Places to eat in Marmaris

by balhannah

Most Viewed Restaurants in Marmaris

• Patlican Grill Restaurant: Best Turkish - Ottoman Cuisin

by denizkizi Written Sep 24, 2006

One of the best kebabs I've ever tried. We tried different food each time. All of them was great! I hope it's still there because web page doesn't work...

Favorite Dish: Try Ali Nazik Kebap. Meatballs with aubergine garlic and yogurt.

• kirstyxxm's Profile Photo

Natalies steak house: Best place to eat!

by kirstyxxm Written Sep 19, 2006

The food there is one of the best ive had in marmaris! great customer service to, you find the service to be good in most places around turkey but this place has a little bit more and you'l notice if you go there!

Favorite Dish: I ate chicken here & friend had steak... Fantastic!

MR COOK: GREAT FOR SEA BASS

by whitecliff62 Written Aug 9, 2006

This is one of the first restaurants you come across as you enter the main part of the marina, at this point you will be approched by many waitors begging you to come into there restaurant for a meal and most offering 10% off, or free drinks, or free desserts, some can be very pushy, some can be very funny and some can be very rude but hey sooner or later if your hungry then you will have to enter one of these restaurants, so we decided to go into the mr cook restaurant, and i must say that it was one of the best meals we had on that holiday, in fact we went there twice

Favorite Dish: Try the sea bass, i know its a little pricy but you have to treat yourself when your on holiday

MR COOK RESTAURANT

• Jackies Cafe Bistro Bar: Great atmosphere, food and family friendly!

by abilyn0212 Updated Jul 27, 2006

We really enjoy exploring the culture and flavours of our holiday destinations, the same can't be said for our 18 month old daughter. After a few days of being in Marmaris we came across Jackie’s Bistro Bar. A small friendly family run place, what it lacks in size it definitely makes up for in atmosphere and food.
    The menu is an excellent mix of Turkish and English dishes (the Turkish meat balls were to die for!!). The selection of English dishes were just as good, fish & chips, steak & kidney pie, pepper steak and home made desserts (we later found out that’s because the Turkish owner's wife is English).
    As for out little one, it was really family friendly, high chairs were available and even a children’s menu ranging from 3 - 5 lira.
    This place was that good we returned for breakfast the next day and the next, and it has to be said they do the best breakfast in Marmaris!!

Favorite Dish: It has to be said that the Turkish meat balls are fantastic, filled with herbs and spices (there not spicy hot!) just gorgeous, served with a salad. But my favourite was definitely the lamb shish kebabs. My partner favoured the breakfast in the morning you can get a full breakfast for 5 1/2 lira or half sized breakfast for 4 1/2, you really do get everything on and it set him up for the day.

• Hakis Restaurant: Don't get ripped off

by Sigra Written Jul 7, 2006

I have been going to Marmaris for more than 10 years and have always enjoyed excellent service, friendship & hospitality. That was until we went to Hakis Restaurant towards the very end of the marina (near wooden bridge on corner). The waiters etc were the usual friendly guys and made us feel very welcome.
    However, the usual offer of bread did not come, we were given it and charged over £5 for it at the end of the meal. We were also offered the 'usual' liquer drink at the end of the meal and were charged a total of £17 for the 2 very small drinks. The total billcame to over £50 for 2 people with only 3 Beers, 1 starter and 2 main courses.
    I speak enough Turkish to get by and when I spoke with the manager he was arrogant, smug and did not want to listen to me.
    I have since told EVERYONE I can in Marmaris NOT to go to Hakis Restaurant and as we have an apartment there we ensure that throughout the whole year, whoever stays there, is advised not to visit this particular venue.
    Hakis Restaurant has let down Marmaris and should be ashamed of themselves.

Favorite Dish: Dishes were dry, overcooked and tasteless

• Spoon: 5* food & service

by NSutton1103 Written May 24, 2006

Waiters dressed in black and white formal suits greet you with smiles and no pressure. The owner/manager is quite willing to explain his menu and no hidden charges policy. They place your napkin on your lap and prompty ask for your drink order. Candlelight surrounds you with a view of the marina to top it all off.

Favorite Dish: Your meal is served with warm Turkish bread and 3 meze dishes to start. We ordered the fried calamari and it was so tender and fresh, you could taste the sea water! My husband ordered the filet steak which was served with Veg, potato of choice and lovely carved fruits.
    I ordered the flamming Turkish beef caserole with onions,mushrroms, peppers in a lovely spiced sauce. With 2 drinks each we spent what was equivalent to £35

Waiter at Spoon restaurant

• Beefeaters Steakhouse: Delicious Turkish steakhouse

by NSutton1103 Written May 20, 2006

The service and food was superb! My husband had the filet steak (250 grams) which was served chargrilled with potato & veg. I had the Lamb shish on skewers with rice and veg. We each had 2 drinks and complimentary bread and Meze dips were served.

The bill came to £44 Turkish Lira which is like £20! The view of the Marina topped off this lovely evening! Highly recommend this place.

Favorite Dish: All of the meats were chargrilled/barbequed and the presentation of the food was lovely with carved tomato roses and lemons carved into flowers as well.

• Diana75's Profile Photo

Eat where the local people eat

by Diana75 Updated Apr 11, 2006

As all the places in Turkey, especially the ones located on the seaside, Marmaris is full of nice specific restaurant, but also international ones.

I will not talk about the international ones as I think that if you go to another country you have also to try something else not what you can also find at home.

Most of the places have restaurants for tourists who usually have higher prices and not necessarily a better service.

I definitely prefer to find the hidden places where the locals eat. I was never disappointed.
    In Marmaris I found a place like this and I paid something like USD 5-/persons for great food.

Marmaris view
    • Beaches

THE RAINDROP: THE FREINDLY RESTAURANT

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

The raindrop is a place where its so easy to make new freinds with the owner, she was so kind to us every time we ate there, food is great and we always got a free drink on the house as well as free water melon

Favorite Dish: My favorite was te water melon coz it was free hahahahahaha

THE RAINDROP

AL FRESCO: THE ONE AND ONLY

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

This was the speciality of the house at our favorite restaurant, its a local dish of casseroll that is served in an earthenwear pot, but you have to watch your eyebrows coz when its served at your table the damn thing is on fire hahahahaha. The dish is on the menu for 2 people, so unless your a pig like me don't order it for yourself hahahaha

Favorite Dish: The Al Fresco casseroll dish that comes to your table on fire

CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE

AL FRESCO: THE BEST IN MARMARIS

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

This turned out to be our favorite restaurant, i think we ate there 5 or 6 times in the 2 weeks that we were there. The food was some of the best i have ever tasted in marmaris. Its even got a bouncy castle in the restaurant to keep the kids amused. There is also English football on the t,v every night, mayby this is why i kept comming back hahahahaha.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish will be explained in the next page

AL FRESCO

THE SOFRA REATAURANT: WHERE THE LOCALS EAT

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

Here is my family sitting down to eat at the sofra restaurant, this photo was taken at around midnight and it was still over 90 degrees, god was that cold beer nice, the next 10 was not to bad either hahahahahaha.

SOFRA RESTAURANT

CAFE YAVUL (PATISSERIE): GREAT COFFEE AND CAKES

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

Whenever we visit Marmaris we always stop here for a coffee and cake, it makes a nice change from all that Turkish rakki and beer hahahaha. Its a lovely spot to sit and watch the world go by, it is also open very late, we often popped in for a coffee after midnight. The cafe is owned by a friendly man called Mehmet Mert.

Favorite Dish: The cakes are so lovely, try the ones that are made with the local honey.

• Earthtraveller's Profile Photo

Kantin: Chicken Kebab

by Earthtraveller Written Nov 7, 2005

This litttle canteen is situated outside the indoor bazzar near the statue. If you walk in to the bazzar, about halfway in turn right and walk outside. This little canteen will be on that road.

This is a brilliant place if your on a budget, kebabs were only a pound. (YES!! 1 POUND)

You can either get your kebab in bread or a wrap.

Different from the kebabs in the UK but this place is a must.

Try it cause you'll enjoy it.

Favorite Dish: I love the chicken kebabs from here!!

The Cheapest kebab in Marmaris!!

• Al Fresco's: Al Fresco's Casserole

by Essexman Updated Sep 30, 2005

Don't miss as this is one of the best restaurant's we tried in Marmaris. It's on the main road at the east end of the resort, has Sky TV, the staff are pretty good unless there are a large group of single females in residence.
    The food was excellent, as I had the casserole in an earthenware pot which was surrounded by flames all very showy and flash, it scared the living daylights out of me at first but it was lovely, try it.

Favorite Dish: Chicken, beef casserole with chips, rice, mashed potato, and vegetables in a beautiful gravy served with fresh baked bread.

Marmaris Hotels

• Club Likya Apartments

Great hotel & staff,unfortunately when we were there in August 2011 the place was overrun with...

• Sunrise Hotel

Comfortable 4 star hotel with own private section of beach over public promrnade in front of pool....

• Club Aida

Stayed at Club Aida from the 22nd August to 5th September (First stay at club aida) and what a...

Latest Marmaris Hotel Reviews

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Club Exelsior
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Marmaris

Comments

Marmaris Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Marmaris locals.
Map of Marmaris