Marmaris Tourist Traps

• Rather spend your money here than at the airport
    Rather spend your money here than at the...
    by tomerik

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Marmaris

• pretty33555's Profile Photo

Be Careful!!!!

by pretty33555 Written Jul 26, 2004

Be very careful!!!!! Never turn to those offering excursions or tours in the streets for a cheaper price. Better pay twice more expensive to your guide and be safe.

Unique Suggestions: You can easily avoid it if you don't listen to anyone!

• gama998's Profile Photo

Disappointing Blue Cruises Marmaris-Fethiye

by gama998 Updated Apr 17, 2008

Pay attention to the programs of the 7 days Blue Cruise Marmaris-Fethiye-Marmaris because they are not frequently accomplished. Our captain apparently did not speak English, so our program was changed without possibility of complains and we came back from Gocek Gulf to Kardirga Bay, at the entrance of Marmaris Gulf, on Thursday morning, one day before the previewed. That means that we missed one day and one night in the wonderful Gocek Gulf and that we were just 4.5 days outside Marmaris area,

I made a formal complain to the travel agency BODTUR and they informed me that that the probem was a storm forecast. It was August, the weather and the sea were perfect, so I asked them the weather forecast for those days: there were “dangerous” 3-5 miles winds (light breeze, Beaufort 2 in 12) on the way!. The coast is wonderful, but the cruises on this route are often disappointing, so take special care!

Unique Suggestions: I advice you to have a copy of the program at the moment of the briefing, made in Marmaris marina on Sunday morning, just before the departure of the boats, and to ask a signature of the employee of the enterprise that organizes the cruise (in my case ROTAS YATCHING).

Fun Alternatives: It is preferable to go to Fethiye by bus, then to visit Dalyan by yourself or with a day tour (do not forget the impressive Kaunos ruins that I could not visit) and to make a much cheaper 3 days/2 nights Twelve Islands Blue Cruise in Gocek Gulf.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo

CROWDED BEACHES

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 10, 2006

PACKED BEACH

The phrase people use about packing them in like sardines seems to be very true the nearer you get to the marina area of Marmaris

Fun Alternatives: Go farther along the coast where its quieter

• Beaches

• Monique_T's Profile Photo

A real Turkish market?

by Monique_T Written Feb 11, 2003

It is not a real tourist trap but still... We always love to go to these Turkish markets. It is nice to see what they have and buy things for everyone home (or for ourselves). Most things are not that expensive so you can spend a lot of money. And it is common to bargain to get a good deal. However, sometimes we just wanted the best for less. And not all the salesman always liked that. I remember a few times when they were really angry with us for various reason, we didn't want to buy what they had or we didn't want to give a lot of money for it. But that didn't spoil anything for us. It is fun to go there so enjoy it.
    Another thing is...is it really a Turkish market. I know the fruit and vegetables department is but also the other things? I guess it is just for all the tourists who are there and want to spend their money.

Unique Suggestions: Don't pay the price they want. Always try to get it cheaper, that is part of the game.

• turkish men

by romao Written Jul 26, 2010

I stayed in marmaris in july 2010.when i stayed there in may we took a boat trip me and my mum and i met a guy called ken who works on aqua life boat he came across very charming and was eager to have my phone number.I spent 4 days with him before i returned to england.When we went to a bar he would never buy you a drink always expected you to pay.however i let this pass and i returned to marmaris in july and met up with him again as i really liked him but little did i know i was being conned and deceived.He would say buy me a drink buy me food he would never spend a penny himself i was fazed by his charm.We went out as a four me him my mum and the captain of the boat they ordered beer ,spirts the bill shot up to 150 lira they never offered to pay anything they ran off and left my mum to pay the bill.when i went to the toilet ken stole all my money out of my purse about 160 lira.I am positive about this as i never spent a penny.I rang him the next day but he never answerd.The captain at the time tried to get my mum bag by saying leave your bag here as she was going to the toilet.We were scamed by them they have done this before.dont be fooled by the good looking men in turkey most of them are fake they only want you for your money to send back to their family or they want your body or both,ken slava fooled me he is a fake a fraud and he will treat you badly.

Unique Suggestions: They will try to con you add liras on your bill if you have had a few to drink tell you you are beautifull just to get your money out of you these men only want to make money nothing more they will lie to you rip you off.A tourist said to the shop owner how much do you want he didnt understand turkish lira he took all his money be careful

Fun Alternatives: if you drink alcohol be careful they could spike your drink

Instant Answers: Marmaris

Comments

Marmaris Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Marmaris tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Marmaris sightseeing.