Goreme Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Goreme

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Uranos Sarikaya: Cave restaurant

by albaaust Written Jul 10, 2008

Mustafa took us to this cave restaurant for lunch. It is obviously a place that many tour guides take their clients. You get served a three course meal and listen to various live Turkish music. It was OK.

• Religious Travel
    • Archeology

• mavl's Profile Photo

S.O.S. Restaurant & Cafe: BEST KEBAP IN GOREME

by mavl Written Nov 26, 2007

central location, indoor and outdoor dining, eager staff. i got there pretty late in the evening but they fired up the oven for me anyway.

Favorite Dish: they have the best tasting kebaps in goreme! servings are generous and the bread is served freshly baked and in large portions.

Dibek Restaurant: do it in Turkish way

by FAIRYCHIMNEY Written Apr 16, 2007

Very 'local' restaurant that you basicly sit on the floor and eat in very nomadic way.There are lovely cats all around and rest. provides local food only , like manti (boiled pastry in mince and topped garlic yoghurt)

Favorite Dish: mantiiiii

• gonzo747's Profile Photo

cappa restaurant: Good turkish food

by gonzo747 Written Mar 3, 2006

The best meal I had over there was a vegetarian dish. They cooked it in a closed pot. They served it to me with a hammer. I had the opportunity to open the pot with the hammer.
    Good advise: hit it softly the pot cracks pretty fast.

• Art Cafe, Uchisar: Highest sunset Point in Kapadokiya is at Art Cafe

by namitas Updated Jul 2, 2012

One of us went through the museum doors to see the Uchisar castle. The rest ( three of us) sat outside around waiting for him to return. The only restaurant in the area has valley view and numerous canopies with tables underneath. The owner, a friendly and warm Turkish gentleman who has spent half his life in Germany came along and invited us in. We resisted and he told us that we don't need to order anything. He then joked and asked if we would like tea with milk ( free, as we were his 'guests' not his customers). The Turkish have tea without milk; clearly he was referring to our Indian origin. I asked him how he knew we were from India, and that is how the conversation started. The host signaled to someone behind in the kitchen and we were offered tea. Later when my husband came down from the castle we sat and ordered some food. Enjoyable/delicious meal. Unhurried and tasty. Sat about, walked, talked. Played with the dog ( beautiful pet dog who plays around in the area). Then we waited for the sunset. It was cold and windy and the owner offered us ( three of us- me and our kids) warm shawls. The sunset was beautiful. It is the best place in the valley and perhaps the whole area to watch the sun setting since Uchisar Castle is the highest point around. They have barbeque and dancing at night in the open air restaurant.
    Name of the owner- Vural Aldag

• spocklogic's Profile Photo

Alaturca: Nice decor, average food

by spocklogic Updated Sep 30, 2013

Alaturca Restaurant

We had dinner at this restaurant on our first evening in Goreme after touring the Open Air Museum. It is located in the center of Goreme and offers traditional Anatolian cuisine. The restaurant is very inviting when you walk in. We had a look at the menu and it seemed to have a good variety with modest prices, perhaps a bit high, but not too much so. There is a sitting area on the first floor with some ambiance that you can enjoy a drink or snack before dinner. We came in out of the rain and were content to just sit for a while. The atmosphere was relaxed and there was no pressure to order anything. This was pleasant. Eventually we ordered some tea that was quite delicious.

When we were ready to eat, we adjourned to the upstairs dining area. While not as meticulously decorated as the downstairs, it was open and spacious with well arranged tables and a central bar area. It did not seem particularly busy, but it was the winter season too. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and endeavored to be helpful with suggestions. He had to consult with other members of the staff a couple times regarding our questions on the menu, but I think he was new to the staff and wanted to be sure he was giving us the right answers. We were in no hurry so this was fine.

I will have to say that the food did not really live up to what the menu promised. There was nothing particularly wrong with the combinations of food in the dishes or the presentation, but in the preparation I think. I had some fish, which I thought was rather dry. The seasoning on the accompanying items seemed a bit uninspired too. My friends seemed to enjoy their dishes more than I, but there was nothing to rave about either. My assessment would be that you can expect something very average here, at a price that doesn’t quite match the quality of the food. This restaurant is recommended in several tour books, but I found it a bit disappointing.

• Skibbe's Profile Photo

Debek: Old World Turkey

by Skibbe Written Jun 19, 2008

This is in a family run restaurant in a 475-year-old building. They make their own wine and serve it in cups that reminded me of what one would see in a Bible movie. The food comes in generous portions and was delicious.

• FAIRYCHIMNEY's Profile Photo

Ala turca Restaurant: try manti !!

by FAIRYCHIMNEY Updated Apr 4, 2011

Located right in the centre of Goreme (opposite to bus station ) provides beatiful view via its terrace and also has a lovely courtyard with lots of cushins on the grass.

Favorite Dish: I love meze 'cold starters' plate with glass of cold raki and after a huge t-bone steak will do :)

• FAIRYCHIMNEY's Profile Photo

Ortahisar Museum Restaurant: among sth haunted :)

by FAIRYCHIMNEY Written Apr 16, 2007

First of all view is fantastic : a terrace with huge formation view-which is known as Ortahisar castle-and also provides kind of mummy museum that illustrates local living &scenes from late century.You can try shephard kebab but their olive oil based veggies are worth to try either.

Favorite Dish: fried cheese rolls , beans in olive oil and stuffed vine leaf.

• June.b's Profile Photo

Safak Cafe & Restaurant: The best Corba (Soup)

by June.b Updated Sep 20, 2011

We sat at the chairs & table in front of the Safak Cafe and the young guy approached us immediately, we're not really hungry so we ordered the lentil soup and a cola. Soup costs only TL5 It was really tasty along with the delicious bread. I guess that was the best corba we had in Goreme. Served by a mid-aged lady who maybe the cook or owner of the cafe/resto.

They also serve other dishes for lunch & dinner like kebab, gozleme and meatballs.

Favorite Dish: Lentil soup...the best!

• Photography

Saray Halk Lokantasi: Local Food

by June.b Updated Sep 20, 2011

Saray Halk Lokantasi

It's a lokantasi, a local eatery that serves delicious simple menu. Indoor and outdoor dining. You can order a little bit of everything displayed on the counter, costs TL10 per plate. A little of vegetables and meat. Baklava is also available and soups.

The guy who's serving the food is extremely friendly and a really good conversationalist as his english is excellent.

Favorite Dish: local food

• Photography

• June.b's Profile Photo

Local Restaurants: Kebab et al...

by June.b Written Jan 25, 2007

I don't have this habit of remembering the names of retaurants where I enjoyed the food - not a good habit!

We wandered to the small town of Goreme and we found this local resto that serves kebab and other stuff. They have delicious food and the resto has a diplay of nice rugs and carpets, they're for sale if you happen to inquire.

There's also a fine dining resto called Alaturca, just in the middle of the town centre. Not hard to find, near the Blue Moon Hotel.

We did not eat out much as the weather was so cold at night and we prefer to take the food at the hotel (Travellers' Cave), simple but tastes really good.

• momora's Profile Photo

Orient Restaurant: The menu is incredible

by momora Updated Jan 11, 2009

The food was exquisite, the service was superb, and the maitre D (I think he owns the place) was extremely courteous and funny. We ate in the inside dining room (once) and the veranda (twice). The decor and the atmosphere are enchanting. The wood oven adds warmth to the dining room and coupled with the owner artifacts give the place its own unique look.

Favorite Dish: I ate there 3 times during 1 week. Once I had the rack of lamb, moussaka, and the special dessert.
    Once we shared a few dishes (tapas style): Sac Tava, Moussaka, Kofte Kebab, Samasos, Chicken Saute, Fried Calamar, the 3 of us drank a bottle of Cappadocian wine, and again shared the desserts Baklava, Cheese Plate and Yoghurt with Honey. The last time we ate at Orient, the maitre D chose our meal and again we shared the dishes, the Mezze was particularly memorable; we decided to have baklava for dessert.

• Women's Travel

• La Padella: Great food and service

by browncurry Updated Dec 2, 2005

Good Restaurant in Urgup

La Padella
    The service is excellent.
    Turkish food...home made by the owner and his wife

Try the tandir restaurant as well..i think they advertise as a pizza place or something like that..its near the centre

Favorite Dish: The fig dessert is to die for

• sieffron's Profile Photo

Take Me to the River, Dip Me in the Water...

by sieffron Written Oct 18, 2004

Ooh, the ambience...

This restaurant is near the end of the Ilhara Valley walk. The food was pretty standard fare, but it was cool to be able to eat at a table set in the middle of a river.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Goreme

Comments

Goreme Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Goreme restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Goreme sightseeing.