Isparta Travel Guide

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo

by Arkeolog Written May 14, 2005

WINTER SPORTS

ISPARTA - Davraz

The Davraz Ski Centre is in the Western Mediterranean, 26km from the centre of Isparta.

Davraz moutains, with an altitude of 2637m), is part of the range between Egirdir and Kovada Lakes, which surround the Isparta Valley in the area known as the Lake District. The ski centre has a terrestrial climate and the season runs between December and April. The snow is between 0.5 – 2m deep, and the mountain has a bare appearance with little vegetation and enabling different winter sports.

Facilities: The ski lodge has a capacity of 50 beds, and has a large restaurant. Other hotels in the centre of Isparta or the Egirdir area are also convenient. The chair-lift starts at an altitude of 1674m and ascends to 1961m, and the ski runs are 4km long.

DAVRAZ

Isparta Restaurants

• sinequanon's Profile Photo

by sinequanon Written Dec 17, 2005

This is a pide salonu that we all went for lunch on our round of the city center. It must have been one of the best, the pide there was exceptionally tasty. Unfortunately, I did not take the address but it is right next to the city center

Favorite Dish: This restaurant only served these pies called pide which are very similar to pizzas but with ingredients like mince meat. Mine was cheese and it was delicious.

at the Pide Salonu

Isparta Warnings and Dangers

• typhoidmary's Profile Photo

by typhoidmary Written Jan 12, 2008

I would rather travel by train than by bus, so when I had to return to Istanbul from Isparta I went on the Pamukkale Ekspresi. My previous experience with the Istanbul - Ankara train was great, so I bought my ticket without hesitation. The couchettes were fairly comfortable & I settled in. What ensued was a journey that is funny now, but was fairly miserable at the time.

First off, the car was extremely overheated and there is an old wives tale in Turkey that a draft (like from an open window) causes illness. So whenever anyone opened a window, one of the other passengers would shut it. I'd say it was a good 80 F (about 26 C) and stuffy, which bothered me more than the heat. The Turks seem to be rather impervious to temperature, so while we were being stifled, the other passengers would maybe take their coats off. To prolong the torture, we stopped in every village and siding, mostly to pick up new train cars. Every time we picked up a new car, we'd slam back and forth hard enough that you were bounced off your seat. When we arrived in Istanbul our little 2 car train had extended to 20ish. It was a very painful 18 hours & my lesson is, unless you are traveling the Istanbul-Ankara-Konya route, take the bus

• Trains

Instant Answers: Isparta

Comments

Isparta Travel Guide
Map of Isparta