Fun things to do in Icmeler

ZaZas Havana Bars Bike Hire
  • Things to Do
  • Things to Do

Most Viewed Things to Do in Icmeler

Childrens Play areas

by redrhino12 Written Sep 27, 2011

There is a large play area near the Prince Bar were children can play in a large bouncy castle or hire litte bikes and motorised cars.
    The area round here is very safe and children are supervised.
    Also dotted around the resort are other play areas with swings,roundabouts and slides.

• miniman2804's Profile Photo

Buggy "safari"

by miniman2804 Written Jun 8, 2011

Loved it! The 12 year old son thought he'd gone to heaven.

Kids can drive the motorized buggy very easily. Safe, fun in the warm weather.

You will get wet, and dirty in a way that is destructive to your clothes. You will be immersed in mud.

We paid £22 for the two of us sharing a buggy - about what I expected. Beware the grossly inflated price of snacks and drinks at the buggy centre.

Take a drink, and a change of clothes!!!!!

TL3 for goggle hire is money well spent.

A buggy Seriously muddy

• Ronaldliz's Profile Photo

Icmiler to Marmiris

by Ronaldliz Updated Aug 5, 2010

There is an excelent walk along the sea front. It takes some little time if you stop at the little bars along the way. Its well worth the journey.

If you walk in to Marmiris following the road the view from the top of the hill is wonderful. Best way to go if you find it to hot or you get tired as the dolmus go's this way, costs 2 ltr to marmiris.

My favorite method is the water taxi, good views and a wee bit cooler.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Walking Icmeler

by balhannah Written Jul 25, 2009

Icmeler is not huge!!
    The best way to see the sights is to walk. Start at one end of the Promenade, (say the furtherest) and here there are lots of seaside Restaurants. Continue walking and you will come to a beautiful little canal, with souvenir shops, nice for a browse. Come back to that later.
    Keeping on, there is a beautiful large resort, pop in for a quick look, its very nice!
    Further, and near the end, a bit of a hill climb, perhaps stop and have an icecream or a drink at one of the outdoor cafes which have great views over Icmeler. If you want, you can keep walking to another beach, or return the same way and head down beside the small canal and to the main street.

Promenade walk Time for a break and to rest the weary feet! promenade Beautiful Resort
    • Hiking and Walking

Hire A Bike

by redrhino12 Written May 9, 2008

You can hire cycles near the Letoil Hotel and near the Prince apartments near the Efendi Hotel.
    Cycling to Marmaris is quite easy and safe along the promenade that runs from Icmeler to Marmaris.
    This is also a nice walk but is quite daunting at the heat of the day.
    Cycling to Turunc I wouldnt recommend as it is very hilly and the road could be a little dangerous.
    Instead take the Taxi boats to Turunc and come back on the Dolmus,you will have spectacular views from the top of the moutains.
    Also cycling around the od village and seeing how life still is just metres away from the resort

ZaZas Havana Bars Bike Hire

• Ronaldliz's Profile Photo

Castle Visit

by Ronaldliz Written Jan 10, 2008

If you want to do something different to sunbathing, sitting around the pool or swimming, try a visit to Marmaris Castle. We went and although it is quite small found it interesting and the views from the top of the castle are excellent. Be prepared to climb numerous stairs and the lack of shade in the castle.

Turkish Countryside and Quaint Fishing Village

DATCA.

one of the nicest places I have had the fortune to visit.

Leaving Icmeler and heading towards the Bozburun Peninsular it took one and an half hours through winding roads and picturesque villages,driving over a mountain range where to to one side was the Bay of Marmaris and to the other the Bay of Bodrum.
    Onward we travelled till we came accross DATCA.
    A true Turkish town whos market meandered through the quaint streets and not one bit of hassle.
    Tree lined promenades with bars and restaurents suiting all tastes.

Boasting two beaches,an harbour and first class country park as well as my favourite 10 white ducks swimming in the sea,
    DATCA is most certainly a place I intend to make a repeat visit.

Jeep Safari To Oranihiye

by redrhino12 Updated Apr 9, 2007

How many of you when going on the jeep safari have had the chance to call at Oranhiye and had the chance of "Walking On Water"

Oranhiye is a little village with sunbeds, a couple of restaurents and a camel you can ride, but is better known for a 150 mtr stretch of sandbank that sweeps out into the bay.

Legend goes that when pirates attacked this village, one particular maiden filled the front of her dress with sand and sprinkled it into the sea trying to make a path for her escape.
    Unfortunately her sand ran out, sooner than face the raping and pillaging pirates she threw hereselfe off the sandbar and was drowned.

Another story is that if any maiden walks to the end of the sandbank and returns she will go home a virgin.

See The Blue Fish

by redrhino12 Updated Apr 9, 2007

The jeep safari came about to see the Blue Fish through this little snippet on mythology I found.

The story goes that just before Cleopatra left Egypt on her journey to the Bozburun Penninsular in Turkey,she was given a necklace by Mark Anthony made from semi-preciouse stones called Lapiz-Lazuli,these gems are a vivid blue in colour.

One morning when Cleopatra went down to the river to bathe she was overcome by a deep sense of sadness brought on by the absence of her lover.
    Tears fell from her eyes and fell on the necklace,a token of Anthonys love for her.
    The gems heavy with the Tears Of Sadness broke and the jewels fell into the water,on hitting the water each stone was turned by Aphrodite the goddess of love into one of these elusive fish we look for today,each fish representing a tear of sadness for a missing loved one and for the memory of Anthonys love for Cleopatra.

• Aquarium
    • Fishing

Jeep Safari to see The Blue Fish

Jeep Safari.
    One of the most exciting days out has got to
    be the jeep safari to see The Blue Fish.The only time I have seen these timid creatures is on the jeep safaris from Icmeler.

Most trips do the waterfall and the carpet factory along with all the obligatory water fights but these jeep safaris gives us a chance to try and catch a rare view of these freaks of nature indiginouse to the Bozburun Penninsular.
    Their habitat is among the deeper water near the river banks were the trees give some shade and cover.
    It was not possible to see them this May due to the cold water temperatures and too much cloud cover,but on previous visits during the warmer summer months 2 or 3 jeeps full of tourists would park up near the river.
    Leaving behind our water pistols and bottles and all thoughts off water fights dispelled as we set off walking down the river to confront nature at her quirkiest.

Ankle deep in water we slowly and quietly paddled our way towards the small breeding area.
    There was no sound except for the water gurgling over a few rocks and stones that were in its path as it gently meandered on its way.
    Birds call out to each other,warning that strangers are entering their world.
    The guide stops and beckons us to an area of deeper water,trees lining the river with overhanging branches,the sun glinting through the leaves and sunbeams dancing on the water.
    We all quietly move to the area were the guides are trying to coax out a small shoal of these shy elusive creatures into our sight.

A voice at the back whispers "I cant see anything",The secret is you have to get to the front,be patient and the reward of peering into the depths will surely be rewarded.

Everyone left happy,myselfe I felt humble,also a feeling of exhileration that I had just witnessed something that most people never experience on a normal jeep safari and that is the phenomena that is " The Blue Fish".

Be Prepared to get Wet
    • Adventure Travel

Trip To Akyaka

by redrhino12 Updated Nov 29, 2006

One of The trips we did last year was to a little town on the Gokova Bay called Akyaka.
    It was only an hour from Icmeler and on the way we stopped at a couple of rock tombs from days gone.

Arriving in Akyaka was as I imagined it, a beautifull little village with this magnificent backdrop of mountains.
    Having an harbour area and the Azmac river running into the bay over which river is a rustic wooden bridge,this has got to be a photographers paradise.
    Fish restaurents lined the pretty promenade and one step and you were on to the beach area, were sunbeds and brollies were in abundence.
    2 beds and 1 brolly 4ytl.
    The beach shelved gently into the sea and you could walk out 150mtrs before having to swim,this was great for Andre and he loved jumping and diving into the waves.
    We left Akyaka at 3.30 arriving Icmeler 4.30,oh I wish we had that beach and sea at Icmeler.
    Then they havent got any "3 Bells" "Lion Bar" "Majestic Boys" etc, or do they actualy desire them? I think not,this is a resort for those who like peace and tranquilityand that is what reigns in this Turkish resort.

Gene

Akyaka Beach View Of Akyaka Harbour Boat On The Azmac River Cafe With Mountain Backdrop

A walk round the Village

by redrhino12 Written Nov 28, 2006

I remember one morning in the middle of August when the temp at 7-30 am was 35 degrees.
    I was walking round taking my pics of bars and had finished up at the Julian Forest Apartments, these are the very last apartments right at the back of Icmeler with the mountain has its backdrop.
    I started my walk back and because of the heat my small bottle of water was gone.
    Has I neared the village I remembered a tap were the villagers get their spring water from so headed in that direction.

Has I aproached the tap it was being used by a Local farmer who was filling up his large water containers.
    Now by this time my throat was like a rasp and my tongue twice its normal size through the lack of fluids.
    I stood in line.
    The farmer looked at me and we nodded to each other and with my only bit of Turkish croaked through my parched throat "Merhaba" he smiled and replied with the same word back and then reached for my water bottle and promptly filled it for me then handed it back.
    He must have seen the tension in my face as I was waiting in line.

I thanked him,then took a drink of gods wine.
    Instantly I was refreshed and resumed my walk, thinking about this small act of kindness shown to a complete stranger.

Moral of this story is Either take a Bigger bottle of water or dont walk so far.

The Water Tap

Sunrise

by redrhino12 Updated Nov 4, 2006

If you want to experience the sunrise you have to be up early.
    I woke at 6am,showered,dressed then strolled down to the sea front were I managed to capture the sunrise at about 6-50am.
    As the sun rose between these two mountains the sea seemed to be turned into a carpet of gold.

Sunrise at Icmeler Beach

Banana Boat

by redrhino12 Written Oct 17, 2006

We have done the banana from the beach or from the boats when we have been on the boat trips.
    A motor boats pulls you along at a fast speed twisting and turning so that in the end everyone is tumbled into the sea.
    My problem at 65 year old was climbing back onto this long slippery rubber thing,and in the end was helped on by an obliging strapping bloke.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo

THUNDER STORM

by whitecliff62 Written Aug 5, 2006

On our visit to Icmeler we had a thunder storm which came over the mountains as you can see by the dark pictures, this must have been very unusual in July, anyway it soon passed over and the sun came out again

THUNDERSTORM

Miray Hotel
Bahar Apart
Latest: Jul 16, 2014

Instant Answers: Icmeler

Comments

Icmeler Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Icmeler locals.
Map of Icmeler