Selcuk Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Selcuk

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

café next to Kuba mosque: café next to Kuba mosque

by mindcrime Written Jun 13, 2015

Just opposite the otogar (bus station) is a small park that houses Kuba mosque. The area next to the mosque is full of tables and chairs where locals drink their tea.

We went there while we had 90’ to kill before we get on the bus to Pamukkale. We had a nescafe, an ice tea and a normal Turkish tea, the bill for all of them was 5TL (less than 2e in 2014)

We didnt eat anything as we prefered to eat some of peanuts and dry fruits we bought earlier from the super market

• solopes's Profile Photo

Socialist Party: Political meal

by solopes Updated Dec 31, 2013

Now, let me tell you a story:

In my first visit to Turkey arriving to Kusadasi by boat from Samos, we were asked to pay a price for a guided visit, and dragged to a line of buses, without any details about where to go except the visit to Ephesus, and who was leading us.

The visit was well planned, the time as used as possible, and by lunchtime we were taken to a confuse and ugly place in Selcuk where we ate... something, that was described as a mix of four local dishes, that didn't make justice to Turkey's food.
    The visit continued and we were dropped in the harbour just in time to enter the boat back to Greece.
    Looking at the picture took at the "restaurant"'s entrance, I read "Social Democratic Party".
    What a strange tour operator...

Selcuk - Turkey

• Tdiver's Profile Photo

Le Jardin: Friendly

by Tdiver Updated Apr 4, 2011

We were there out of season but got a good welcome,warm and friendly.Wooden build made it feel warmer.We had soups, grilled kebabs, rice and pasta all good.With a few warming drinks we enjoyed it.Check their web site for more.

Le Jardin cafe restaurant,Siirince.
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Malecka's Profile Photo

General info on restaurants

by Malecka Updated Dec 21, 2010

AH, FOOD IN TURKEY... I should put it as “what is your fondest memory” of Turkey in every single tip.
    Look... There are too many stories going around about how: “the european (read west-european) stomachs cannot handle the Turkish food. It is major BS if you ask me. All the places, and I mean ALL, that we visited and sat down to have a meal at were absolutely great. I love their salads, as I was told (since I am a vegetarian) their meat (meatballs, the shish-kebab which is made with lamb meat, the chikcen kebab, the beef) was great, the bread that they serve is tasty... so please, do not freak out and by all means AVOID any of the famous fast-food chains if you happen to see one.
    Two people can have a pretty decent meal for 15 turkish lira, which is 10 euros, drinks included if they drink ayran. If one wants a beer, then the price goes slightly up. Let’s say that between 15 and 20 turkish lira you really can enjoy a great meal, in most Selchuk restaurants.
    A slightly cheaper version is if you eat PIDE or turkish variation of a pizza. I LOVED the vegetarian one. I loved it.

LOOK AT THE PHOTO - Doesn't my facial expression tell you everything?

Maria eating

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Fisherman: Traditional music thrown in

by Willettsworld Written Mar 7, 2010

This is a very nice restaurant in the town centre where I actually had a pizza and not seafood which features mostly on the menu. There were a couple of guys playing and singing inside at a table beside mine whilst I ate which added to the atmosphere but I don't think this happens every night. Good food and entertainment thrown in for good measure.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Namet Kofte & Pizza Cafe: Fast food

by Willettsworld Written Mar 7, 2010

This is a fast food place in the town centre where I sat outside for lunch and had a good Doner kebab sandwich. They have a menu that consists of the useful fast food dishes such as burgers, pizza, kebabs etc. Very well priced as well.

• June.b's Profile Photo

Ice cream parlor in Selcuk: Local Ice Cream - dandurma

by June.b Written Oct 12, 2009

What's with ice cream and tourists? or what's a tour without an ice cream, i'd say an icecreamless tour!

My palate is craving for sumthin sweet and i passed by this huge picture of ice cream in the morning so i went out looking for it before we left Selcuk in the afternoon. I found it near the municipality/belediye building beside a painting and frames store and some furniture shops. The ice cream parlour is owned by a nice old man.

2 tables and chairs outside, so we ordered 3 cups and sat outside while waiting for our bus. TL5 a cup and really tastes good, kinda chewy like most turkish ice creams, though the hard bits - maybe cacao or its cover in the ice cream annoys me.

Favorite Dish: dandurma

• Photography

• June.b's Profile Photo

Kofte restaurant in lienz cad i think: Kofte and kebab

by June.b Written Oct 12, 2009

There's a kofte restaurant very near to the mosque along a very quaint street, chairs and tables along the clean street with shades in the mid of the town. I did not remember the name (juz as anyone else) but ehy serve good lamb kebab and sliced beef. Price is very reasonable around TL10 for a meal including soda. We ate there twice.

• Photography

• balhannah's Profile Photo

AYASULUK RESTAURANT: Excellent food, Excellent price!

by balhannah Written Jul 15, 2009

This Restaurant is located in the Mall in Selcuk. You can eat indoors or outside. I chose outside. The Menu had plenty of choice, I particulary liked it, because I was missing my Steak, and Steak was on the Menu. The meal was nice, it was steak, and it was Tender! Cost was 8t/l and a cup of coffee, 3t/l, for a very nice meal.
    Returned again, and this time had a Mixed Grill, once again very nice, all meat tender, and cost 9t/l.
    This was the most popular restaurant in the street, and there were many. I noticed that quite a few were locals, always a good sign.
    I was going to have lunch there one day, and it was closed, so I guess it is only open for evening meals.

Selcuk Mall

Ege nin Sofrasi: 2002 Award Winner

by nicolaitan Updated Nov 14, 2008

This local Sirince restaurant offers good quality for a modest price in a friendly environment. Nothing fancy here. Relatively deserted on a chilly October evening, there were two tables occupied, one by an English couple and the other by local trade.
    A display near the kitchen offers a selection of small plates with mostly vegetables of which we sampled a few, tasty and perhaps a bit oily. For entrees, we went with kebabs and found ourselves with huge plates of adequate relatively bland meat and chicken kebabs with an assortment of vegetables. A typical fresh salad with great tomatoes (as usual) was included. Beer (Efes) is available. Portion sizes are large and we ended up with a lot more food than we needed.
    Ege nin Sofrasi offers a good choice for reasonable priced dining, with a terrace overlooking the main street available for warm weather dining.

Artemis: Classiest Restaurant in Sirince

by nicolaitan Updated Nov 13, 2008

Generally recognized as the superior Sirince dining experience, Artemis Restaurant occupies a 200 year old schoolhouse overlooking the village and the neighboring hills and valleys. Entrance is through a park like setting with fountain marred only by the obligatory wine store and souvenir center, one flanking on each side. In season, dining can be on a terrace or in the park in front of the building. The first floor contains several large dining areas for groups and is decorated in traditional style. The main dining room is in the basement, called the Cellar Hall, and again with traditional decor set with widely spaced tables and booths.

Nice restaurant, nice meal - service and ambience are as good as it gets in Sirince. Service was modestly professional. Beer, wine, and raki are of course available, the wines including local reds and whites as well as a wide assortment of local produced fruit wines ranging from raspberry and apricot to sour cherry, strawberry, and mulberry. The bread basket is excellent, flat bread baked with spices and olive oil, served with the appetizers. The menu is wide-ranging with soups including eggplant, salads, filled flatbreads, and entrees including casseroles and kebabs. We had salads with entrees of kebabs and meatballs ( it is easy to become very fond of the spicy Turkish meatballs - kafte ) served with vegetables.

Favorite Dish: Interestingly, on a chilly evening in October, the only other occupied table included the only American living permanently in Sirince, married to a local woman, with their family.

Main Entrance Garden Dining with Fountain

Delta Hali: Lunch with the Rugs

by nicolaitan Written Nov 12, 2008

Before or after checking out the Turkish rugs and their manufacture, consider lunch in the restaurant behind the main building, complete with fruit trees, grass, and a gazebo.

A limited menu features grilled meats and offers a full meal comprised of a (very ) spicy yogurt soup, a terrific fresh salad with plenty of the tasty tomatoes we came to love in Turkey, and a large entree with several meat selections on skewers including beef, chicken, lamb. Also on offer - large spicy meatballs, all served with vegetables. Beer, wine, and raki are available, all at a reasonable price.

Favorite Dish: kofte - spicy meatballs are a Turkish staple, very good here.

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Nearby city of Sirince: Go to Sirince!!!

by Snipernurse Written Jun 6, 2008

The food in Selcuk is nothing to sneeze at, it is delicious in it's own right. But I can not stress enough how awesome the city of Sirince is. It is very quiant with narrow cobblestone roads, lots of little shops and a lot of AMAZING food and wine. Really doing yourself a diservice if you don't go!! The city is featured for it's fruit wines (cherry, plum, apricot) and so on. Although an all out drinking and dining experience may not be your cheapest meal, it will be memorable. I still have my wine bottle carrier I used to take home my bottle of Cherry Wine I bought in the area! Purely delicious! A great bottle of wine from this area is about 15$
    You'll have to take a taxi there, unless your able to hike the 9km back to Selcuk without staggering into the roads after too much wine!

• Wine Tasting

• Artemis restaurant wine house: Artemis is the most delicious one in sirince

by simetrahan Written May 7, 2008

The restaurant uses the old greek school in the village of Sirince-7 km. from the town of Selcuk. It is the most famous restaurant in sirince.It seem expensive,but really not.The service is also fantastic.food are too delicious.It's the best restaurant in sirince.

Favorite Dish: I would advise local vegetables with olive oil.(from sirince's olive oil)
    fruit wines are perfect.
    pancakes and baklava are also delicious.

• Mountain Climbing

• Malecka's Profile Photo

never getting enough of this food

by Malecka Written Aug 29, 2005

The square next to the train station where we used to drink tea and ayran at is full of tea houses and also there is a nice restaurant in one of the corners. We ate there as well. Needless to say, the food was extra tasty.

Ali eating

Instant Answers: Selcuk

Comments

Selcuk Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Selcuk restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Selcuk sightseeing.