explore the Tur Abdin region just south of Hasankeyf in a single day.

Transport from Istanbul to Hasankeyf

by June.b Written Mar 29, 2013

By air - the nearest airport to Hasankeyf is Batman airport. The dolmush (shared van) ride from Batman costs only TL3 and you'll be in Hasankeyf in an hour or less.

Turkish Airlines is flying to Batman airport from Istanbul’s Ataturk airport while Pegasus Airlines (flypgs.com) is flying out of Sabiha Gokcen airport.

Other option is flying to Mardin airport and travel around 2 hours to Hasankeyf.

Or Diyarbakir airport but longer travel around 3 hours to Hasankeyf.

• Photography

Transport from Diyarbakir to Istanbul

by June.b Written Mar 29, 2013

OnurAir is becoming my favorite domestic airline in Turkey as they’re almost always cheaper than any other budget airline, competing perhaps with Atlasjet who have limited destinations anyway. Both airlines beats the others in that both lands at the more popular Ataturk airport, not the far Sabiha Gokcen airport.

Service is good, refreshment is on sale - not free - but for the fare, I prefer it.

The airfare from Batman airport - the nearest airprot from Hasankeyf - to Istanbul was twice more expensive, so I decided to catch a flfight ot the next city's airport from Batman which is Diyarbakir.

Took me around 3 hours from Hasankeyf - 2 dolmush rides and a taxi to get there.

I bought the ticket (online) late already just a day before the flight so it cost more at TL142. It can cost half of it if bought a month in advance.

• Photography

Transport from Hasankeyf to Batman and Diyarbakir

Dolmush to Batman, fare is TL3

Right at the town center of Hasankeyf, at the foot of the bridge and right infront of Hasankeyf Motel, the dolmush going to Batman (the town, not the dark knight) is waiting.

The airfare from Batman to Istanbul was so expensive and I found a ticket flying from Diyarbakir (the next big town to Batman) to Istannul at half the price. So I decided to fly from Diyarbakir, taking the dolmush to Batman at TL3, ask the driver to drop you at the Otogar (he might have predicted that I’m off to otogar so he dropped me there).

From Batman bus station I took another dolmush (shared van) to Diyarbakir. People here ( or maybe at the bus station only) are kind of not very warm giving me jokes that irked me a bit.

Arriving Diyarbakir and since I’m almost late for my flight, I took a taxi from the taxi rank right before the entrance of the bus station in Diyarbakir, taxi fare TL10 to 15, I paid the latter, depends on your bargaining skills. The airport is about 10 minutes from the otogar by taxi.

Transport from Midyat to Hasankeyf

by June.b Written Mar 29, 2013

I took the dolmush (shared van) from Midyat right infront of Midyat Gap Hotel. It can also be taken from the old town otogar where it’s starting.

The reception staff at Midyat Gap Hotel where I stayed in Midyat called the driver to pass by the hotel to pick me up so I don’t have to walk to the otogar. It’s full already so I’ve to sit at a small stool though it took just a couple of minutes when some people got off the van and that gavr mr a comfortable seating.

There was a military checkpoint along the road and we all have to handover our IDs – for the locals - and passport for me, took only a couple of minutes, no hassle at all.

The trip from Midyat to Hasankeyf took almost an hour along beautiful plains and zigzaggy road. Fare was TL8.

Arriving at Hasankeyf, the place immediately got stuck in me --- amazing views, spectacular scenery.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Hasankeyf from Diyarbakir

by MalenaN Updated Dec 10, 2004

In Hasankeyf

As I stayed one day longer in Diyarbakir than planed I and Charlotte (chauncenetta) went together to Hasankeyf. There is no need to buy the tickets in advance. We went to the bus office near Harput Kapisi and waited for the next bus to Batman. To Batman it was 4 000 000 TL and it took about 1,5 hours. At the otogar (bus station) in Batman we had no time to look around as the bus to Hasankeyf was going to leave just when we arrived. The ticket between Batman and Hasankeyf was 1 500 000 TL. Arriving in Hasankeyf the bus passed over Tigris river and it was a beautiful sight!

Instant Answers: Hasankeyf

Comments

Hasankeyf Transportation

Reviews and photos of Hasankeyf transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hasankeyf sightseeing.