Assos Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Izmir to Assos

by MalenaN Updated Nov 29, 2004

The coast

Around Dokuz Eylül Meydani there are many bus company offices. I asked at a few before I was told Truva company had buses to Ayvacik (the Canakkale bus stops there). From the office there is a service bus to the otogar half an hour before departure. The bus ride to Ayvacik was 5 hours (it includes a lunch break).

In Ayvacik I waited 45 minutes for the next bus to Assos (Behramkale). In my guidebook it said it took 15 minutes from Ayvacik to Assos and as the bus arrives it passes a 14th century Ottoman bridge. So after 15 minutes I started to wonder were to get off the bus. We passed houses and a village, but it was not right. Finally we came to Kadirga by the sea and after that to the stone village (but not past the bridge). It took about 45 minutes. I heard later that only some buses take the shorter way.

Izmir to Ayvacik was 17 000 000 TL.
    Ayvacik to Assos was 3 500 000 TL (two days later it was
    2 000 000 TL the opposite way).

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Assos to Bursa

by MalenaN Updated Nov 27, 2004

Waiting for the bus

Before leaving Ayvacik for Behramkale/Assos I did not check what time buses for Bursa left. It could have been good as there is not much information about that in Behramkale.

By the harbour (Iskele) I found a ticket boot selling Truva bus tickets. They had a bus from Ayvacik too early in the morning and one too late in the afternoon. I decided I would take an early dolmush to Ayvacik to see if there were any other bus companies going to Bursa or a bigger city on the way. I had to wait about an hour before a bus to Balikesir came. In Balikesir I was immediately taken to a counter selling tickets. It seemed to be a big competition as three buses (different companies) were leaving at the same hour.

Arriving in Bursa the bus stops at the otogar many kilometres north of the city centre. There are no service buses, but just next to is the stop for the city buses. There seemed to be buses to all over Bursa. Bus number 38 is going to the city centre and Atatürk Caddesi.

Assos to Ayvacik was 2 000 000 TL.
    Ayvacik to Balikesir was 11 000 000 TL and took 3 hours.
    Balikesir to Bursa was 6 000 000 TL and took 2,5 hours.
    The city bus in Bursa was 550 000 TL.

Instant Answers: Assos

Comments

Assos Transportation

Reviews and photos of Assos transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Assos sightseeing.