Icmeler Favorites

by yurda
  • Favorites
    by yurda
  • PERFECT FOOD SERVED ON BOARD FINDING NEMO BOAT
    PERFECT FOOD SERVED ON BOARD FINDING...
    by virtuallady

Most Recent Favorites in Icmeler

• My 2nd home

by cwardman Written Mar 7, 2011

Favorite thing: The people very friendly made some amazing friends. The food at the champagne restaurant, just love everything about the place

Fondest memory: I miss all the staff at the siesta apartments/champagne restaurant and bar

• virtuallady's Profile Photo

BOAT TRIP = TURQUOISE COAST BREEZES BLISS....

by virtuallady Written May 28, 2009

PERFECT FOOD SERVED ON BOARD FINDING NEMO BOAT

Favorite thing: I HIGHLY RECCOMEND A TRIP ON THE FINDING NEMO BOAT MARMARIS, ICMELER and TURUNC in TURKEY! This boat having been recommended to us too!
    We couldn’t have asked for a nicer trip and couple who ran the boat = Nemo - captain and his lovely wife Linda. From start to finish of the trip we were well looked after from initial pick as strangers to sad departure as friends = really the trip was so good we did it TWICE! My husband and I cannot fault the boat = it was lovely and safe = always a concern in foreign parts!!! My husband who is a keen fisherman was glad to get his hands on the good quality rod provided and the bait to get fishing in the sun = I myself stayed in the shade reclining on the comfortable cushions. Drinks and a wide variety at that we served to us = nice and cold which makes a change. My husband had lots of instructions as to the local fish and techniques and managed to land several after some tussles and we caught enough for captain Nemo to cook then for us for lunch as well!!! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR? He caught some tasty brown colored ones = cant remember the names and a lovely sharped toothed Red Snapper which we took photos of so he could show off to his mates at home! After fishing we cruised to a most BEAUTIFUL BAY WHERE CAPTAIN MADE SURE WE WERE THE ONLY BOAT! And after some swimming in the clear Turquoise waters the MOST FANTASTIC MEAL WE'VE EVER EATEN IN TURKEY AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD = was served to us! What a treat! A Gourmet lunch in perfect surroundings with the MOST DELICIOUS TURKISH WINE = total bliss! AND BETTER STILL NO WASHING UP!
    Then we cruised around some more to catch some rays this time = with all the highlights of the surrounding area being pointed out to us for pictures and information! Time had flown so quickly then it was time to head back to the Jetty sadly the best day of our holiday was over! SO IF YOU WANT A DAY TO REMEMBER FOREVER... I suggest you contact THE FINDING NEMO BOAT Their telephone number is 009 05365537365 or email findingnemoboat@yahoo.com
    As Linda is English its great and her hubby speaks excellent English too, always a plus!
    For no hassle, AMAZING FOOD, chilled drinks, stunning scenery, good fun fishing, relaxing comfortable boat shade and sun WITHOUT ALL THE LOUD MUSIC, GERMANS AND RUSSIANS AND THE "HERE WE GO CROWD" THIS IS THE BOAT FOR YOU! I thought the price was very VERY reasonable for the boat PRIVATE for us both, including fishing license, food etc.
    A MUST DO WHEN IN TURKEY!!!!!!!!! BOOK AHEAD AS THIS IS A POPULAR BOAT = WE KNOW WHY!!!!!!!!

Fondest memory: THE HOSPITALITY AND FRIENDLYNESS! AND THE food!!!!!!!!

Child Friendly & Entertainment

by redrhino12 Written Mar 12, 2008

Favorite thing: All areas of Turkey are "Child Friendly".
    A lot of restaurents provide PS2 Games free,pool table,and children play areas
    Restaurents I can recommend in Icmeler are.
    Dreamboys International,on the side of the canal,entertainment 10pm till midnight.
    Venice Restaurent,again at the side of the canal,entertainment 10pm till midnight.
    Majestic Restaurent,on the side of the canal,entertainment 10pm till midnight.

These are the big 3 at the side of the canal all serving top quality food and having some wonderfull entertainment.
    Music in Icmeler goes off at midnight but you can drink as long as you like but generaly bars close at 2am.
    You will be spoilt for choice on eating in the restaurents of Icmeler and all put on some kind of entertainment after people have finished eating.

Currency

by redrhino12 Written Mar 12, 2008

Favorite thing: When holidaying in Icmeler it is a good idea to take your credit card with you.
    Nationwide being the best as no charges are incurred.
    Other than that take with you about £50 of Turkish lira to get you started.
    The rest of your money I would take in Sterling making sure I had plenty of £10 and £5
    notes because these are always and readily accepted in the shops and market for the purchase of clothing shoes handbags etc.
    For purchases in bars and restaurents I use lira.
    When changing your sterling use the local supermarkets or at the bar you have befriended after first enquiring of the rate they will offer.

Off course if your from a country who use the euro or dollar you would take this currency.
    Scottish pounds are not accepted anywhere in Icmeler.

Always at the begining of your holiday hire a safety deposit box,these are always avaliable at the reception area of your hotel or Apartments,keep in this passports and anything of value this way you will have "Peace Of Mind"

Sunbeds By The Sea

by redrhino12 Written Nov 28, 2006

Sun Bed Sir

Favorite thing: If you want a sunbed and brolly on the edge of the sea you must arrive down on the beach as early as possible.

It was the first morning of our August fortnight in Icmeler.
    After a light breakfast in our apartment of coffee,toast and cereals,we packed the bags ready for our "First Day At The Beach".

Now the bags we take to the beach are Huge, having to hold 6 towels,
    2 each, various grades of sun oil ranging from 2 for me to total block for Mrs Genes nose, snorkel and mask for Andre, lilo for the Rhino to play in the sea with and the obligatory reading books for Ann.
    We also take two x two litre bottles of water that I have frozen in the fridge overnight, and these will keep iced all day if kept out of the sun.

Last visit to the toilet then we are on our way yours truly laiden up like an human pack horse.

We have decided to spend our first day on the stretch of beach in front of the Kontes Hotel,so having walked past the Prince Apartments on our right, sauntered passed the Efendi Hotel also on the right with the Etoil Hotel on the left, we arrived on the Promenade.

A voice shouts "Sunbed Sir", and an arm with open palm is thrust in my direction which I grasp and shake vigoriously.

"How much for the beds" I enquire.
    "A £1 sir" is the reply.
    "Can I have one near the waters edge " I ask.
    "I have saved these just for you" he says as he escorts us to three beds and a brolly right on the waters edge.

How do they do that?
    How did he know I that I was coming on that day?

He wiped the beds for us, gave us one of those cute little pots to put our rubbish in and told us if we needed anything to give him a call and that he was there to make our holiday a memorable one.

We exchanged names and I offered to pay for the beds.

"You pay later " he says.

Another friendship has been forged.

Efes

by redrhino12 Updated Oct 17, 2006

Favorite thing: The most favourite thing about Icmeler for me after its friendly people,stunning scenery and delectable food is the drink called Efes.
    Served in bottles or on draught it is truly the nectar of the gods.

Fondest memory: Arriving in the resort on our first day and having a pint of Efes delivered in a frosted glass.
    The picture shows my weeks supply of Efes being delivered.

• doreenellen's Profile Photo

The bread and the waiters

Waiter with the bread

Favorite thing: The waiters were so friendly and helpful but the bread, given free before your meal was wonderful, especially this one at the the Sea Gate by the beach. This waiter was called Fred (unsure of the Turkish version)

• Windsurfing

%Wonderful friends we made

Wunderboys waiters

Favorite thing: You cannot believe how friendly the locals are and how hard they all work. Most of the staff live within the area and have relations in the shops or restaurants.They tell you that they are there for you as "you are on holiday" We asked what they do in the winter, and most of them replied "Sleep or go for walks etc"

Fondest memory: %

• Hiking and Walking

• doreenellen's Profile Photo

Beautiful scenery & friendly turkish people

by doreenellen Updated Jun 1, 2005

Goats

Favorite thing: The hosptiality of the locals was amazing and together with the beautiful scenery, it was a holiday of a lifetime. On three sides were the rolling rich green hills and the rest the bay of Icmeler. Sea was so clear and blue with it's little pier for the water taxis.
    We met some lovely people and their families who all seem to live in the village and whom all had brothers, or cousins working in the shops or bars etc. We were welcomed wherever we ventured.
    In the old village, there are the original houses and part of the farms and new hotels and apartments. Also a little tea garden selling all drinks apart from tea.

Fondest memory: The people, and the scenery are the main factors to return.But the food, culture and sunshine too. Next time we must venture out and see the Historic places. It is too easy to stay in Icmeler and enjoy it all and not travel far.
    The Goats and their owner made a lovely picture

• patrikske's Profile Photo

Icmeler map

by patrikske Written Jun 18, 2003

Icmeler map

Favorite thing: Icmeler is situated 9km west of Marmarison at the Southwestern point of Turkey, an intersection point of the Mediterranean and Aegean Sea . Lying at the foot of lush green mountains, it has a stunning beach flanked by well-kept gardens full of jasmine and oleander.

• relaxing holiday.siesta apart hotel

by yurda Written Mar 7, 2011

Favorite thing: if you never been to icmeler and if you have big family ,you are all wellcmome to our aapartmen..siesta apart hotel

Wonderfull sites

by redrhino12 Written Jun 16, 2007

Looking towards the Laguna Hotel

Favorite thing: When in Icmeler keep your eyes open for the lovely sites be they flowers or sea views.
    Here are a few pics of street scenes.

Fondest memory: The peace and tranquility of my early morning walks

Anti Mozzie campaign

by redrhino12 Written Jun 17, 2006

Favorite thing: Not so much a tip but the reason we dont get bit in Icmeler as much.
    This photo taken at 6-10am of the mozzie man.

street scene

by doreenellen Updated Jun 27, 2005

Icmeler town

Favorite thing: Just amble around the little streets where you will find, many shops of interest and bars and restaurants to suit all tastes.
    The mountain backdrop makes it a very pleasant place to stay.

• Water Sports

OLd village

Old town

Favorite thing: Village street with its new apartment blocks popping up against the old town but only 10 mins walk from the town.

Instant Answers: Icmeler

Comments

Icmeler Favorites

Reviews and photos of Icmeler favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Icmeler sightseeing.