Datca Restaurants

• Restaurant  is located across the other side.
    Restaurant is located across the other...
    by balhannah

Most Recent Restaurants in Datca

• balhannah's Profile Photo

TUNA RESTAURANT: Beside the Harbour

by balhannah Written Jul 26, 2009

Restaurant  is located across the other side.

I found this lovely little Restaurant beside the small cove in Datca. You could choose to eat either indoors or outside, I chose to eat my meal under the Mulberry Tree. The young waiter was kind enough to collect some White Mulberries for me to try! Sweet to taste.
    I chose Fish for my meal, (Bream) it was Fresh and on display, cooked ( grilled ) to perfection. Very nice, and the reasonable price was 10 t/l.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

All over Datca: A Good chance to try Turkish Cuisine

by suvanki Updated Jan 13, 2008

Datca has an abundance of eateries!
    Lokantas (tavernas), Restaurants, bars, Ice cream parlours, tea houses, Patisseries etc.

So take your pick!

The market offers opportunities for grazing, as the stall holders (especially the dried fruit, lokkum (turkish delight) and nut sellers will offer you free samples.

Favorite Dish: My favourite Turkish dish isn't always advertised, but if you ask, it will be made up..No Problem!

Mennemen, basically it's scrambled eggs/omelette with tomatoes/stock and chillis. There are many variations to this dish, depending on region and family recipe, it's now one of my comfort foods!! Mop it up with bread, either pitta, crusty white or whatever you fancy! Cheap, tasty and filling!!

Turkish Ice Cream..Dondurma..A variety of flavours..A Must Try!! A different texture to Uk/ European, and some unusual flavours, I liked the cinnamon!

• Study Abroad

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Gabaklar: In Kizil Buk (red bay)

by traveloturc Written Sep 26, 2007

gabaklar restaurant view

Gabaklar bungolws and restaurant is situated in the place called Kýzýlbuk ( red bay)
    the food was acceptable but very expensive comparing this kind of open air restaurants in the area

Favorite Dish: octopusses in owen

Olgun: Pide and Pension

by traveloturc Written Jul 14, 2007

The owner of this little restaurant/ pizzeria is Senol ..
    He loves very much what he is doing and I think that he is somehow better
    in Pide ( turkish pizza) comparing his Istanbul competitors
    Everthing he serves (domatoes,peppermint,purslane etc is from his garden )

Favorite Dish: kiymali pide

Kumluk Cafe: Peaceful cafe

kumluk cafe

Kumluk Cafe is a cafe near the sea shore in Datca its situated on the beach of Datca and youu can enjoy your tea or cafe looking the deep blue sea of mediterranea as well you can enjoy your breakfast in the mornings

Yakamengen: An Old Olive oil plant

yakamengen

Yakamengen is a small restaurant run by IT managers from Istanbul.They decide to convert an old olive oil plant to a restaurant and they are quite successful in it.
    You can enjoy your meal in the garden.The food is based on mediterranean taste.All vegetables are daily

Resat: for Gourmets

a sweet called

Resat is the name of the owner .Father German Mother Turkish with his 130 kilos he already proves that he is a good cook.Dont askfor any menu try to explain your mood and forget about the rest.He will arrange your menu and you will be amazed because nothing is ready in this restaurant everything starts to be prepared according to your wishes .Dont miss it ..something to remember

Favorite Dish: There is no favourite dish you name it you got it ...

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Fresh fish, beverage and Tanju Okan

by ozalp Updated Sep 15, 2006

There is a beach in front of some pensions and cafes. It starts from Ogretmenevi, a special hotel for teachers. It is just inside Datca center and yet it is sandy and beautiful. Since the sea is not so deep, children like to play here in the morning. Also there are some canoes to hire.

But this is not the reason that I'm telling you about there. The main specialty of this beach is that it turns to an open air restaurant at night. (A kind of Dr. Jeckyl - Mr. Hide type beach) Little fish restaurants near the beach put some tables on the sand and serve menus of fresh fish, salads, French fries and beer. You can change the beer with raki of course. We ate here (there are many restaurants but I cannot remember which one was ours) several nights. The waiters were extremely helpful. But unfortunately you have to ask for olive oil. (May be I am wrong but I believe that salads must be served with olive oil, especially in Agean and Mediterranean regions).

Tanju Okan was a legendary Turkish singer and also a legendary drinker. I like his song "Oyle Sarhos Olsam ki" very much. In the restaurant I mentioned above, they played all nights one of his albums. His songs make you drink. You can easily understand it if you read the lyric of my favorite song:

"Oyle sarhos olsam ki
    Bir daha ayilmasam
    Tum bunlar ruya olsa
    Unutarak uyansam"

"I wish I could be so drunk,
    So I would never sober up.
    All these would be a dream
    And I would wake up by forgetting them"

"Seni gordugum gunu
    Sevdigimi unutsam
    Bir baska dunya bulsam
    Icinde sen olmasan"

"I wish I could forget the day I saw you
    And that I love you
    I wish I could find another world
    That you don't exist"

Sorry for the mistakes in my translation. I hope I could give just the feeling.

Favorite Dish: Fish, of course!

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Fevzi'nin Yeri: Try meze's

by ozalp Updated Sep 6, 2006

I didn't eat this one

Fresh fish, a wide selection of meze (appetizers) and raki. What else can you desire?

It is strange that I learned about this place in VT. It is strange because I was a new member when I did this trip, I did not know how to use VT. Now, I wanted to give more detailed information about my experience in Fevzi’nin Yeri.
    It is a small, cute restaurant at inner streets of Datca. We tried to eat something different that night and preferred to go there. By the way, Fevzi’nin Yeri means Fevzi’s Place and Fevzi is the name of the guy who manages this place. He and his wife (I think) prepare all the food themselves. Fevzi cooks the fishes and his wife prepares the mezes.
    We ate an ordinary fried fish and some mezes. I remember some of the mezes. Dried tomato in olive oil was strange but not good enough.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meze was the old goat cheese. It had a strong smell and a bitter and salty taste. The cheese had been put in pots and waited –at least- one year before eat. I think there must be a special name for this kind of old/waited food in English, right?

• artonice's Profile Photo

FAMILY REST NEAR THE HARBOUR

by artonice Written Jun 29, 2006

This small restaurant with nice little cahairs and tables is close to the sea and harbour.It is runed by a family .Cook and waiters are women and they make homemade food.It's very quite and nice.We ate homemade appetizers and chiken with a delicious sauce with raki of course :)

• National/State Park
    • Beaches

• Papatya Restaurant & Bar: You have to taste the delicious daily mezzes

by leon273 Written Jan 25, 2005
    papatya restaurant

With different colored table and chairs,beatiful flowers all around,huge grape tree above the tables,very clean toiltes, peacefull atmosphere,english-german-turkish menu,their own home made bread,very delicious daily mezzes(starter),very fresh and delicious mediterranean and turkish foods,home made wine,especialy salads with home made olive oil and local seasonal fruits with ice cream.It was amazing when they offered the some grapes from the tree.This was my most fresh fruit i ever had.

Favorite Dish: i ve been inthis place several time.And i always had good and delicious foods.Some of my fave food i can tell you :
    The lamb baked with garlic and onion in owen .
    Fish baked with local vegetables in the owen.
    Mix grill plate .
    Grilled stuffed calamar .

• Sailing and Boating
    • Luxury Travel
    • Cruise

Berkay cafe: In hayit buku

by traveloturc Updated Sep 26, 2007

berkay cafe

Berkay cafe is a small cafe in Hayit buku ( near mesudiye) and its situated on the beach they serve also gozleme ( some sort of turkish pizza)

Favorite Dish: Gozleme-ayran

Instant Answers: Datca

Comments

Datca Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Datca restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Datca sightseeing.