Konya Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Konya

• June.b's Profile Photo

Carsi: Spices, clothes, toys, decors

by June.b Written Jul 14, 2011

The area around the Aziziye Mosque is loaded with shops, stores and bazaars selling all kinds of stuff from clothes, toys, house decors, and just beside the sardivan of the mosque are lines of shops selling exotic spices.

What to buy: Spices, etc..

• Photography

• chauncenetta's Profile Photo

Ketenciler Turistik Esya: you are very only

by chauncenetta Updated May 3, 2003

Every time I walked past this shop the man would invite me in for tea. Since in Konya it's rather problematic for a woman to enter a restaurant alone I would take him up on his offer. His name was Mehmet Ali Ketenci, he was quite gentle and sweet. He spoke no English. I spoke no Turkish. We would drink tea not speaking and smile at each other. His shop is jam packed with Moslem rosaries and various Sufi plaques & paraphanelia. I purchased several prayer beads and some beautiful mounted metallic plagues in copper featuring dervishes. His prices are very fair & he is a real gentleman. While in the shop one day a Turkish soldier came in and joined us for tea. He was amazed that I was traveling by myself. He told me in English, which I asked him to write down, "You are very only". It was a poetic moment.

What to buy: beautiful framed wall plaques of Sufi Derivishes with inscriptions in Arabic.

What to pay: twenty to thirty dollars for more stuff than you
    can carry. Say hello to Mehmet for me.

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

Hairnets in the Bazar

by chrisvandenbroucke Written Feb 9, 2004

Everywhere in the bazar

What to buy: Hairnets

The girls wear it there, so our girls had to have it too - crazy, they are

What to pay: less than 1 $

Instant Answers: Konya

Comments

Konya Shopping

Reviews and photos of Konya shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Konya sightseeing.