Buses, Marmaris

Know about this? Rate It!

• Buses
    Lovely views
  • Buses
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Bus from Mugla to Marmaris

by balhannah Written Jul 20, 2009

Lovely views

Favorite thing: I did this trip in a Dolmus. The views on the section coming into Gokova are STUNNING!! The Bus climbs a Mountain, then coming down the other side you look down into a valley full of rich agriculture, rugged Mountains, the Sea, Villages with orange coloured roofs, it was so pretty, once again, I wished I wasn't in a Bus as the views were incredible and its so hard to get photos!
    Near the Town of Gokova, the Bus was pulled over by Jandarma (Police in country areas) Make sure that you have identification on you. After checking everybody's ID., we were on our way again.
    It was a little frightening, as I was the only English speaking person on the Bus, everybody else was Turkish and I didn't know what was going on. Now, you do!

• Monique_T's Profile Photo

The other side.

by Monique_T Updated May 2, 2003

Favorite thing: This is what you see when you don't look at the sea but to the other side....all mountains. It is a lovely area and I think it must be great to drive around with a car yourself and explore it all. It's a pity we didn't do that ourselves. We used the bus instead and had guided tours around.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory.....all the pro's I wrote down...the weather, the people, just very relaxing.

• MATIM's Profile Photo

See Pamukkale

by MATIM Updated Mar 6, 2004

sunbathe on the chalk rocks

Favorite thing: Pamukkale has such an exceptional landscape I am sure you will love this white chalk.
    Pamukkale is about a 4 hours drive from Marmaris. YOu can take a bus.
    When we visit Pamukkale no one was allowed to walk on the chalk with his shoes on, so a lot of "guards" where there to check if everyone put off his shoes, if not they blow a whistle and order you to move!
    All though everyone had to remove their shoes the chalk got a grey colour, so a few years back you weren’t allowed to touch the chalk at all, but I believe nowadays you can walk on it again.
    On the chalk there are some basins where you can swim, so don’t forget your swimsuit when you go there. It is also great sunbathe on the chalk rocks.
    In the area of the chalk rocks there are nice heat bath, be careful they are really very hot!
    And for tourists who like to ride on a camel you can buy a camel ride for a lot of money!!

• Beaches