Akbuk Travel Guide

Sunset in December from my house
    by rachel_sun
    Unspoilt and Quiet and full of nature
  • Local Fishermen do daytrips on their boats and fis
    Local Fishermen do daytrips on their...

Akbuk Things to Do

by rachel_sun Updated Jan 29, 2007

I felt safe in Akbuk and can imagine living here in the future. Having a few hols here will tell me if it will be right for me. Akbuk, an up and coming place which will hopefully keep it's charm. I will add more info each time I return here.

Went here over Xmas time. It was quite cold. But I still enjoyed it. Akbuk was very very quiet during this time of year. We sorted our house out some more. Akbuk has had more things open since my last visit, petrol station, another internet cafe, hairdressers etc. I have heard there is a golf course about to be built. Things do look up and coming. A couple of new bars are now open all year. I have heard an English guy is building a new bar that will also be open all year. Bloke who was running Jokers Bar. I have also read that Altinkum( 20 mins away) is having a large harbour being built .

Feeling relaxed in Akbuk. Sunset in December from my house
    • Sailing and Boating

by rachel_sun Written Apr 13, 2006

Akbuk will get busier in summer as people visit it as it is so beautiful. There are a few hotels here to stay in or you can rent a villa. Derby Hotel, Caprice Hotel. If you are going to visit Akbuk, try visiting before it does get the summer rush. April time is a good time as the weather is warming up, but it is still peaceful. I believe there are watersports in the summertime . Some shops and taxi people will except payment in Sterling and you may get a small discount paying in Sterling. In Turkey, you basically haggle for everything, apart from food and drink. I found people very friendly and helpful. Especially on the public buses. Willing to give seats up and willing to give directions and advice. Some people will try and get money from you and you have to be aware and know what things should cost. Taxi drivers etc may try it on, so know how much you should be paying roughly. All in all I had a great time and the only negative thing was the hastle we got at Kusadasi, shop owners and restuarant people wanting us to go into their place, it was quite hard to walk up a street there without being jumped on. But Akbuk we did not get this once, which I liked.

Sea view from our house.
    • Hiking and Walking

by rachel_sun Written Apr 13, 2006

I fell in love with Akbuk straight away. After looking at several properties we found one on a really nice complex. The complex was set well back from roads and had wonderful mountains all around with pine trees. The complex has been built in a really nice way. Really wide roads and houses are nicely spread out. There are lot's of green areas with trees and plants. The complex is well kept and has a nice pool area and a shop and restuarant that opens summertime. The houses have also been designed well and mine has seaviews from lounge, garden, terrace, balconies and roof terrace. You can sit on your sofa and see the sea. These houses also have good size gardens. My house needs a tidy up, but I am looking forward to putting my stamp on it. It is ok for now, holidays etc. Most house on the complex have good seaviews. I cannot wait to go back and see it all in the summertime, pool open etc. The location is quiet and peaceful and the complex really nice, I can imagine living here in the future. Time will tell.

Great View from my house
    • Sailing and Boating

Akbuk Restaurants

• by Paul_Benedek Updated Nov 5, 2006

The Garden Restaurant offers the best local cuisine, with a varied menu of traditional Turkish dishes. It is as yet unspoilt by tourism and so only offers authentic cuisine.

The owner, Ramazan Bey makes his guests feel welcome and takes special pride in his menu and his customer service. The food is cooked in traditional wood fired ovens or on a wood fired barbecue, thus giving a unique flavour to the food.

The restaurant overlooks the sea and is less than 100 metres from the beach. on any day or night the view of the sea is impressive.

Favorite Dish: There are a variety of Meze to start your meal. The goats cheese and walnuts are good and when they are in season, Samphire, Broccoli and the Aubegine are all worth trying. Each course of the meal is served with a freshly made bread called Lavash which is prepared in the restaurants ovens throughout the day and is served hot with unsalted butter.

The main dishes vary from Chicken Kebab to Lamb or Beef. Try them with a seasonal salad with local olive oil and a pomegranate sauce dressing.

For desert try Kunefe, a sort of desert made with honey, cheese and wheat. This is best served with traditional Turkish coffee.

The wine list is relatively small, but the are a few good sociable wines on the menu. Try Villa Doluca Antique or Yakut. Nice red wines with character.

Instant Answers: Akbuk

Comments

Akbuk Travel Guide
Map of Akbuk