Selcuk Local Customs

• solopes's Profile Photo

Shoe blacks

by solopes Updated May 16, 2012

Sel��uk - Turkey

I must confess my surprise by the image of shoe blacks in Turkey.

This occupation, fading in the west, gets in Turkey an interesting look, by the decoration of their working boxes.

Too big to a comfortable transportation, they are, however, a true piece of art.

We all were using slippers - bad to business...

• Camel Wrestling

by denizkizi Updated Apr 4, 2011

While the Spanish have bullfights, the Turks have camel wrestling!! It is famous in the Aegean region. You can only watch it on January or February.

Men mostly go there to drink raki while watching it hehe....

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Mohammed and fashion-show

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Feb 3, 2009

Our guide Mohammed in fashion-show

I want to tell a few words about our guide Mohammed here. First of all we were surprised with his perfect Russian! Sometimes when I didn’t see him and only listened to his talking I thought he was almost Russian with very slight Caucasian accent…

The second – he knew the subject of this tour “By paths of Ancient Civilizations” rather well and we were very grateful to him for his professionalism.

The third – he was very artistic and felt at ease at every moment with us: during excursions, at the restaurant in dancing and in the Populer Leather Market as a fashion-show man!
    May be he will see these my pages one day and I want to tell him thanks and wish all the best in his difficult but very interesting work!

• guell's Profile Photo

Saturday Market

by guell Updated Nov 21, 2003

outdoor market in Selcuk

Every Saturday, the town fills up with merchants selling everything from antiques to teapots to figs and apples. This is when the locals come out of their homes to shop and mingle. Try to be there!

Instant Answers: Selcuk

Comments

Selcuk Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Selcuk local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Selcuk sightseeing.