Hisaronu Travel Guide

Don't Jump! It can't be that bad!
    by blint
    Sunday storm!
    by blint
    I must remember to remove the lens cap
    by barkingcreek

Hisaronu Things to Do

• suemac's Profile Photo

by suemac Updated Apr 4, 2011

Get a birds eye view of your holiday location. You've seen the ariel views on the postcard so why not do the real thing.

We used the company Fly South who have a 100% safety record and use the South African Aquilla trike with a reliable Rotax engine.

A 25 minute flight, pick up and return to your hotel plus full insurance is included in the price of 55 pounds .

Recorded on DVD, we flew over Hisaronu, Olu Deniz, the Blue Lagoon, Lykia, Butterfly Valley and then did a swoop over our hotel, The Green Aanotolia, waving to the sun bathers!

You can speak to your pilot via intercom and can take pictures with your camera.

I would recommend anyone to do it.

Will post a photo asap.

• Adventure Travel

• by blint Updated Mar 28, 2008

There is so much to see and do in this region of Turkey. I went with people who preferred a beach holiday so I didn't get to see all the wonderful historic sights that the area has to offer. I feel I missed out though I can't complain as I was only 16 at the time and I went with my friend and her parents;I was very lucky to have the opportunity! I hope to go back to Turkey some day.

Whatever you do: Make sure you get out there and see everything!!!! Don't get stuck to your beach towel!

• Archeology
    • Beaches

• Hisaronu Hotels

0 Hotels in Hisaronu

Hisaronu Restaurants

• by trisahin Written Sep 20, 2011

Only been opened this year with proprietor, Billy Sahin, (he opened this with money stolen from me) he says he is engaged to an english woman, when he married me. He is good at convincing people that he is trustworthy. On my last visit the food was only just edible, he passes fish like sea bass(cheaper) as Sea bream, he is hospitable but is only there for your money

Favorite Dish: the garlic mushroom starters were ok, plenty of garlic,

• Seniors

• by blobbly Written Aug 11, 2006

This is a fairly new restraurant with a fresh apeel to havin a meal when u have kids of all ages ,,as well as couples they have a small play area for toddlers and a playstation for the older kids ...the local food is great and they do an amazing Maryland chicken which wakes up the taste buds ..The staff are first class and entertaining nice simple music you can see the chefs cookin in the kitchen so you know its clean and so are the toliets....

Favorite Dish: Maryland chicken its just amazing on the tASTE BUDS ....

• School Holidays

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Hisaronu? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Hisaronu Nightlife

• raquelsathler's Profile Photo
    Time out

by raquelsathler Written Apr 22, 2005

There is a club/karaoke place where you can go and have a great time!!! Hisoronu has a few clubs that go until 6 -7 am, it’s not Ibiza but if you with friend it will be a fun place to be at!!! Time Out is in the centre of Hisaronu and is aimed mainly at the tourists even thou the local young people also attend this club. It’s not a big place but the music it’s great.

Dress Code: As you like

Hisaronu Warnings and Dangers

• MrsEnrique's Profile Photo

by MrsEnrique Written Jun 21, 2010

I have to admit, I have done the tandem paragliding experience - I just had to! However, the rules on insurance have changed since I did it, and you won't be covered if you injure yourself anymore.

When I did my jump, one of the professionals had an accident so it is not risk free!

The ride to the top of the mountain is probably even more dangerous than jumping off the top too as its single track with traffic trying to go both ways and a scary drop each side!

• suemac's Profile Photo

by suemac Updated Sep 24, 2004

The paragliders floating down from the 6500ft mountain top make it look a great experience but unforunatately a number of people do get killed each year.

2 people were killed while we were on holiday which brings this years total in Olu Deniz to 11.

The problem appears to be in the training , some are not trained properly to get them selves out of difficult situations.

One person I spoke to who did it said his paraglider took ten minutes to check out all of his equipment but others were just jumping without proper checks.

So if you have to do it make sure your paraglider has had good training and checks the equipment before you jump.

Microlighing is much safer, I did it and can recommend it.

• Adventure Travel

Have you been to Hisaronu? Write about Hisaronu to help travelers.

Hisaronu Tourist Traps

• Private beach

by blint Updated Mar 28, 2008

The once small Village I stayed in called Hisarönü near Ölüdeniz has turned into a bit of a tourist trap and is now more of a resort town. Backpackers may not enjoy it. Another downside could be that it is full of 'Brits abroad' and Germans!

The photo you can see was taken at a private beach on a lagoon in ölüdeniz. The main beach is absolutely packed in summer.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed that holiday as I was 16, though now, I'd prefer to do something more cultural in such an amazing country.

Unique Suggestions: Don't stay in the town for your whole holiday. There are many interesting things to see around it. Even if you have to travel 5 to 8 hours it's worth it to see what Turkey really has to offer! For example, tombs in the mountains, and Pamukkale which is a strange mineral formation.

Fun Alternatives: Go somewhere else. Though not Ankara or places like that because these places have become 18 to 30 tourist traps. Though if you like those kinds of things......

Instant Answers: Hisaronu

Comments

Map of Hisaronu