Turkish Baths, Bodrum

• Lyndra's Profile Photo

Turkish Baths - Bodrum Style

by Lyndra Written Jun 25, 2007

The Bodrum Hamami is one of the oldest and most traditional Turkish baths left in Turkey. There are separate sections for men and women and you will be massaged by a Hamam of the same gender as you. They are open from 6am til Midnight and cater for local and tourist alike. The whole experience can last up to 1.5 hours depending on the level of attention you require or ask for. The experience can be as physically exhaustinbg or as relaxing as you want too. The hamam's speak good English and the price range is very reasonable starting at approximately £7 for a basic treatment.

• singimorning's Profile Photo

Turkish Baths

by singimorning Written Jul 15, 2006

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the turkish bath saloon in which we spent the day however I must say that if you go to turkey , this is a must-do activity.
    On the other hand, bodrum didn't impress me that much...lots of fake stuff...legal!!! and nothing else... however look for differents opinions as I was there for just one day

• bebechica's Profile Photo

turkish bath

by bebechica Updated Nov 26, 2005

This was heaven! we had a turkish bath and really enjoyed it. you think your skin is clean enough untill you get scrubed down! the amount of dead skin that comes off you is amazing.Then you get the foam stuff! which felt so soft and luxurious on your skin. We also had an oil massage which was very relaxing.Before i came a lot of people told me not to have a turkish bath as it was seedy and you get groped! but im glad i didnt listen as it was not like that at all

• Spa and Resort

by carrots1969 Updated Mar 7, 2005

Having never experienced a turkish bath, myself and three friends decided to take the plunge!! Once changed in to our swimming costumes we were placed in a mable room,...four "frightened" women awaiting their fate!!!...I wont tell you what happened next as it may spoil you`re experience when you try it, .... all I will say is that we are still talking about it 6 months later! and still laughing as much as we did on the day!!!

the beach in front of the Turihan Hotel
    • Beaches

• SweetLakeB's Profile Photo

Turkish Baths

by SweetLakeB Written Mar 23, 2004

This is so much fun and really relaxing. I went to a Turkish bath in 2001 and my friend and I were surprised at how rough the "massages" looked but as soon as we were on that table it was totally relaxing. The Turkish bath we went to had made a little bit of a show of it by having big Sumo-wrestler like men to do the massages to "scare" women. We had such a laugh.

Instant Answers: Bodrum