Dalyan Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Dalyan

• Birsen's Profile Photo

Mosquito Bites!

by Birsen Written Nov 12, 2011

Dalyan is by the river. It's inevitable to escape from the mosquitos unless you come prepared. Bring repellent for the room and for your skin as well. They bited me mostly while I was dining outside. The bites are pretty itchy and if you scratch them it's painful...

• National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

• royalempress's Profile Photo

Snakes and Turtles

by royalempress Updated Feb 4, 2008

We really enjoyed sitting outside next to the pool. We spent many an afternoon at the cabana by the river enjoying fresh pizza fresh out of the fire heated oven. There were a few tables right next to the rivers edge. One day while we ate lunch I noticed the river had a lot of turtles swimming in the reeds up the river. I thought this was really cool so I told my wife to watch them. A few minutes later I also noticed that there were many snakes swiming up river also... Wow!!! Of course, I didn't tell my wife. I also moved my chair farther away from the bank... Not sure what kind of snakes they were but I really didn't want to know.

• royalempress's Profile Photo

Clouds of ???

by royalempress Written Jun 6, 2006

In the evenings a truck pulling some kind of tank would visit the neighborhood. It was kind of spooky as huge clouds of ? (DDT?) would spray out from this tank. We were happy about this as it really kept the mosquitoes down to a tolerable limit.

• Spa and Resort
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Archeology

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

DO NOT's at Iztuzu beach

by Erkmen Updated Sep 17, 2003

Iztuzu beach is under protection for the sea turtles to lay their eggs..

So in order to let sea turtles to lay their eggs and let them produce in safe environment. you are not allowed to do the followings at the beach...

* From May 1to Oct 31, entrance to the beach after 20:00 is not allowed..
    * Do not dig the sand
    *Do not place sunbeds and/or sunbrellas..
    *Do not ride a motor vehicle on the sands..
    * Do not sail around the preserved area.. Watch for the signs..

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo

THE THINKER

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 7, 2006

OH MY BRAIN HURTS

I said this place was awsome, hahahahahaha. To much turkish beer and you to will look like me hahahahaha.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Dalyan

Comments

Dalyan Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Dalyan warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dalyan sightseeing.