Fethiye Sports & Outdoors

• Fethiye's Profile Photo

Canyoning

by Fethiye Written Mar 10, 2003

Canyoning

An unforgetable experience and an extreme adventure: Abseiling (climbing down through a waterfall with secure ropes and wet suits) for up to 60 meters!

We start in Faralya Village after a 20 minutes bus ride from Ölüdeniz. At 320 meters above sea level, we pick the most suitable abseiling point among 4 choices, according to the condition of the waterfall.

Depending on the season, you may be accompanied by thousands of rare butterflies. Once we reach the canyon, we walk to the beach of the Butterfly Valley and enjoy a swim.

After a short break, we return to Ölüdeniz by boat. For this adventure, we expect you to be somewhat athletic, but foreknowledge is not required.

From 14 years on!!!

Equipment: ·Highworth rope
    ·Carabins
    ·Harness
    ·Figure-eight ·Wet suit
    ·Helmet
    All material is in conformity with IAGA norms

• Adventure Travel

• kevin36's Profile Photo

by kevin36 Updated Jul 16, 2010

Tandem Paragliding

Firstly let me explain: I do not like heights.
    But I still did it and really do think it has helped my fear of heights,its not for everyone.
    Questions? I had loads so Ill tell you the basics.
    Do you have to run?: about 6steps if your lucky,they hold you in place until the para-glider sail is up and ready then they tell you to step forward,you then sit in the harness.(its all checked before take that your secure)
    If you go with the right people they are professional pilots and will ask you If you don't like anything im doing please say..
    Some will tell you you are insured! ask to see the Insurance,we went with Sky Sports Olu Deniz who explained everything before hand and make you fell comfortable no pressure.
    They are so confident you do not pay anything until you return.
    Cost was approx £100 each BUT included 110photos and 20mins of video all Inclusive transport Insurance everything.
    Others will sound cheaper until you start adding photos ,videos,entrance fee to Babadag,transport,Insurance etc.
    Most people will tell you the scariest thing is the trip up is in the Land-rover,things have improved SOME of the road is actually road and not track.
    But I am not going to lie depending where you take off will depend on the wind and direction,we took off at the very top 6.600ft is high and it scared me,but there was no way I was going back down in the land-Rover.
    Its a once in a lifetime experience and the views are out of this world.
    Is it Noisy,remarkably quiet,like being on a scooter but very smooth.
    I videoed the whole experience and with the photos and videos from the pilot have captured something unique.
    I will put it on for everyone to see eventually.
    Thanks Mike(Sky Sports) and Onur &Can our Pilots for a good experience.
    Would I do it again? : Naahhh, but then I said that last time so who knows!.
    I just had to do it ,I know I would have been regretting it thinking I should have done it.
    It was finding the right people to go with and I was very happy with Sky Sports Olu Deniz.
    If you go to Sky Sports in the Morning about 10am you can watch them on the telly Live at the takeoff point and see for yourself. The Video

Equipment: All you need is: - A pair of trainers or boots - Camera or Video-camera - Bottle of Water - Comfy Clothing (They provide flying suits)

• Hang Gliding

Instant Answers: Fethiye

Comments

Fethiye Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Fethiye sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fethiye sightseeing.