Sultan Pub, Istanbul

3.5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

Divan Yolu Cad. 2, Sultanahmet, +90 (0)2125115638

• Sultan Pub
    by onlinerep
  • They do food quite late if you get the munchies!
    They do food quite late if you get the...
    by Lyndra
  • Sultan Pub
    by onlinerep
  • Sultan Pub: bad dining

by zuxponsity Written Sep 28, 2012

food was cold, service slow. When asked about the restaurant by the manager on departing we told him the truth. he became aggressive and threatening and started shouting in front of dining guests. avoid this place

• supune's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub: Tourist friendly w/some Traditional Turkish dishes

by supune Written Dec 26, 2007

I would describe this place as a mix between diner, cafe, and restaurant. In addition to

We ate dinner here on our first night in Istanbul. The staff was friendly and, in March, we were seated very quickly. There was a nice mix of tourists and locals dining here. The waiters we met all spoke english well. Our main waiter was very helpful in offering advice on what to see. The roof access was closed that night. The cafe was located walking distance from Hotel Spina, where we stayed. It was close to the plaza in front of the Blue Mosque.

Favorite Dish: You could find hamburgers on the menu if you wanted. I had a very good traditional turkish dish of egg plant and lamb. I loved the apple tea here. It was my first time trying it.

Apple tea at Sultan Pub lamb and eggplant dish at Sultan Pub was good

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub: Lovely Kebaps!

by Firestar24 Written Oct 7, 2007

On our first night in Istanbul we walked up towards The Blue Mosque. We were lucky that it's bright lights lured us past the restaurants and bars next door to our hotel because we were so tired that we probably would have eaten and gone straight to bed. However, we traipsed the quiet streets round until we got to the Hippodrome where there was a huge carnival and everyone was celebrating breaking their daily Ramazan fast. The whole area was absolutely packed and vendors were calling out selling soft and sticky sweets on sticks, popcorn, candy floss, kebabs and thick turkish ice cream. It was fantastic, but so overwhelming for a first night. I hate to sound wimpy, but we were a bit relieved when we saw the quiet Sultans Pub. We sat outside and, because I felt ashamed of going for the pub rather than the local party, we ordred the most local dishes on the menu!

Favorite Dish: I ordered the yoghurt kebap from this restaurant and I have to say, it was probably the best I had while I was in Turkey. I also tried Raki for the first and last time! I decided it was far too stong for me - even when I stopped diluting the raki with water and instead started to dilute the water with raki! We decided to buy a bottle of wine instead which was very expensive but very nice.

• H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub: Pub With A Great Location, A Little Expensive

by H-TownJourneyman Updated Feb 16, 2007

After walking around the city all day, we stopped into this pub in Sultanahmet for a couple of beers. Its location was pretty much what drew us here, in view of Ayasofya & the Blue Mosque. Nice looking place, nothing exceptional, but it was great just to get out of the cold weather, so for that moment, it was a great place for us! There were quite a few tourists and buisnesspeople having drinks inside, but it seemed like a slow evening for this place. They apparently have an outside patio upstairs, as well as in front of the pub, but again, way too cold for us to try that! We stayed for about an hour and enjoyed our beers while we talked. It seemed like a decent, quiet joint. The Efes pints were a little more expensive than what we were used to, but I guess you are paying the "Sultanahmet" price here. All and all, a pleasant little place to grab a few pints, but a bit on the expensive side as Istanbul pubs go. But recommended if you are in the neighborhood.

Sultan Pub

Instant Answers: Istanbul

Comments

Hotels Near Sultan Pub
4.5 out of 5 stars