Places to eat in Marmaris

Club Sultan Maris
    by balhannah

Most Viewed Restaurants in Marmaris

• Innovator's Profile Photo

Mr. Zek: Mr. Zek - Spectacular views, good music & food !

by Innovator Written Jun 23, 2004

When you enter the harbour you are hassled as usual by many restaurant keepers. Just go to the end of the first street, and on the left corner you find Mr. Zek.

You can just drink something, or eat delicious meals. It's a relaxing atmosphere, romantic, with lounge music, the best views, not expensive, friendly waiters, close to Marmaris castle.

Favorite Dish: Calmares (filled with mushrooms & cheese).
    Mexican steak.... lots of choice. Also typical Turkish food and international menus.

• pretty33555's Profile Photo

MacDonalds!: LoL...LoL......LoL

by pretty33555 Written Jul 26, 2004

Well............. LoL...... to cover around 2000 kms to happen in MacDonalds....LoL....
    Anyways, a cruel hunger and curiosity to find out what is Mac Turco like led us there :-))))
    Mc Turco is ONLY in turkish MacDonalds :-)))) I wouldn't say it's smth outstanding, but it's good :-))))))

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

DURAK CAFÉ: simple, cheap, nice!

by mindcrime Written Nov 1, 2007

Although the most famous restaurants are situated around the Marina my favorite place is DURAK CAFÉ, a small place for locals that serves every day something different from local cuisine of course. You can choose between 8 different foods every day, most of them typical Turkish plates.

Favorite Dish: I liked a lot the spinach plates, pilav(rice), good tzatzik, fresh salads, tasty soups, yogurt etc Most of the times I payed no more than 5 euro! :)

AL FRESCO: THE ONE AND ONLY

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

This was the speciality of the house at our favorite restaurant, its a local dish of casseroll that is served in an earthenwear pot, but you have to watch your eyebrows coz when its served at your table the damn thing is on fire hahahahaha. The dish is on the menu for 2 people, so unless your a pig like me don't order it for yourself hahahaha

Favorite Dish: The Al Fresco casseroll dish that comes to your table on fire

THE RAINDROP: THE FREINDLY RESTAURANT

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

The raindrop is a place where its so easy to make new freinds with the owner, she was so kind to us every time we ate there, food is great and we always got a free drink on the house as well as free water melon

Favorite Dish: My favorite was te water melon coz it was free hahahahahaha

THE SOFRA REATAURANT: WHERE THE LOCALS EAT

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

Here is my family sitting down to eat at the sofra restaurant, this photo was taken at around midnight and it was still over 90 degrees, god was that cold beer nice, the next 10 was not to bad either hahahahahaha.

AL FRESCO: THE BEST IN MARMARIS

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

This turned out to be our favorite restaurant, i think we ate there 5 or 6 times in the 2 weeks that we were there. The food was some of the best i have ever tasted in marmaris. Its even got a bouncy castle in the restaurant to keep the kids amused. There is also English football on the t,v every night, mayby this is why i kept comming back hahahahaha.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish will be explained in the next page

• Hannahcorney's Profile Photo

The Cousins bar and restaurant: What a great place for food and entertainment!

by Hannahcorney Written Oct 20, 2003

Well when i visited Marmaris this year and last i just couldn't stay away from this restaurant/bar. I think it's fantastic in every way. The food is delightful and if they haven't got what you want they will go out of their way to meet your needs and get it for you.

After food has finished being served, the waitors get up and dance for the customers and sometimes get you up to dance as well. The DJ is also fantastic and plays some absolute TUNES!

If you ever visit Marmaris and are lookin for somewhere to eat and have a good time go to this place. About two minutes away from Mc Donalds.

Favorite Dish: Barbeque chicken wings to start, followed by lasagne and the best ice cream i've ever tasted for dessert.

• Diana75's Profile Photo

Eat where the local people eat

by Diana75 Updated Apr 11, 2006

As all the places in Turkey, especially the ones located on the seaside, Marmaris is full of nice specific restaurant, but also international ones.

I will not talk about the international ones as I think that if you go to another country you have also to try something else not what you can also find at home.

Most of the places have restaurants for tourists who usually have higher prices and not necessarily a better service.

I definitely prefer to find the hidden places where the locals eat. I was never disappointed.
    In Marmaris I found a place like this and I paid something like USD 5-/persons for great food.

• Beaches

CAFE YAVUL (PATISSERIE): GREAT COFFEE AND CAKES

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 9, 2006

Whenever we visit Marmaris we always stop here for a coffee and cake, it makes a nice change from all that Turkish rakki and beer hahahaha. Its a lovely spot to sit and watch the world go by, it is also open very late, we often popped in for a coffee after midnight. The cafe is owned by a friendly man called Mehmet Mert.

Favorite Dish: The cakes are so lovely, try the ones that are made with the local honey.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

CLUB SULTAN MARIS: Huge meals

by balhannah Written Jul 27, 2009

This Restaurant was at the Hotel I stayed at. The Menu had a good variation of meals to choose from.
    I decided on the Beef Stroganoff, which was very nice, too big a meal for me to eat the lot!
    Cost was 15 t/l
    Service was good.

• School Holidays

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Hollandali Ahmet: Kumlubuku

by traveloturc Updated Mar 8, 2008

Just 30 minutes sailing away from Marmaris Bay is this top shelf beach and restaurant. Famous among sailors and yachting enthusiasts. More often than not, attracts the attention Media of Gourmet Lifestyle. It is called Holland Beach because, the owner Mr. Ahmet worked in Restaurant and bistro business for so many years in Holland. So local people call him 'Hollandali Ahmet'. Really nice and friendly person who treats everyone as real good friends. You can never get bored around him. The formal name for his business is 'Kumlubuku Yacht Club'.

Favorite Dish: fishes

• Flares SteakHouse: Check this place out

by sadi420 Written Aug 18, 2007

This was one of the most welcoming and friendly places I visited during my first trip to Marmaris and was so good i made sure i went back the next time i went.
    The staff are fantastic and entertainment hilarious........I think the entertainment is on wednesday and sunday nights! We were there most nights so i tend to forget.
    Its situated right next to the famous Turkish Night Venue in Armutalan so if you plan to visit the turkish nights i suggest you visit Flares before or after or even both!!!!
    Oh and it has a free Taxi Service!!!! Fantastic family atmosphere!

Favorite Dish: Pizza's are fantastic!

• School Holidays

• Hakis Restaurant: Don't get ripped off

by Sigra Written Jul 7, 2006

I have been going to Marmaris for more than 10 years and have always enjoyed excellent service, friendship & hospitality. That was until we went to Hakis Restaurant towards the very end of the marina (near wooden bridge on corner). The waiters etc were the usual friendly guys and made us feel very welcome.
    However, the usual offer of bread did not come, we were given it and charged over £5 for it at the end of the meal. We were also offered the 'usual' liquer drink at the end of the meal and were charged a total of £17 for the 2 very small drinks. The total billcame to over £50 for 2 people with only 3 Beers, 1 starter and 2 main courses.
    I speak enough Turkish to get by and when I spoke with the manager he was arrogant, smug and did not want to listen to me.
    I have since told EVERYONE I can in Marmaris NOT to go to Hakis Restaurant and as we have an apartment there we ensure that throughout the whole year, whoever stays there, is advised not to visit this particular venue.
    Hakis Restaurant has let down Marmaris and should be ashamed of themselves.

Favorite Dish: Dishes were dry, overcooked and tasteless

• Jackies Cafe Bistro Bar: Great atmosphere, food and family friendly!

by abilyn0212 Updated Jul 27, 2006

We really enjoy exploring the culture and flavours of our holiday destinations, the same can't be said for our 18 month old daughter. After a few days of being in Marmaris we came across Jackie’s Bistro Bar. A small friendly family run place, what it lacks in size it definitely makes up for in atmosphere and food.
    The menu is an excellent mix of Turkish and English dishes (the Turkish meat balls were to die for!!). The selection of English dishes were just as good, fish & chips, steak & kidney pie, pepper steak and home made desserts (we later found out that’s because the Turkish owner's wife is English).
    As for out little one, it was really family friendly, high chairs were available and even a children’s menu ranging from 3 - 5 lira.
    This place was that good we returned for breakfast the next day and the next, and it has to be said they do the best breakfast in Marmaris!!

Favorite Dish: It has to be said that the Turkish meat balls are fantastic, filled with herbs and spices (there not spicy hot!) just gorgeous, served with a salad. But my favourite was definitely the lamb shish kebabs. My partner favoured the breakfast in the morning you can get a full breakfast for 5 1/2 lira or half sized breakfast for 4 1/2, you really do get everything on and it set him up for the day.

Marmaris Hotels

1 Review & Opinion
Mehtap Hotel
Latest: Mar 17, 2014

Instant Answers: Marmaris

Comments

Marmaris Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Marmaris locals.
Map of Marmaris