Turunc Things to Do

The new Marmaris.
    Main Street to Atta Turk Statue
    by soundchaseruk
    Many small shops to choose from

Most Recent Things to Do in Turunc

5 Bay Day Out

by soundchaseruk Updated Jun 19, 2013
    Typical Day Tripper

Turkey invites everyone to get on the sea, whether you swim in the clear sea on the BLUE FLAG beaches, or take a boat out for either a Day or half day trip.

There are many independant operators which take you to numerous bays where they drop anchor so you can freshen up from sunbathing on the top deck, and swim in the small quiet bays. If you are out for a 5 bay all day trip (costs from £12 a day including BBQ lunch) you will do down to Citflik.

Boats depart at about 10am and return after 5pm

By the harbour look for the captains selling trips in the evenings. the half days trips get booked early As do The CEMRE boat run by Hussaine and Sally Zeybek also do great trips. The newly furbished CEMRE AND CEM 2 are available for private hire for some great days out.

Check out the website for more details . Www.myturunc.com

• Skiing and Boarding

Walk To Amos

by soundchaseruk Written Jun 25, 2012

If the weather is not too hot and you like a walk then there's none better than a stroll along the coastal road to Amos village. There are some great views from the roadside but do not attempt the walk on a really hot day and wear good shoes. It takes about 45 minutes to reach Amos where you can visit the ruins or call into the bar and restuarant by the seafront.

The water taxi can also take you back to Turunc at around 5pm

• Beaches
    • Mountain Climbing

Old Marmaris

by soundchaseruk Updated Jun 25, 2012

The new Marmaris.

I am back in Turunc next week for two weeks and the first thing we like to do is get the Water taxi to Marmaris, to stock up with fresh meat and provisions. If we arrive in time for the Monday Market then we would go there, as the local fruit and veg is just superb, especially the Rocket salad leaf.

I find riding the bay on the first day puts me straight back into the holiday mood, the sun will be shining, the breeze cool as we chug along for 1hr to Marmaris.

I suppose if you are staying in a hotel then this tips not worth sharing as shopping is not going to be the first thing you will want to do, however, the boat trip is a nice "welcome home" trip for us.

I travel there every year and I will be adding tons of pics and videos in 3 weeks time.

• Architecture

• 5 bay boat trip

by julieraffety Updated May 9, 2011

i walked along the harbour and asked everyones prices the best deals i found were freyman 1 at 30 tl pp including lunch it was a great experience and would recomend it to anyone another great deal was with sally who offerd the private hire of her boat at a bargain price which also included lunch unfortunatly a couple of our party had to drop out which made it unviable but would recomend her too ....... my only advice is remember your in turkey and if these people are not around its worth hanging around the harbour they will come to you but no one is in a rush

• redrhino12's Profile Photo

Relaxing Bar

by redrhino12 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nirvana Bar

The Nirvana was taken over by Kevin and Julie in early 2007,casual music with the occasional Quiz show and stimulating conversation is the order of the day.
    Snacks are avaliable and Julie also makes her own relishes chutneys and preserves.
    It also serves the best pint of Draught Efes I have ever tasted in Turkey.
    If you fancy something a little English why not have a cream tea, this is a Fruit scone with cream and jam and a pot of tea.
    As from this year2008 the Nirvana also have 15 recently completed one or two bedroomed apartments with either a Mountain,Sea or street view.
    All apartments are of the highest quality and all come with full SC facilities.
    A swimming pool with a shallow end set in mature gardens is to be ready for 2009.

• lyncol's Profile Photo

Boat Trip to Dalaman

by lyncol Written May 23, 2004

Theres plenty of ruins to trip over

You must do this trip all the boats down at the harbour offer all the different trips we did a couple. The trip to see King Kournos`s Tombs were a must see then on to the mud baths well you just gotta do it its fun and whilst your rubbing on all that mud you could almost believe that its gonna cure all your aches and pains. then on to Dalaman beach this is a sandy one but you can only sit in certain places due to the egg laying of the Loggerhead Turtle. Please beware if you go for a swim between the 2 headlands. the water is deep and the current is STRONG so please be a strong swimmer. I got caught and I have never been so frightened. My life flashed before my eyes I thought I was a gonna and I must admit even now 6 years on I wont go out of my depth when swimming I have to be able to touch the bottom. It certainly scared me.

Instant Answers: Turunc

Comments

Turunc Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Turunc things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Turunc sightseeing.