Pamukkale Local Customs

• Bathers try to find the fountain of youth
    Bathers try to find the fountain of...
    Photographing the photographer
    by mtncorg
    Shoes off in the terrace baths

Most Recent Local Customs in Pamukkale

• mtncorg's Profile Photo

WATERS OF PAMUKKALE

by mtncorg Written May 29, 2012

Bathers try to find the fountain of youth

The pools are not unlike those one finds at Mammoth Springs in Yellowstone National Park in the USA, but here, there is a long history of people walking amongst the pools. Until recently even roads went up through the terraces. You can still walk along one section of the terraces with bare feet and sit in a few of the terrace pools. The waters were the original attraction to the area and remain so for many today. Many must have been rejuvenated, but many for many the waters must not have been enough to avoid an endpoint by looking at the size of the necropolis!

• Spa and Resort
    • Archeology

Tezcan Onyx Workshop

Denizli area - Onyx Workshop

We were brought by our guide to an Onyx workshop with an excursion which was very interesting.
    Business Type : Wholesaler
    Main Products : onyx
    Number of Employees : 50-100
    Annual Revenue (USD) : 100,000 - 1,000,000
    Target Market : India

You can watch my 2 min 43 sec Video clip Pamukkale Onyx Workshop with Emre Altus – Gel Gel – Turkish pop music.

Dawn over Hierapolis

Dawn over Hierapolis

As always I collect scenes of sunrises and sunsets wherever I happen to watch these nature miracles. Every sunrise and sunset is unique and I've never been tired watching them in reality and virtually on my videos.
    Here in Pamukkale I was happy to see a dawn over ancient Hierapolis.

You can watch my 1 min 46 sec Video clip Pamukkale Dawn over Hierapolis with Xenia Akeynikova – Dawn over Moscow music.

Sunrise in Pamukkale

Sunrise in Pamukkale

Here in Pamukkale I was happy to see a wonderful sunrise over travertine and Cotton Castle.

You can watch my 1 min 15 sec Video clip Pamukkale Sunrise with Xenia Akeynikova – Dawn over Moscow music.

Sunset near Pamukkale

Sunset near Pamukkale

Here in Pamukkale I was happy to see a wonderful sunset in a frame of roses.

You can watch my 1 min 26 sec Video clip Pamukkale Sunset with Xenia Akeynikova – Dawn over Moscow music.

Friendly Turkish dogs

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Dec 20, 2008

You can imagine how I was missing my dogs staying in Moscow! So every dog I saw in Turkey reminded me my German shepherds which were waiting for me in Moscow. This dog at the Kaklik cave seemed to be extremely friendly though he had an injured leg (pics 1-3). I saw another dog in Hierapolis (pic 4-5).

I know two Turkish breeds.
    The Sivas Kangal Dog is a breed of domestic dog (Canis lupus familiaris), and is the national breed of Turkey. This dog, which can grow as large as 64 kg, was originally used as a Livestock guardian dog.
    Have a look here Kangal Dog.
    The Anatolian Shepherd Dog is a breed of dog from Anatolia and bred for guarding flocks of sheep from wolves, bears, jackals, and even cheetahs.
    Have a look there Anatolian Shepherd .

• voyageur2's Profile Photo

Karahayit and Local Cuisine

by voyageur2 Updated Feb 29, 2004

Hierapolis Theatre

Local cuisine is great. We had a lunch break while traveling to Pamukkale in a beautiful village named Karahayit. Meals were very delicious especialy for vegetarians...
    Do not forget to see Red travertines too...

• Adventure Travel
    • Archeology

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo

if you need a veterinary!

by cbeaujean Written Nov 17, 2004
    impossible to miss!

an incredible house,met,on the right side coming from pamukkale,nearly at the end of the road,before arriving on main road to denizli!

Instant Answers: Pamukkale

Comments

Pamukkale Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Pamukkale local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pamukkale sightseeing.