Sultan Pub, Istanbul

4 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

• Sultan Pub
    by onlinerep
  • They do food quite late if you get the munchies!
    They do food quite late if you get the...
    by Lyndra
  • Sultan Pub
    by onlinerep
  • Sultan Pub: bad dining

by zuxponsity Written Sep 28, 2012

food was cold, service slow. When asked about the restaurant by the manager on departing we told him the truth. he became aggressive and threatening and started shouting in front of dining guests. avoid this place

• supune's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub: Tourist friendly w/some Traditional Turkish dishes

by supune Written Dec 26, 2007

Apple tea at Sultan Pub

I would describe this place as a mix between diner, cafe, and restaurant. In addition to

We ate dinner here on our first night in Istanbul. The staff was friendly and, in March, we were seated very quickly. There was a nice mix of tourists and locals dining here. The waiters we met all spoke english well. Our main waiter was very helpful in offering advice on what to see. The roof access was closed that night. The cafe was located walking distance from Hotel Spina, where we stayed. It was close to the plaza in front of the Blue Mosque.

Favorite Dish: You could find hamburgers on the menu if you wanted. I had a very good traditional turkish dish of egg plant and lamb. I loved the apple tea here. It was my first time trying it.

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub: Lovely Kebaps!

by Firestar24 Written Oct 7, 2007

On our first night in Istanbul we walked up towards The Blue Mosque. We were lucky that it's bright lights lured us past the restaurants and bars next door to our hotel because we were so tired that we probably would have eaten and gone straight to bed. However, we traipsed the quiet streets round until we got to the Hippodrome where there was a huge carnival and everyone was celebrating breaking their daily Ramazan fast. The whole area was absolutely packed and vendors were calling out selling soft and sticky sweets on sticks, popcorn, candy floss, kebabs and thick turkish ice cream. It was fantastic, but so overwhelming for a first night. I hate to sound wimpy, but we were a bit relieved when we saw the quiet Sultans Pub. We sat outside and, because I felt ashamed of going for the pub rather than the local party, we ordred the most local dishes on the menu!

Favorite Dish: I ordered the yoghurt kebap from this restaurant and I have to say, it was probably the best I had while I was in Turkey. I also tried Raki for the first and last time! I decided it was far too stong for me - even when I stopped diluting the raki with water and instead started to dilute the water with raki! We decided to buy a bottle of wine instead which was very expensive but very nice.

• H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub: Pub With A Great Location, A Little Expensive

by H-TownJourneyman Updated Feb 16, 2007

Sultan Pub

After walking around the city all day, we stopped into this pub in Sultanahmet for a couple of beers. Its location was pretty much what drew us here, in view of Ayasofya & the Blue Mosque. Nice looking place, nothing exceptional, but it was great just to get out of the cold weather, so for that moment, it was a great place for us! There were quite a few tourists and buisnesspeople having drinks inside, but it seemed like a slow evening for this place. They apparently have an outside patio upstairs, as well as in front of the pub, but again, way too cold for us to try that! We stayed for about an hour and enjoyed our beers while we talked. It seemed like a decent, quiet joint. The Efes pints were a little more expensive than what we were used to, but I guess you are paying the "Sultanahmet" price here. All and all, a pleasant little place to grab a few pints, but a bit on the expensive side as Istanbul pubs go. But recommended if you are in the neighborhood.

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub in Sultanahmet: A nice Filter coffee in a nice restaurant..

by Erkmen Updated Jul 11, 2003

garden in winter..

Sultan pub is in the center of Sultanahmet.. you shall not pass without seeing the pub.. it is a nice cafe and restaurant and serving for more than 25 years..

The restaurant has various courses and specialized in Ottoman and Turkish kitchen.. There is a terrace in fronf of the restaurant and in summer it is nice to stay there and spent some time..

However the Sultan pub for me is special for its nice filter coffees.. They have also a nice Turkish coffee but to find filter cafee is not easy in Sultanahmet and Sultan pub has a very good one..

Favorite Dish: Filter coffee :) but you can also enjoy the food...

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo

Sultan Pub: the good life

by TomorrowsAngel Written Jul 10, 2003

friendly owner

We popped in for a wee afternoon snack and bevvie on our first day, then went there for lunch on our last day.
    They offer outdoor and indoor dining - we sat inside the first time, and outside the second. They have a variety of Arabic food, and Middle Eastern cuisine. There is a yummy-looking array of desserts displayed.

Favorite Dish: We had burgers and Efes beer which were less than $10 combined.
    They serve bottled water, which is added to your bill. Like the rest of Turkey, the local beer is heaps cheaper than any other alcohol.
    This is a great place both for the food and the service.

Instant Answers: Istanbul

Comments

Hotels Near Sultan Pub
4.5 out of 5 stars