Cemilkoy Travel Guide

church at Cemil village

Cemilkoy Things to Do

Keslik monastery 3 more images

by mindcrime Written Dec 15, 2008

Although Keslik monastery isn’t as famous as Selime monastery I had a great peaceful feeling wondering around here because there were no other visitors! I spend a lot of time inside the two main churches (Archangelos and St.Stefanos). The main big building (pic 1) as you go inside the area is the Archangelos church with some wall paintings to check (pic 2).
    Then you can check the other buildings of the monastery like dinning hall(pic 3) and. the refectory.
    The monastery had about 250 people capacity and that’s why you can see many cave houses to see and some pigeons houses around.

The entrance fee is 3YTL(1,8euro).
    I was alone in the monastery and after touring around the monastery I stayed for a while with the guard (Mr Cabir pic 4) of the place that offered me a tea and told me some things about the monastery.

• Architecture
    • Religious Travel

church at Cemil village 4 more images

by mindcrime Written Dec 14, 2008

There is a church in the village at a nice spot and looks nice from a distance but when I got close to it I was disappointed because it was almost destroyed inside. As I read at the greek sign outside the church is dedicated to Constantine & Helen and build at the end of 19th century.

The mosque of the village is only 3’ walk from the church and its nothing special. I don’t have any info about it but the old men that were sitting outside were very friendly but my Turkish were too poor to take us further than “gunaydin”(good morning) “nasilsin”(how are you) etc :)

• Architecture
    • Religious Travel

• Cemilkoy Hotels

0 Hotels in Cemilkoy

Cemilkoy Transportation

on the way to Keslik

by mindcrime Written Dec 14, 2008

Cemil is at SE part of Cappadokia on the road that leads to Soganli valley. From Urgup take the road that goes towards Mustafapasha village. Cemil isnt part of any daily tour so I used a private car and driver. The Keslik monastery is only 2 km away from the village so you can see both of them. Then you can continue to other villages like I did: Taskinpasha and Shahinefendi which is near Sobesos excavations.

Instant Answers: Cemilkoy

Comments

Cemilkoy Travel Guide
Map of Cemilkoy