Stores, Malls or Markets in Nevsehir Ili

Most Viewed Shopping in Nevsehir Ili

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

GURAY KAYA SERAMIK: Avanos Pottery

by mindcrime Updated Oct 26, 2008

Although I didn’t spend much time at the village of Avanos I knew that it is famous as the centre of pottery in the region so I didn’t get angry when I’ve been told that there is a shopping stop in the daily tour I did one day. Usually, they make a demonstration with a man of the wheel (pic 1) creating something in front of you, something that is interesting if you don’t know that a simple pot will be ready in a few minutes! They serve you a tea and you can also try to make something yourself, but nobody can make it (probably because we preferred to laugh than to try!).

Then you can see how they paint the detailed decoration of the items (pic 2). Of course, after the demonstration they give you time to shop but the great difference this time that except the cheap commercial souvenirs they also have some really beautiful unique pieces(pic 3). Some of them are really beautiful and although they cost more than a typical souvenir it’s worth to buy for your house.

For the expensive items they ship them to your country without charge.

What to pay: from 5 euro to 500 euro!

pottery demonstration in Avanos drawing a plate some of the items in Avanos pottery

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

co-op carpet factory: buy a carpet... or a kilim!

by call_me_rhia Written Feb 13, 2004

As I was flying to Turkey I said to my friend: I'm not going to buy a carpet! It soon turned out that I bought a kilim instead: I just couldn't resist it. At the factory they show you all the processes (looming, colouring and so on) of carpet-making. I found it fascinating - especially because the people there were not really pushing you to buy anything.

What to buy: carpets (there are some really gorgeous - albeit expensive ones) and kilims. Bright or "earthly" colours.

What to pay: about 300 dollars for a small kilim, in natural colours

my kilim

• Bregman's Profile Photo

Carpets

by Bregman Written Jun 6, 2005

What to buy: All over Cappadocia, and the rest of Turkey, you will find carpet shops. Here you can find hand made carpets and pay much less. Only, be prepare to haggle...

Carpets

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Ceramics and kilims

by SirRichard Written Dec 14, 2002

The main shopping items are the Avanos Ceramics: plates, jars, pots... in a beautiful blue and white designs.
    Another good souvenir are the kilims, though most are produced outside Capadocia.

Nevsehir Ili Hotels

20 Reviews - 77 Photos
Derinkuyu Hotels
2 Reviews - 14 Photos

Instant Answers: Nevsehir Ili

Comments

Nevsehir Ili Shopping

Reviews and photos of Nevsehir Ili shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nevsehir Ili sightseeing.
Map of Nevsehir Ili