Bitez Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Bitez

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Prepare to be Hassled

by Ekaterinburg Updated May 17, 2009

There is absolutely no way you won't be hassled by people standing outside restaurants and shops so better prepare for it in advance. I had read about this on lots of VT pages but took it with a grain of salt. However, the first evening we spent in Bitez, I came back to the apartment thinking I'd made a terrible mistake in coming here. The whole way along the beachfront promenade we were continually harassed by people attempting to get us to eat in their restaurants. This was so annoying and persistent I was actually dreading going down there again and took to either walking by the edge of the water or along the backstreets behind the beach.

I think the reason it's so bad in Bitez is that it's small and after even 24 hours there people recognise you and double their efforts to get you in conversation. Perhaps later in the season it's not so bad when there are more people about but in the first weeks everyone is desperate for business and far too intrusive.

I'm not sure about the best way to handle this as it goes against the grain to walk away from or ignore someone who's speaking to you but you do eventually have to be assertive and keep on walking.

• iaint's Profile Photo

Bodrum Airport - rip off!

by iaint Updated Aug 15, 2008

I made the mistake of buying something at the North Shield Pub (domestic terminal departure lounge) last weekend (Aug 08). To be precise - 1 mineral water, 1 can of iced tea and 1 large (50cl) Efes beer.

I should have known better, as I've been ripped off before at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul.

However, the car had a blow out on the highway to the airport, so the trauma of that and changing the tyre in 35c heat beside a busy road inhabited by lunatic local drivers left me in dire need of a beer.

Anyway, the damage came to a mindblowing 25.25 ytl (just over £11; say €13)!

I laughed at the barmaid when she told me. She blushed and apologised.

• Business Travel

YOUR QUITE SAFE HERE

by whitecliff62 Updated Aug 9, 2006
    POLICE

Turkey has one of the lowest crime rates in the world so that makes it one of the safest countries to visit, but there is also a strong police presents always on hand should you ever need them

GET YOUR MONEY OUT AGAIN

ICE CREAM BOAT

One drawback againsd visiting Turkey is the people sure know how to get your hands in your pockets. There are so many people trying to make a living, and selling things that you just can't get away from them, so when we went on a boat trip miles from anywhere we thought we was safe, but OH NO, how wrong we was hehehehehehe, up popped the ice cream man on a boat hahahahahaha

• Sailing and Boating

THE MOSQUE IS VERY CLOSE

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 8, 2006

Bitez is a very small seaside village and most of the accommadation is on or near the beach and that goes for the mosque as well. Any of you who have been to Turkey before will know that they prey a lot and they are called to prey through a loud speeker system attached to the mosque, but this is a bit much early in the morning after you have had a belly full of Turkish beer the night before hahahahaha (Oh my head) hahahaha.

VERY HOT SAND

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 8, 2006

Please take a pair of beach shoes with you to the beach. We went to Bitez on one of the hotest years on record and once i ran across the sand and it was so hot it made my feet blister hahahahaha, not funny at the time.

Instant Answers: Bitez

Comments

Bitez Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Bitez warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bitez sightseeing.