Getting Around Canakkale Ili

Most Viewed Transportation in Canakkale Ili

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Flight from Çanakkale to Istanbul

by Avieira67 Updated Apr 4, 2011

After long time closed, the airport of Çanakkale has reopened its doors.
    Atlasjet is now flying between Çanakkale and Istanbul 6 days a week. The flight takes 45 minutes.
    Hassle Free Travel is the general sales agent of Atlasjet in Canakkale.

Travelling by bus to Canakkale

by balhannah Updated Jul 10, 2009

If you are like me and like to take photos, then when you book your Bus ticket, the best side to sit on for views is behind the driver. Most of the way from Istanbul to Canakkale, on this side of the Bus, you get nice views of the Coastline and the Towns.

Bus from Istanbul to Canakkale

by balhannah Updated Jul 9, 2009

I booked my Bus ticket to Canakkale through a Travel Agent. By doing this, a Shuttle bus picked me up from the agency and took me to the main Istanbul Bus Terminal (Otogar) This was great, as my Hotel in Sultanahmet was a long way away from the Otogar. The Driver arranged my ticket & seat number, and all I had to do was wait. My luggage was loaded onto the Bus, I was given a receipt number for this. I had asked for a window seat which is what I was given. The buses are extremely well looked after, very clean. Drivers are professional & safe. There is also a Steward that came around with Tea or Coffee and cake. As well, we were offered water throughout the journey. A lunch stop of 20mins was given.
    The journey took about 6 hours. (310 kms)
    Buses depart hourly.
    Bus company that I used was TRUVA.
    COST 30 t/l.......(May 2009)

Shuttle service

by balhannah Written Jul 9, 2009

In Canakkale the "Truva" booking office is right next to the Ferry Terminal. I booked my next journey which was onto Izmir from here, a journey of 6 hours, cost 33 t/l..... (May 2009) As the Bus departs from the Otogar which is quite a way from this area, I was told to arrive at the booking office at a certain time, and a FREE SHUTTLE would take me there. As far as I know, this is only available for services to Istanbul & Izmir. Friends were going elsewhere, and were told they had to find there own way to the Otogar.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

From Troy to Canakkale

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Jun 5, 2009

We came to Çanakkale province by bus on our ring-way around Turkey from Izmir Province while coming back to Istanbul. Çanakkale province has a European and an Asian part. The European part is formed by the Gallipoli peninsula, while the Asian part is largely coterminous with the historic region of Troad in Anatolia. They are separated by the Dardanelles strait, connecting the Sea of Marmara and the Aegean Sea.

We reached Çanakkale by our excursion bus from Troy on our way along E87 (about 30 km). We crossed the Dardanelles from Çanakkale to Eceabat (about 6 km) and reached Europe from Asia.

You can watch my 2 min 55 sec HD Video Canakkale Dardanelles HD out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Asia – Bosver Hayat Kisa.

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Bus from Çanakkale to Troia

by Avieira67 Updated Mar 12, 2007

Çanakkale - Troia: 30 km
    Minubus (dolmus) takes about 30 minutes and costs 3.5 YTL.
    Timetabe: 07:00 - 17:00, at least every hour.
    Dolmus station: Same avenue where is located the bus station (Otogar), under a bridge.

Canakkale Ili Hotels

Cakalini Hotels
Bozcaada Hotels
23 Reviews - 57 Photos

Instant Answers: Canakkale Ili

Comments

Canakkale Ili Transportation

Reviews and photos of Canakkale Ili transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Canakkale Ili sightseeing.
Map of Canakkale Ili