Fethiye Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Fethiye

• June.b's Profile Photo

The Fish Market: A must dine-in place in Fethiye

by June.b Updated May 29, 2012

If you went to Fethiye and did not - at least once - dine in at the fish market, then you've never had a great dining experience. This place is a must when you're in Fethiye.

On my first night I immeditely head to the fish market for dinner. It's a 15-minute walk from Fethiye Guesthouse where I was staying, right at Carsi Caddesi at the town centre.

There's a square shops in the center where you choose your fish or seafood from several vendors. The fish are fresh catch and they're not expensive. Choose your fish, you pay it by the kilo and the fish vendor will hand it over to the restaurant of your choice lining around the 4 edges of the square fish market. You pay the fish and choose your restaurant, sit there and wait for it to be cooked. You can also order mezzes, dips, pita bread, wine or drinks at the restaurant.

I chose the sea bass, it was cooked deliously, I think I paid TL20+ for the mezzes and drinks at the restaurant plus the TL10 fish, it's not really that expensive.

There are also several fruit and vegetable shops around.

Favorite Dish: fish and other seafood.

• YACHT ROOF RESTAURANT: Perfect....

by aysun12345 Written Dec 3, 2011

GO TO YACHT BOUTIQUE HOTEL TAKE THE LIFT PRESS TO THE 4TH FLOOR AND THERE IT IS.YACHT ROOF RESTAURANT.AMAZING VIEW,VERY FRIENDLY STAFF AND EXCELLENT FOOD.YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MENT...

Favorite Dish: LAMB SCHANK...SIMPLY THE BEST...

• Birsen's Profile Photo

Restaurants by the fish market: Fresh fish from the market

by Birsen Updated Nov 13, 2011

A short walk in the city center from the harbour towards the big bus station you will find the fish market. (Ask to locals where is "Balik Pazari" ) We chose our fish at the market and watched them to clean for us and paid. This fish market is surrounded with many restaurants You take your fish and tell them to cook for you. All the restaurants offering a fix price to cook the fish for you. Approx. 6 TL per person, includes salad and bread and sauce for the fish. You just pay extra for your drink.

Favorite Dish: We chose "Kefal" fish it was from the sea (not river fish). cost 20 TL for 2 big sized fish, very good , we asked restaurant to cook for us grilled style (Izgara)

• Adventure Travel

Oz Saray: Real Kebabs

by mickeyboy07 Written Oct 5, 2011

Warm Welcome

This family run delightful restaurant is located in Fethiye centre up steps overlooking the Duck Pond bar and local shops.A warm friendly place with very friendly staff who couldent do enough for us and kept us quite entertained.The food is fabulous and not at all expensive for the area.If you sit on the balcony you can get a great view of the busy street below,one of my favorite Fethiye spots.

Favorite Dish: Lamb Shikh Kebab with rice,salad and chips,very good indeed.

Receps place: Refreshing Apple tea

by mickeyboy07 Written Oct 4, 2011
    In the shade

This little cafe style stop off is one of many to be found in the Fethiye Market.Under cover from the sun its the best place to sit down and grab a drink and catch your breath away from the hustle and bustle of the busy market.You can eat such local delights such as kebebs,pancakes and cheese rolls or just have a drink.Its very cheap and a couple of drinks can be purchased for just a few Lira.

Favorite Dish: I had come accustomed to Apple tea on my stay in Turkey and find a nice hot cup a thirst quencher on a hot day.

• Beer Tasting

Megri: Meatballs Turkish style

by mickeyboy07 Written Oct 4, 2011

Evening at the Megri

A more traditional Turkish restaurant is the Megri in the centre of Fethiye just round the corner from the Duck Pond bar.A nice place with simple decor and friendly staff.Good choice of food with lots of Turkish dishes on the menu.Eat inside or out,we choose to eat outside as it was evening and a lot cooler.Prices are reasonable and you get plenty for your money.

Favorite Dish: I had spicy Turkish Meatballs on a scewer with rice,chips and salad and my partner had spaghetti bolognase,both meals were delicious and very filling.Good value for money.

• Beer Tasting

• Shine Indian Reastaurant Calis beach, Fethiye: At last a fantastic curry in Turkey

by RobinsonFamily Updated Apr 4, 2011

After extensive travelling around Europe over the years and especially Turkey we always craved a decent Indian meal by thetime we got home.
    But we finally found an authentic restaurant with no less than 5 chefs all highly trained and with a menu that spans all of India.
    The food was sublime, the service second to none and the prices? Very tasty.
    The decor is classy which is rare in holiday towns in Turkey but this is a place that you cannot miss.
    They have a web site which is integrated with their bar, and they gave it to us last time we visited.
    I hear they are moving a few yards up as they are so popular they need bigger premises. Good Luck to them and we wil certainly be visiting them this year in May.

There is a large garden out of the back for the children as well so we were well pleased with this little bit of freedom on our holiday.

Favorite Dish: The lamb Jalfreizi and tikka starters.
    The jalfreizi is fot and spicey but with an explosion of flavours on the tongue and the chicken tikka starter is half a chicken at a starter price. Ym.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Can't remember (see review): Fantastic cheap food

by stevemt Written Mar 16, 2011

I cannot remember the name of this restaurant, but you will see it immediatly you are on the street.

They only serve 1 meal, meatballs in a roll. and it is fantastic and cheap.

Full of locals, so must be good

Favorite Dish: there is only 1 dish

• stevemt's Profile Photo

There are more than a few to choose from: The Fish Market

by stevemt Updated Mar 16, 2011

Here, in the fish market, you go to the central market, choose and pay for your seafood. The vendors clean it and deliver it to the restaurant of your choice who then cook it for you and serve it up.

Wonderfully fresh seafood and great meals provided

Favorite Dish: Its all great

Ozsut: Let Them Eat Cake

by Jetgirly Written Feb 1, 2011
    Chocolate-Pistachio Cake and Lemonade

Ozsut is a chain of bakeries and sweet shops that can be found all over Turkey. I ate a quick indulgence at their location on the waterfront in Fethiye. Service was friendly- if a bit confused about why a single girl is eating cake alone at 3:00 in the afternoon- and the menu had a lot of really yummy-looking treats. I picked up a bit of a pistachio habit in Turkey, so I opted for a slice of their chocolate-pistachio cake and some lemonade. I know the cake wasn't made fresh on site, but it was just as good as anything at an American chain restaurant, and a little lighter and more interesting. I would definitely return to Ozsut for a sweet treat!

• Luxury Travel

Ekizoglu's Place: Magical Meals

by Jetgirly Updated Feb 1, 2011

Menemen (Turkish Breakfast) at Ekioglu's Place

Kayakoy is a magical place- a "ghost town" just outside Fethiye. Ekizoglu's Place is a magical restaurant- a family-run gem steps away from the entrance to Kayakoy and the dolmus stop. I stopped here for breakfast before visiting Kayakoy. I was the only guest but I was never treated like an inconvenience. Instead, I was encouraged to try menemen- a Turkish breakfast speciality. I received a deep plate of sauteed peppers and tomatoes. Underneath was a tiny bit of rice, and over top was a fried egg. This was served with some of the freshest bread I'd ever eaten- the entire time I was in the restaurant, from being seated to walking out the door, a woman sat beside the fireplace and kneaded dough. Ekizoglu's Place serves fresh, local, home-style cooking at its best. If you're going to visit Kayakoy, make sure to schedule a meal (or two!) here.

Megri Restaurant: Turkish for Tourists

by Jetgirly Updated Jan 30, 2011

Megri Restaurant, Fethiye

You can't miss Megri. This sprawling restaurant takes up the biggest plaza in the center of Fethiye. When I visited the World Cup was in full swing, so tables were full of people watching the large screens they'd pulled out for the occasion. It was high season so they were very full and the servers were busy. I asked for a mixed mezze plate, requesting only vegetarian choices. I was served a dish of typical mezze such as yogurt-pursulane dip and cooked eggplant. Everything was fine, but I would have liked to try something new or unexpected. Megri is a very good choice for large groups with lots of palates to please, but it's not a top stop for vegetarians.

The Car Cemetery Bar: Streetside Sipping

Streetside Tables at The Car Cemetery, Fethiye

On my desperate search for a vegetarian dinner I popped by The Car Cemetery Bar and asked the server (who wasn't busy- there weren't more than one or two customers at that point in the evening) for a suggestion. He sent me back towards the center of the old town, I thanked him and said something like, "Oh, I might be back later for a drink." Totally non-committal. Cut a few hours later when I'm thinking I've earned a cocktail after fighting feathers at The Duck Pond (see my earlier review), so I head back to The Car Cemetery Bar thinking it's street-front location would provide some good people-watching. The aforementioned waiter practically shrieks with excitement, tells me he's been saving me a table, and admits he was "worried I wasn't coming back". He then proceeded to be overbearing and frankly creepy for the duration of my one cocktail... I couldn't throw down change on the table fast enough to get out of there. It's common for men in the Turkish service industry to be a bit swarmy (and hey- based on all the foreign girls I met who ended up staying in Turkey and marrying these guys it seems to work), but this guy wasn't swarmy. He was just creepy and weird. My drink was fine- they have a great drink selection and I believe they also have hookah pipes- but be wary of strange staff.

The Duck Pond: Quack Quack

Actual Ducks at The Duck Pond Restaurant / Fethiye

I'm not going to lie- it was surprisingly hard to find restaurants in Fethiye where actual vegetarian choices were listed on the menu. So, tired and sunburned and hungry, I gave in and decided to eat at The Duck Pond. I could see that it was full of tourists, but at least they could serve me something.

You might think a restaurant with real, live ducks, called The Duck Pond, is kind of cute. Well, you're wrong. See, the thing about ducks is that they have feathers. And they like to flap their wings. And this sends the feathers flying through the air... right onto your table. I'm pretty sure you can get ebola from that. Anyways, I ended up eating The Duck Pond's version of vegetarian moussaka, which came with lots of attentive service, not-so-distant recollections of "vegetarian casseroles" I'd had elsewhere, and a liberal side order of feathers. I won't lie... there are times I still crave a good Turkish vegetable casserole. The Duck Pond's was fine. Sadly, the feathers stick in my mind more than the food. If you can get a table far, far, far from the pond you'll probably have a great dinner.

Help Beach Lounge: Fill Up Seaside

Check out Help Beach Lounge in Oludeniz

It took a few minutes of walking "the strip" in Oludeniz before I decided where to eat lunch. In the end, I opted to eat at Help Beach Lounge because they had an entire section of their menu devoted to vegetarian cuisine. The restaurant was quite busy (but not totally full) and the servers had a lot to manage. Despite that, I felt service was friendly and fast. I had a roasted vegetable sandwich which was delicious, and I also sampled their "Super Boost"- fresh orange and lemon juices blended with a touch of cranberry and pineapple. Yum! I'm scoping out their website now and it seems they do everything from hearty (or healthy!) breakfasts to cocktails and late-night dancing. Because of their wide menu, this would be a great restaurant for families or groups of friends traveling together. Help Beach Lounge is definitely a great choice if you're eating in Oludeniz.

Instant Answers: Fethiye

Fethiye Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fethiye restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fethiye sightseeing.