Ortahisar Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by acemj

Most Recent Restaurants in Ortahisar

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Municipality’s tea garden: A quick rest

by ozalp Written Jul 29, 2008

It was a sunny day and there was a good spot here, under the tree. After so much wandering around we were in need of some tea and appetizers. We wanted some “pide” (again, Turkish pizza with less ingredient) with cheese and tea. The waiter was quite helpful and kind. We enjoyed sitting there. People came and went. Some drank beer against the castle. Busses were passing. I can say, it was quite relaxing to be there and their pide was recommendable.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Culture Museum Restaurant: Tour group special

by acemj Updated May 18, 2008

Since I was with a tour, I didn't have a choice about where to eat lunch. While this place wasn't bad, it was definitely not the type of place I would normally choose. You'll walk up some stairs and find yourself in a different, cleaner, more modern world than the street below. We ate outside on the terrace, which has a great view of the castle. Also, you can take the time to visit the museum, which has some pretty dull dioramas, but that's just my opinion.

Favorite Dish: Fortunately, some meals are more about the atmosphere and the company than the food. We all were served the same thing (a round of soup, bread and a forgettable main course). Nothing was bad, but nothing too exceptional either. However, I enjoyed getting to know some of the people I was touring with and soaking in the views of the town and the castle of rock in the background.

• iaint's Profile Photo

Park Restaurant: real Anatolian cuisine

by iaint Updated Jul 30, 2007

Its just a local restaurant, mostly outdoors in summer. Quiet and friendly. We had an excellent dinner, and it cost almost nothing!

40ytl (£16; €26; US$32) for main course, pide bread and salad for 2, plus red wine for 1.

Favorite Dish: We both had a lamb + vegetable stew cooked inside an clay pot. Apparently its a very typical local dish. It was delicious. Our salad was top class as well, and I tried the local Kapadokya red wine. Glad I did!

Instant Answers: Ortahisar

Comments

Ortahisar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ortahisar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ortahisar sightseeing.